Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Times Ireland/Sunday Times Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Glebee

Tusky wrote: »
    2 for 1 tickets to The Odeon each week and various other ones.

€5 is an absolute bargain. Sure the Sunday Times alone is normally €3.

That was the clincher for me, used to always buy the Sunday Times but stopped buying a Sunday paper altogether last year. 5 euro a month, bargain.

Thoughts so far on package. Decent to read on tablet, not so good on phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭mydiscworld

Signed up there. I'm confused as it then takes my to

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/

which is their UK site

I want The Times Irish edition. What am I doing wrong?

which is their UK site

At the top go to Todays Sections and click Ireland.

Glebee wrote: »
    At the top go to Todays Sections and click Ireland.

Found it, thanks.

Do you also view a digital copy of today's paper, like the Irish Times gives?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 roakleyIRL

which is their UK site

The best way to utilise your subscription is to download the Ireland edition smartphone app and the Ireland edition app for tablets. The smartphone app includes all the Ireland content on the front page and then the UK content through the menu at the top. The website - accessed either by thetimes.ie or thetimes.co.uk - has an Ireland tab that includes all the Ireland content and then other tabs for other sections - the Ireland tab is at the bottom but you can find it in the menu at the top and if you go to thetimes.ie you will go straight to it. The tablet edition is like an ereader but much better than normal ereaders - it resembles the print Ireland edition and has similar sections but you can click through them and there is video etc - the links to the apps should be in the introductory email you were sent and can also be found by searching The Times and The Sunday Times Ireland

• Advertisement

Found it, thanks.

Do you also view a digital copy of today's paper, like the Irish Times gives?

The digital copy of today's paper is available on tablet in the tablet app - the app is like an ereader but better

Thanks for that.

I don't have a tablet. Was hoping to read the ePaper on my smartphone or via the website

ablelocks wrote: »
    hmmm

€16 euro a month saved

over a 24 month "contract" that's equal to €384

that's equal to a new ipad to read it on.

excellent.

and to think i had decided to cancel

(mind you, when I call them tomorrow, I'll still tell them the reasons i was going to cancel - the epaper crashes a lot, there's often graphics missing, there's a huge preachiness in the last week or so about drinking and diet, the extent of Irish news coverage isn't as good as they had said it would be, and on the "normal" news app, Irish coverage is non-existent apart from Brexit)

HI - each day the Irish edition does about 20 Irish news stories - about 8 Irish business stories, at least 4 Irish opinion pieces and about another 10 Irish sport pieces - When you open the smartphone app all of these should be on your front page with links to the UK content at the top? On the website all the Irish content is under the Ireland tab

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭IRE60

Yea - made complete sense!

(Although, i'll miss the physical product experience: 'man-spreading' the broadsheet across a table, leaving just enough acreage for something from St James' Gate!)

I buy it every Sunday E3 a week or E5 a month - no brainier really.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭IRE60

One other thing - is there an audio edition or audio option?

Subscribed to the Economist and got very fond of the audio whilst driving

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

Used to but he paper edition of the Sunday Times and enjoyed the supplements, particularly the Culture magazine.
    Does this also come as part of the digital package ?

Techless wrote: »
    Used to but he paper edition of the Sunday Times and enjoyed the supplements, particularly the Culture magazine.
    Does this also come as part of the digital package ?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭bromley52

How many users can use the same account?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 The red bull

Got this yesterday and and for 5e month is great value - Irish content is quite good with a very comprehensive sports section. Currently pay 20e for Irish Indo which I will be cancelling

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭terencemc

How many users can use the same account?

5 IP addresses

torrevieja wrote: »
    whats the membership offers ?

All the offers are explained at the website thetiimes.ie/join - they include two for one cinema tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

roakleyIRL wrote: »
    All the offers are explained at the website thetiimes.ie/join - they include two for one cinema tickets

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭shalom

Got this yesterday and and for 5e month is great value - Irish content is quite good with a very comprehensive sports section. Currently pay 20e for Irish Indo which I will be cancelling

You can get the independent free on line see

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057671849

• Registered Users Posts: 10,220 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

shalom wrote: »

You can get the independent free on line see

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057671849

You sure can

• Registered Users Posts: 3 The red bull

Birneybau wrote: »
    You sure can

Cheers - works a treat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

Just renewed mine , thanks,got the I pad,yonks ago, couldn't pass this up

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Sweet deal, thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 8,370 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Great deal

If they did the free iPad as well then it would be a blindingly good deal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭torrevieja

Folks why bother with this when you can get free papers here :https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/show...p?t=2057671849

• Registered Users Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

torrevieja wrote: »
    Folks why bother with this when you can get free papers here :https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/show...p?t=2057671849

Paying for journalism isn't a bad thing? Plus it's proper app support/etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,220 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Great deal

If they did the free iPad as well then it would be a blindingly good deal

Yes, but, completely illogical

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Spurion

I signed up last week (7th Jan) for the 1 month free trial but today - only a week later - I got charged the 5 euro subscription fee. Anyone else experience this?

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭uRbaN

Spurion wrote: »
    I signed up last week (7th Jan) for the 1 month free trial but today - only a week later - I got charged the 5 euro subscription fee. Anyone else experience this?

I just checked. I subscribed on the 12th Jan, but it says first payment week be the 19th Jan.

So it's a week trial. Maybe they invoice in advance for the month.

'You have signed up for a free trial subscription from Times Newspapers Limited on Google Play. Your trial will end on Jan 19, 2019. You will be automatically charged the subscription cost (currently €5.00/month) at the end of your trial unless you cancel'

uRbaN wrote: »

I just checked. I subscribed on the 12th Jan, but it says first payment week be the 19th Jan.

'You have signed up for a free trial subscription from Times Newspapers Limited on Google Play. Your trial will end on Jan 19, 2019. You will be automatically charged the subscription cost (currently €5.00/month) at the end of your trial unless you cancel'
    Same here

• Advertisement

uRbaN wrote: »

Same here,just signed up,say it's a clerical error, or an automatic response

Advertisement