Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭5star02707

TheDriver wrote: »
    What movies have you identified? Btw you do know you need the Vpn always to watch Turkish Netflix rather than just sign up via turkey

Yes if you want Netflix turkey contents you would need to log in to the VPN.

Same goes if your VPN is in Japan or America they'll have exclusive shows on that country alone

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭gomamochi1

Did you get a payment failed note? Mine tested revolut fine, got my notification from revolut and no error from Netflix.
    Yes payement fail. Got onto help line and they could see I was using a vpn ...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I got payment failed on Revolut mastercard that has been linked to my account for months. Don't know weather to go back to Ireland for a month & change to n26 or buy turkey netflix vouchers

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Cd23

i got a rejection today as well. took payment last month but this month it is blocked. Revolut confirmed all clear on their side and that Netflix rejecting the card

• Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Are curve cards more accepted by Netflix? Strange that Netflix turkey accepted it last month and rejected it this month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭This is it

I've VPN set up, shows in Turkey. Month was up yesterday but it won't accept my username/pass... even though it's 100% corect. Even if I try reset the password it says no, come back later

"Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again later."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭This is it

No idea what happened but accepted it eventually. €5.67 for the premium package, went through on Revolut already, thanks everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭camz09

Quick Q, I've always maintained a balance on my Revolut Turkish account for my Netflix every month. I've been wondering is there a big difference if Netflix deducts from my Euro account instead of the TRL one once it gets to 0 TRL balance? Just want to confirm if it's always worth the effort to convert and maintain a Turkish account on Revolut for this. Thanks for the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭quinnthebin

camz09 wrote: »
    Quick Q, I've always maintained a balance on my Revolut Turkish account for my Netflix every month. I've been wondering is there a big difference if Netflix deducts from my Euro account instead of the TRL one once it gets to 0 TRL balance? Just want to confirm if it's always worth the effort to convert and maintain a Turkish account on Revolut for this. Thanks for the help.

Never maintained any turkish balance. Open to correction but i'd assume it would be the exact same.

For comparison - last debit was euro 4.70 for 41.99 turkish

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

No difference whatsoever.
    The only thing will be, if you front loaded TRL when rates were in your favour, then the euro price could be more now.

If 55trl cost €5 today, it could cost €5.20 tomorrow. Or it could cost €4.90.

• Advertisement

Never maintained any turkish balance. Open to correction but i'd assume it would be the exact same.

For comparison - last debit was euro 4.70 for 41.99 turkish

Correct. Your next months bill should be 55.99trl.

I usually load up on TRL when it's best rate (for tidal etc). If you are converting TRL for a purchase tomorrow, then there's little difference except the weekend surcharge.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭camz09

My current TRL balance is on zero now. My next charge is on 25 April (Sunday). Should I leave it be or front load now? Dunno how to know when rates are good :/

My current TRL balance is on zero now. My next charge is on 25 April (Sunday). Should I leave it be or front load now? Dunno how to know when rates are good :/
    One way is to use xe.com and chart, it'll show if we are good at present. Trl is very good at present, I'd buy 6 months worth now.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

TheDriver wrote:
    What movies have you identified? Btw you do know you need the Vpn always to watch Turkish Netflix rather than just sign up via turkey

Harry Potter movies, Lord of the rings & the others are a few that jumped out at me

• Registered Users Posts: 9,913 ✭✭✭dodzy

Gumbo wrote: »
    Correct. Your next months bill should be 55.99trl.
    Relatively speaking, that’s a massive jump from 42TRL.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,913 ✭✭✭dodzy

We’re really scraping the depths when we are contemplating front loading TRL for a monthly bill of a few € :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I finally jumped and "moved" to Turkey.

Amazed at how easy and fast the whole thing was. Restart membership with Turkish money and away you go. Amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Batesout

Finally got the Turkish Netflix.
    Changed my payment to Revolut.
    Then changed it back to my Visa Debit
    Cancelled membership,
    Waited until membership expired today.
    Signed back in with my VPN set to Turkey.
    Payment went through no problem €5.70.
    Happy days.
    Thanks to everyone for the advice.

dodzy wrote: »
    We’re really scraping the depths when we are contemplating front loading TRL for a monthly bill of a few € :)
    Part of it is just the chase to the best bargain. But also don't underestimate how quick a currency can change. I've been on turkey for 3 years and have a seen a lot lot stronger lira

EDIT I looked up Sept 19 and I paid about 50% more than I do now for same TRL price. So that's about 25 euro a year.

• Advertisement

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Harry Potter movies, Lord of the rings & the others are a few that jumped out at me
    Well spotted, I see them there now. HP movies are also on the sports plus app so they must be very freely available in Turkey

dodzy wrote: »
    Relatively speaking, that’s a massive jump from 42TRL.

For sure, its a huge increase. Can you imagine the same % jump here!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭AngelaRI

I've just cancelled my Irish sub, expires in a few days, then will try to make the move. I tried a while back, but didn't realise at the time that my payment method was PayPal - it didn't like that... Had trouble getting my debit card loaded (Irish visa card, Irish netflix, no VPN, should've been straightforward, had to get customer services to help me there and didn't dare try to change subs too soon after that), and eventually gave up

Been running on debit card now for a few months, and have a good bit left before that card expires, so I'll add my Revolut as a backup card, and when my main card expires, will see if I can make revolut primary and add another backup to keep the sub running (oh I hope that works, but if not then I still get a good year or two out of this)

Wish me luck! Seems it works first time for some, and others have issues, so hoping it'll work for me this time!

AngelaRI wrote: »
    I've just cancelled my Irish sub, expires in a few days, then will try to make the move. I tried a while back, but didn't realise at the time that my payment method was PayPal - it didn't like that... Had trouble getting my debit card loaded (Irish visa card, Irish netflix, no VPN, should've been straightforward, had to get customer services to help me there and didn't dare try to change subs too soon after that), and eventually gave up

Been running on debit card now for a few months, and have a good bit left before that card expires, so I'll add my Revolut as a backup card, and when my main card expires, will see if I can make revolut primary and add another backup to keep the sub running (oh I hope that works, but if not then I still get a good year or two out of this)

Wish me luck! Seems it works first time for some, and others have issues, so hoping it'll work for me this time!

Just look earlier at my post to see what i done today.

Batesout wrote: »
    Just look earlier at my post to see what i done today.

That's pretty much what I plan to do. Cancelled already but got a few days left until it expires

That's pretty much what I plan to do. Cancelled already but got a few days left until it expires
    Just wait until you cant log into NF on your TV then set your VPN to Turkey & then sign up again , card details shuld go through without problem.

Good luck

Batesout wrote: »
    Just wait until you cant log into NF on your TV then set your VPN to Turkey & then sign up again , card details shuld go through without problem.

Thanks, will make very sure the current sub is fully expired before going ahead, seems to be a common cause for errors. Also gonna change my password first to force-disconnect any signed in devices (or I probably will miss something!)

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭msmx5

One way is to use xe.com and chart, it'll show if we are good at present. Trl is very good at present, I'd buy 6 months worth now.

I loaded up with 10 months worth of TRL last year - in hindsight I shouldn't have as the currency continued to fall against the euro to the point I was paying 30% more than I am with the current exchange rate ~ approx €1 on my sub - boohoo. But as the man on the radio says "Please remember that past performance may not be indicative of future results"

March 2020 - rate of €1 = TRL7.0571
    March 2021 - rate of €1 = TRL9.0214

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

Just got price change email from Netflix to inform me that my sub is going up to TL54.99 (€5.73). Not a big deal! I was paying on average €4.86 or so for the last while so still very happy with the price.

Advertisement