Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ignorant GAA Fcukers

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Blinky Plebum

Pull what exactly?
    What does that even mean?

It means to pull on the ball with a hurl.

It's a fairly common phrase used at hurling matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭enricoh

Hedgelayer wrote: »
    They mean swing the hurl as in chop the opponents hurling skills down or hit the ball on the ground.

Saying pull makes no sense to people other than the knuckle dragging fraternity

Pity they all wont go down the pub in their man united tops with their surnames on the back. Screaming at the telly as they take on the mighty wolves.
    Hoping some sheikh Mohammed billionaire type takes over n ploughs a few quid in
    Yeah, the knuckle dragging fraternity as you say!

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ashleigh1986

SAMTALK wrote: »
    Jesus wept !

That's some chip on your shoulder

like the **** chips they ate in supermacs because he sponsors the gaa

Bob Harris wrote: »
    Tullamore, if only there were some guards in Tullamore to deal with the issue.

???

Ah, right. Now I get it.

Nice try, but Templemore is 40 miles away. Wrong town. It’s not even in the same county.

Unless someone is making a personal fortune it isn’t. No fan of GAA sport here, I don’t watch and didn’t play but it’s a largely volunteer organisation.

There’s a tuppence halfpenny looking down at tuppence feel to this thread.

It’s more like half a crown looking down on a halfpenny, from my own perspective. GAA keeps people distracted from meaningful pursuits in their spare time. I’ve no time for the association or its members generally, less so when they park like a bunch of hicks going to town for a day out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Vita nova

GBX wrote: »
    In before the "shirley they should be out catching criminals not herding culchies"
    Look Culchies of IReland,

there's no "chip on our shoulder" or any of that.
    you are culchies. merely just accept the slagging. it will never end.
    you're too easy to slag.
    IRE60 wrote: »

When you get a person who refers to others as culchies just because they follow GAA sports, are from a rural area or are simply from outside Dublin then you know you're dealing with an unfunny prejudiced individual.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,346 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

It's nothing really to do with the GAA or culchies.

It's drivers that are generally the ignorant fcukers - parking anywhere the hell they like, regardless of the impact on cyclists, parents pushing buggies, wheelchair users and more. Many rely on the out 'just a few minutes' excuse, which ignores the fact that multiple drivers all stopping for 'just a few minutes' effectively means the path or cycle lane can't be used for the intended purpose.

Loads of examples on these Twitter feeds;

https://twitter.com/dublinblockers

https://twitter.com/Dub14Blockers

https://twitter.com/GalwayCityCars

https://twitter.com/DubFireBrigade/status/1133078003611836417

• Registered Users Posts: 6,051 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

I have attended GAA matches in Tullamore for over fifty years and parking has always been the same way,but as far as I can recall I have never heard of any previous complaints.People park all the time on match days on the paths sometimes stretching a long way out the Kilbeggan road in particular.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Toothless simpletons & men with eyebrows on their cheeks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,770 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Yamanoto wrote: »

Nope. Mayo were playing in Castlebar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭granturismo

I hope you know these GAA heads keep your sh1tty little town going with the money they spend in pubs, food outlets, etc.

Like fk they do. They start rushing out of the stands before the final whistle, drive like maniacs out of town and stop for chips halfway home.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

bfclancy wrote: »
    you do realise the original culchies came from Dublin, derivation from "Cul an ti", the servants going in the back door since the dubs were just servants to the gentry, ye really are morons

Nope, it originally came from country folk going in backdoor of farm houses so as not to wreck the house with dirt by coming in the front door. Enter the house on the tiled floor and take the wellies off there.

Don't be so precious it's only a bit of slagging.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Yamanoto wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭bladespin

enricoh wrote: »
    Pity they all wont go down the pub in their man united tops with their surnames on the back. Screaming at the telly as they take on the mighty wolves.
    Hoping some sheikh Mohammed billionaire type takes over n ploughs a few quid in
    Yeah, the knuckle dragging fraternity as you say!

They do that too, plenty that support both.

JayZeus wrote: »
    It’s more like half a crown looking down on a halfpenny, from my own perspective. GAA keeps people distracted from meaningful pursuits in their spare time. I’ve no time for the association or its members generally, less so when they park like a bunch of hicks going to town for a day out.

Like posting on Boards? The stench of conceit and delusion is strong here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Like fk they do. They start rushing out of the stands before the final whistle, drive like maniacs out of town and stop for chips halfway home.

TBF, who would blame them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Just back from a walk through town and the place is basically impassable due to the generally ignorant parking of the GAA muttonheads attending some bogball double-header or other.

Cars parked on both sides of the road, completely blocking the footpaths and forcing people to step out into the road to get by. How people with a pram or in a wheelchair would get passed I'm not sure.

I wouldn't mind as much but they have a training field near us that they turn into a car park on match days but it's half empty because people would rather park like a cnut than pay €5 to park responsibly.

So anyway my question, do you have to be an ignorant spa to watch GAA or is it optional?

old-man-cloud-HD-1079x720.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Yes, you're right. The GAA do put more effort into getting good facilities for their clubs. But door to door requests? Are you sure you aren't going a bit too far with this?
    Its good that the GAA have these facilities so that they can allow the soccer crowd use them when they have any match that attracts more than 100 people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭tupenny

Funny the only "non culchies" are the champs of both women and mens all Ireland..
    Bog ball you say?!

People are ignorant parkers all the time, hows that gaa related ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭bladespin

tupenny wrote: »
    People are ignorant parkers all the time, hows that gaa related ?

Local matches seem to 'amplify' the issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

You'll never play county with an attitude like that OP :rolleyes:

Advertisement