Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philomena Lynott RIP

Comments

A larger than life character. RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Read her book many years ago, great read, an amazing woman. She'll be missed at rock gigs too as she would often attend them and have some big name acknowledge her presence. Vibe for Philo gigs too of course.

RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

RIP - she sure lived to a good age. Fabulous looking woman - she must have been a knockout in her youth.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Finally she is with Phil again. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Fiftyfilthy

Finally she is with Phil again. RIP.

I don’t think that really happens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭TheBigEvil

RIP - She was an amazing woman and gave us (IMHO) our greatest front man !. She always had time for fans of Phil and the band. Shes rocking with Phil now !

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

One of a kind for sure

Great song.

Well I've been the wild wild rover
    Sailed all over the sea
    But this thing that makes me wonder
    Has made a fool of me

For it took me from my childhood
    Underneath the stars and skies
    And I hear the wind Whistling through the wild wood,
    Whispering goodbye

It's home, boys, home
    Home, boys, home
    Home, boys, home
    When your far across the foam

And if you see my mother
    Tell her I'm keeping fine
    Will you tell her that I love her
    And I'll try to write sometime

And if you see my mother
    Give her all of my love
    For she has a heart of gold there
    As good as God above

And she's home, boys, home
    Home, boys, home
    Home, boys, home

Oh there's no place like home

And if you see my ole one
    Will you tell her I'm keeping fine
    Will you tell her that I love her
    And I'll try to write sometime

And she's home, boys, home
    Home, boys, home
    Home, boys, home

Oh there's no place...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

So sorry to hear this. Lovely lady who was rightfully proud of her hugely talented son. May she Rest In Peace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Steviewinger

Rest well x

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Very sorry to hear this. I met her 10 or maybe more years ago at one of her book signings. A lovely lady, she was happy to sign another book I had brought along with me too and had photos taken with everyone. RIP, Philomena.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,677 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

I do remember a period where she seemed to be on radio and TV banging on about her son constantly probably plugging a book or something which I found a bit strange. She always seemed to be milking the whole thing to death to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

A true Lady.

RIP Philomena.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

Seemed to be a lovely woman who lived the latter half of her life through Phil. I never knew whether that was a good or a bad thing. RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭dasdog

A wonderful lady with more energy than most half her age. She'll be greatly missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭decky1

Met her a year or so ago in a antique+vintage shop on the North wall road, i have always been a fan of Thin Lizzy , what a pleasure to have the chance to talk to her , got a photo and a good few laughs with her , a real lady, RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

She was a great character. Met her in Tullamore some years ago. RIP Philomena.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,696 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

I do remember a period where she seemed to be on radio and TV banging on about her son constantly probably plugging a book or something which I found a bit strange. She always seemed to be milking the whole thing to death to me.

She had a strong dislike of Gary Moore too for some reason which I found unnecessary.

Maybe it was because he was a far superior musician to Phil.
    Jealousy can be a cruel bedfellow.

May she rest in peace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Lovely woman

• Advertisement

padd b1975 wrote: »
    She had a strong dislike of Gary Moore too for some reason which I found unnecessary.

Maybe it was because he was a far superior musician to Phil.
    Jealousy can be a cruel bedfellow.

May she rest in peace.

Jaysus....nice dig for the day that's in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,696 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Jaysus....nice dig for the day that's in it.

Not really, there wasn't a peep out of her when Gary Moore passed.

Real Irish funeral vibe in here :p

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Not really, there wasn't a peep out of her when Gary Moore passed.

His Ma too?

Anyway be happy in your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

RIP. That's going to be one huge funeral

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

RIP. That's going to be one huge funeral

Has Metallica gone home yet? Sure the removal will probably be tomorrow evening, they might hang around for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,274 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

I gotta be honest (and I hope folks'll be honest too when I go into the earth too) but I thought she was a horrible person.

She always promoted Phil, and for many, many years she spoke of being a single mother to Phil, and how difficult it was...

Never mentioned she had 2 other children who are still alive, a boy and a girl. Nor did she mention Phil was only told of one sibling, and not the other. (Phil's Sister shares a father with him, but the son is from a different relationship). Nor did she mention she never visited her grandkids, and didn't have a relationship with them.

And there was no mention of her other children in many obituaries... all about Phil. Probably the way she wanted it.

Cruel woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

What a ridiculous comment this is. God help that the poor woman reminisced about a son she adored was taken from her too early.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,829 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

R.I.P.

A bit of a coincidence but I just bought a biography on Phil Lynott today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,677 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

What a ridiculous comment this is. God help that the poor woman reminisced about a son she adored was taken from her too early.

I couldn’t care less about who she is or if she’s dead or not I just found it odd that the woman was all over the place going on about her son. No other dead pop stars mother did the same to me it seemed like she craved attention. Why do any of us even know who she is?

Advertisement