Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Remote Play

Options
  • 22-10-2020 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭

Apologies if there is already a thread on this but is anyone trying the remote play on IOS devices....I find it pretty unplayable over decent WIFI, very choppy and buggy.

Am I missing something?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Not IOS but had a bash an Android phone the other night - just that lonely mountain cycling game. Nice novelty but I can't see myself ever using it properly. Streaming to PC on the other hand I've used quite a bit in the last few weeks, very handy feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Tried it this week, my connection is just a 4G router so it's pretty poor anyway. Found it to be playable but with the odd stutter and some freezing. I imagine this will improve over time and whenever I get good internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Vudgie

I tried FIFA and found it pretty bad on good WIFI, a lot of stuttering and pixilation.

I found COD better but still a bit stuttering to have an effective multiplayer game.....hopefully it improves as its a nice feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

I have virgin Media broadband with a what I can see a decent connection..

I can’t use remote play at all , very laggy on my iPad and pc..

Looking online this is down to virgin media ?

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Vudgie

I have virgin Media broadband with a what I can see a decent connection..

I can’t use remote play at all , very laggy on my iPad and pc..

Looking online this is down to virgin media ?

I'm on Virgin too and I have decent speeds...its a shame as its unplayable the way it is.

• Advertisement

Vudgie wrote: »
    I'm on Virgin too and I have decent speeds...its a shame as its unplayable the way it is.

I know I hope there is some sort of fix .. hopefully someone with virgin who can play without issue will let us know what we are doing wrong !

Looking online and people are blaming the smart hub router

• Registered Users Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Treppen

I've Virgin media (500mb) and it's ok on mobile. Would want a new phone maybe + set it to 5ghz.

Streaming to laptop isn't too bad but the quality varies. A few days ago it was running brilliantly with zero lag, then another day later it went crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Tried streaming WatchDogs Legion from my One X to my iPad Pro last night and it was... fine but the lag made aiming quite difficult.

Provider: Virgin Media 500mb
    Router: Google Nest Wifi

I have tried both 2.4 / 5 ghz and still sucks

Advertisement