Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunnes Shop & Save [TESCO NOT ACCEPTING THEM]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭itsallok

darconio wrote: »
    So if I use my 5 euro voucher on saturday, do I need to spend at least 30€ in order to get another voucher? or I won't get anything because I'm using the voucher?

To use the €5 voucher, you must spend at least €25 or over in Saturday's shop. At the bottom of your receipt, on Saturday you will also get another €5 off €25 spend for your next shop- to be used within 10 days.

Hope that helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭darconio

itsallok wrote: »
    To use the €5 voucher, you must spend at least €25 or over in Saturday's shop. At the bottom of your receipt, on Saturday you will also get another €5 off €25 spend for your next shop- to be used within 10 days.

Hope that helps!

So If I spend exactly 25€ I can use my 5€ voucher but that will bring the amount to 20€: am I still entitled for a 5€ voucher?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭yellow hen

darconio wrote: »
    So If I spend exactly 25€ I can use my 5€ voucher but that will bring the amount to 20€: am I still entitled for a 5€ voucher?

yes

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭blobbie

yellow hen wrote: »
    yes

Wrong, at least in my experience.

If you have a 5e voucher, you need to have 30e of stuff in your basket to qualify for another 5e voucher. They deduct the 5e from your receipt before calculating if you qualify for a 5e voucher.

With a 5e voucher and a bill of 29.99, after applying the voucher your bill is 24.99 which is <25e and thus no new voucher.

With a 5e voucher and a bill of 30.01, after applying the voucher your bill is 25.01 which is >25e and thus new 5e voucher.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

blobbie wrote: »

If you have a 5e voucher, you need to have 30e of stuff in your basket to qualify for another 5e voucher. They deduct the 5e from your receipt before calculating if you qualify for a 5e voucher.

With a 5e voucher and a bill of 29.99, after applying the voucher your bill is 24.99 which is <25e and thus no new voucher.

With a 5e voucher and a bill of 30.01, after applying the voucher your bill is 25.01 which is >25e and thus new 5e voucher.

No, that's incorrect. I have made a number of trips to Dunnes over the period of this promotion and on every occasion bought just over €25 worth of groceries. I used my existing €5 voucher each time and received another €5 voucher in my receipt.

It doesn't matter how you pay for your €25/€50/€75/€100 worth of groceries; once you hit the relevant amount you receive the appropriate voucher.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

Thats incorrect, if you spend 25 you get your initial 5 voucher, if you spend 25 again and use your initial 5 voucher, you get another 5 voucher on your receipt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭georgem25

I spent just over €25 on a few occasions and got the voucher too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭yellow hen

georgem25 wrote: »
    I spent just over €25 on a few occasions and got the voucher too

Me too. It's €5 off a bill of €25 or more. Pretty straightforward, there's no small print that reads 'must spend €30 to get the next voucher'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭itsallok

Still going.... got another till voucher today in Dundalk valid from 6th to the 15th. Posters still say 'until 4th', but it is at least extended until today.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭chris1970

Didnt suit me this time, was more then 6 days before i went back to use initial voucher, useless promotion for me

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Ads in today's papers suggest it's been extended until this Tuesday.

In an email I got from them last week it says 8th. But posters in the shop said 4th and also says 4th on their website. Will check it out today

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭jinxremoving

In an email I got from them last week it says 8th. But posters in the shop said 4th and also says 4th on their website. Will check it out today

Was issued a new voucher yesterday so It has been extended beyond the 4th

I got another voucher with my shopping this evening. I asked instore but they weren't sure when its ending???

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Extended until 15/10

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

snubbleste wrote: »
    Extended until 15/10

I shopped in Dunnes in Blanchardstown yesterday and I got a voucher that is valid from 10/10/14 to 19/10/14 so they must be still extending the offer.

Does anyone know if you can use these vouchers in just the off licence sections - I might stock up for Xmas now if I was getting a few bob off with these?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭masterK

I shopped in Dunnes in Blanchardstown yesterday and I got a voucher that is valid from 10/10/14 to 19/10/14 so they must be still extending the offer.

Does anyone know if you can use these vouchers in just the off licence sections - I might stock up for Xmas now if I was getting a few bob off with these?

Yes, definitely can. Used one in Dunnes Blanchardstown last week.

Ugh, the C word.

snubbleste wrote: »
    Ugh, the C word.

Sorry!!! I did try and soften the blow by using the X word rather than the C word...apologies!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 davebushe

Got a voucher this morning - valid till 20/10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭davo2001

Got €20 off €100 shop last week. Told the girl at the till to stop at €50, gave her the 1st voucher, did the same for the second €50.

Fully intend on doing this same this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,384 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

If u have 25, use a voucher and now its 20. Do u get another voucher or must actually spend 25 at bottom line

TheDriver wrote: »
    If u have 25, use a voucher and now its 20. Do u get another voucher or must actually spend 25 at bottom line

You get another voucher for €5 if the inital sepend was/is over €25

• Registered Users Posts: 12,384 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

You get another voucher for €5 if the inital sepend was/is over €25

Damn, I have been constantly making up 30 euro shops!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Hy Gieni

Saw a poster in Dunnes this morning saying it is extended to Thursday 16th October

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭gypsylee

I had a voucher from last week, spent €28.00, got €5.00 back plus another voucher to be used until the 22nd of October.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭restive

Is neutrogena hand cream considered a medical product? Are firelighters considered a fuel?

restive wrote: »
    Is neutrogena hand cream considered a medical product? Are firelighters considered a fuel?
    No. no.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭barneyrub

IT's still running today even though all the signs said until the 15th.

I'm sick of it now though!!Spending way too much money in Dunnes compared to normal.

They have the funsize bars 3 for €5 so stocked up on some of them for halloween etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭barneyrub

Anyone else expiry on their vouchers shorter than previous/ Just noticed the ones I got yesterday are only valid until 22/10. The ones I got last week were valid until 19/10

Advertisement