Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,393 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I went to my free month Austria account and managed to add the real revolut to it, took a test payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭ooter

Trying to set up a new account through austria but it is looking for an austrian mobile number to send a code to confirm the account, is there any way around this?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭This is it

Just an FYI. When my sub expired I couldn't sign out of all devices as is noted in most guides here but there was no issue with signing up via Turkey. I did sign out on the device I was renewing on but I had 3 or 4 still logged in, though not viewing anything at the time.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

ooter wrote: »
    Trying to set up a new account through austria but it is looking for an austrian mobile number to send a code to confirm the account, is there any way around this?

Did you read Post Number 1?

Gumbo wrote: »
    Did you read Post Number 1?

No.

• Advertisement

I put in my Irish number, selected 353 from the menu. No issues verifying it.

TheDriver wrote: »
    I put in my Irish number, selected 353 from the menu. No issues verifying it.

Thanks.
    Managed to get it done through the app, it wouldn't recognize the password I registered with but once I changed it I was able to log in and provide an irish phone number.

No.

There’s your answer then.

There’s your answer then.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭AngelaRI

Thank you all for the suggestions and information here.
    Here's what worked for me.
    Once the account expired logged out of everything including TV
    On the laptop opened SurfShark VPN (I have a subscription) then Chrome and checked its showing Turkey
    In Chrome logged in Netflix and as soon as logged it asked if I want to renew my subscription.
    renewal came up in Turkish Lira
    Tried Revolut - nope, "something went wrong"
    Revolut Virtual - "something went wrong"
    Curve - "something went wrong"
    N26 - "something went wrong"
    BOI debit - Yay. renewal worked.
    Afterwards I have changed the prefered card to Revolut so hopefully, it will work with Revolut next month.
    It's such a random dip, everyone seems to have a different experience. What worked for some is no go for others. ..

So I did almost exactly this, only I had updated my payment method a few months back to Irish debit card that still has the guts of 2 years left on it, and had paid a number of Irish monthly subs on this (ouch..)
    Opened MS Edge in Incognito (no VPN)
    Signed in, hit restart membership (Irish)
    Started Proton VPN on Turkey (no issues)
    Refreshed browser and now saw Turkish prices
    Selected my 'Ultimate' plan
    Signed up no issues, and I see the payment on my bank statement and netflix payment history

After that, still on VPN, I tried adding Revolut as backup payment method (physical card) - no joy
    Closed VPN and tried Revolut, no joy
    Tomorow evening (waiting 24 hours) will try Revolut virtual
    But even if that doesn't work, I seem to be good on TL rates using my debit card, so that's fine, I'll fight this fight in 2 years again if I need to (and perhaps load up some TL gift cards before that expires as a buffer!)

Success, happy camper, thanks to th smart folks who figured this out! :D

This is it wrote: »
    Just an FYI. When my sub expired I couldn't sign out of all devices as is noted in most guides here but there was no issue with signing up via Turkey. I did sign out on the device I was renewing on but I had 3 or 4 still logged in, though not viewing anything at the time.

Thank you for this! I made sure to sign out of everything on my last day of my Irish sub!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Prices increasing to 55 lira due to currency weakness from may

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

I used PureVPN and got my Turkish prices. Everything was going swimmingly until I got to the payment. I tried about 6 cards from 2 different providers - no luck. Finally, I purchased a 100 TL gift card from G2A and used that. It's working for now. I have Revolut as the backup payment method and hopefully that will work in two months time.

Prices increasing to 55 lira due to currency weakness from may

Will it drop when lira strengthens again??

Big massive thanks to the OP, Xcellor and all the others offering guidance throughout the thread.

After my boo boo last month,I had Tunnel Bear set to Argentina for my You Tube Premium set up and without thought, signed up to Netflix through Argentina. Still cheap at €10.50 or so but I followed the steps to join through Turkey this morning using VPNUnliited free trial.

I had already had my revolut set up as my Netflix payment from my Irish Sub and Irish registered Phone number.

I just waited until Netflix stopped working. I didn't sign out of any devices etc

Went in through VPNUnlimited and €5.70 just debited from Revolut (55 Lira).

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭blacknight83

hi, have two spots left in my Netflix family! please pm if interested

all spots fulfilled

• Registered Users Posts: 11,900 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Let me sub expire, signed out, tried Private Internet Access and PureVPN but getting the message about issue with card: Revolut, N26 and Ulster Bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,954 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Fwiw I signed up using Private Internet Access without a hitch last month.

GBX wrote: »
    Let me sub expire, signed out, tried Private Internet Access and PureVPN but getting the message about issue with card: Revolut, N26 and Ulster Bank.

What card worked while you were on the Irish sub?
    You should be trying 3 different payment methods in quick succession as Netflix will block it.

You should be trying 3 different payment methods in quick succession as Netflix will block it.

Tried same card, virtual card, Ulster Bank debit, N26 Mastercard.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭247music

Would this work for a playstation plus account sub? ðŸ˜

• Advertisement

Said id try it again last night - ended up paying for a month in Euro in error :(. I'll wait another month and try again as i'll be getting a new Revolut card, hopefully can use this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

Maybe this is a stupid question but how do you add the TL gift card to your acct?
    When I log on it looks to restart my membership and then once I pick my plan it goes to payment details but I can’t see where to add the TL card. I am doing this using the safari browser and on an ipad

Maybe this is a stupid question but how do you add the TL gift card to your acct?
    When I log on it looks to restart my membership and then once I pick my plan it goes to payment details but I can’t see where to add the TL card. I am doing this using the safari browser and on an ipad

OK so I finally got it to accept the Gift Card and signed up. The problem I have is that it would still not allow me to add my revo card for back up payment. I am using Surfshark (have a subscription) and I also tried express vpn (although it said Turkey, when I tried Netflix it was coming up as the Netherlands).

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

OK so I finally got it to accept the Gift Card and signed up. The problem I have is that it would still not allow me to add my revo card for back up payment. I am using Surfshark (have a subscription) and I also tried express vpn (although it said Turkey, when I tried Netflix it was coming up as the Netherlands).
    You need to log in normally from Ireland (so no VPN) to add the backup card.

Quackster wrote: »
    You need to log in normally from Ireland (so no VPN) to add the backup card.

Ok tried that but still won’t accept Revolut Virtual Card, no VPN on...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭AngelaRI

Same here, refuses to take my Revolut, virtual or physical. It seems pretty hit and miss on Revolut, it works for some, not for others, and for a few it fails a few times before accepting, seems pretty random, keep trying from time to time I guess. I still don't have my Revolut on here but thankfully had gotten my Irish debit card working months before switching (had to go via customer service to do that though, as it wouldn't even take that at the time... Scared to change now but the card is good for a bit thankfully)

It won’t even take my Visa Card or my Debit Card either. My Visa is out of date in a few months so I had deleted it after I switched over thinking that I could just add my Revolut card but now I can’t get any card on the account. And my VPN is switched off as advised

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Prunty

Finally got this to work this morning - third time's a charm. Used Revolut via Curve to pay for a month of an Irish sub and this morning I was able to renew in Turkey without any issue. Thanks for all the help and advice

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭sheldon16

Hi All,

Folowed post 1 step by step, VPN set for Turkey, see Turkish prices, had my revolut card as payment card past month, went to renew today and wouldnt accept revolut card, tried virtual revolut, BOI visa debit, and Curve card, all rejected.

Any advice? best to try another day?

Also noticed, on the payment screen, the Security code number wasnt there, that normal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

sheldon16 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Folowed post 1 step by step, VPN set for Turkey, see Turkish prices, had my revolut card as payment card past month, went to renew today and wouldnt accept revolut card, tried virtual revolut, BOI visa debit, and Curve card, all rejected.

Any advice? best to try another day?

We're you signed out of all login?
    Irish phone number updated?
    Did you use VPN unlimited/Keep solid? Talk of other VPNs being leaky.

Advertisement