Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Possibly silly Series X questions..

• 22-09-2020 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭

Trying to convince the young fella to use in his XBox One towards a Series X.

He's worried he won't be able to talk to his buddies who'll be playing on XBone while they're playing.

Surely he'll just be able to just re download and play XBOne games (from his XBox account) on the Series X?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Yes, there should be no issues whatsoever in that. The platform is the important thing for Microsoft and with Xbox Live there will be no segregation of users between Xbox One and Series X. (To put it simply)

There may be a case where certain games begin to only release on Series X, of course, and I'm not actually sure on certain cross generation releases (e.g. FIFA, Fortnite etc...) but I would be highly surprised if the user base was segregated for those games in the short term.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭ozmo

long_b wrote: »
    Trying to convince the young fella to use in his XBox One towards a Series X.

He's worried he won't be able to talk to his buddies who'll be playing on XBone while they're playing.

Surely he'll just be able to just re download and play XBOne games (from his XBox account) on the Series X?

You would be lucky to find a series x anytime soon. Sold out in minutes worldwide.

Could be new year 2021 before in stock again?

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭Notdeco

ozmo wrote: »
    You would be lucky to find a series x anytime soon. Sold out in minutes worldwide.

Argos will have them online on release date. More will be available before Christmas no doubt across all retailers.

Notdeco wrote: »
    Argos will have them online on release date. More will be available before Christmas no doubt across all retailers.

Still wouldnt risk selling his console on the chance stock will be available - could be months.

Keep it - buy a new one if you can - Clean it up nice, dig out the original box etc. and sell the old one on adverts later for possibly higher than a shop trade in would get right now.

Plus the game disks and any extra controllers might be reusable on new console depending on the model you get.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭long_b

I've a pre order in Gamestop for a Series X. Seems to be conditional though.

• Advertisement

long_b wrote: »
    I've a pre order in Gamestop for a Series X. Seems to be conditional though.

Yeah - wouldn't count on them...

Series X preorder for sale right now in Currys - 5 euros deposit - collection on release day.

https://preorder.currys.ie/catalogue/game-consoles/xbox

23 Sept 5:15pm

edit: 5:16 - sorry - sold out :(

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭Treppen

I'd say there's no rush yet. They'll be doing trade ins in GameStop in the States so I think they'll bdob then here too.
    https://www.purexbox.com/news/2020/09/gamestop_announces_trade-in_offers_for_the_xbox_series_s_and_x

Although you might just get a bit more by going v the adverts route.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

This is the Gamestop trade list https://www.gamestop.ie/Xbox#seriesconsoletradelist

Yeah - wouldn't count on them...

Series X preorder for sale right now in Currys - 5 euros deposit - collection on release day.

https://preorder.currys.ie/catalogue/game-consoles/xbox

23 Sept 5:15pm

edit: 5:16 - sorry - sold out :(

Annnd its back in stock again at the above address if anyone is interested....

“Roll it back”

Advertisement