Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

La La, La La, La La Land

• 26-02-2017 11:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭

Who's stayin up to watch the Oscars ?

I hope la la, la la, la la, la la Land doesn't land as many Oscars as is predicted. I love films but I abhor all musicals without exception. It couldn't possibly be as good as ppl are sayin, someone is lying. I think the academy figured that since they didn't have a huge movie blockbuster this year they would just pretend they had knowing that most folk wouldn't know whether LLL was any good or not.

I'm not too sure about that Kimmy Kimmel presenter but I suppose he couldn't be mush worse than Seth Mac Farlane.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

learn_more wrote: »

but I abhor all musicals without exception. .

The Book of Mormon is brilliant.

edit: Musical that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,386 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

How can you judge La La Land if you haven't seen it in all fairness?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭red ears

No way i'm staying up for the democratic convention media wing. A bore-fest of anti trump rants at what is supposed to be movie awards no thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

murpho999 wrote: »
    How can you judge La La Land if you haven't seen it in all fairness?
    My wife and daughter went to see it and said it was way over hyped in promotions, nothing new in todays world. Have you seen it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

Watching Aliens instead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

The fact that it's a musical and called 'La La Land', is enough to keep me well away from it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

1.618 wrote: »
    The fact that it's a musical and called 'La La Land', is enough to keep me well away from it.

I keep picturing this:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Looking forward to seeing the A-list placard wavers giving away their '$100k Oscar swag bags' to the many good causes and new arrivals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Stopped having any interest in the Academy Awards about 35 years ago.

How can anyone hate musicals? They've given us some timeless cinema, from Mary Poppins to The Wizard of Oz, to West Side Story or Grease or The Sound of Music!

When I was a baba my favourite movie (apart from Who Framed Roger Rabbit) was Singin' In The Rain!

• Advertisement

Candie wrote: »
    How can anyone hate musicals? They've given us some timeless cinema, from Mary Poppins to The Wizard of Oz, to West Side Story or Grease or The Sound of Music!

When I was a baba my favourite movie (apart from Who Framed Roger Rabbit) was Singin' In The Rain!
    I hate them with a passion.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I turned it off after 5 minutes

You've no soul. :(

Stopped having any interest in the Academy Awards about 35 years ago.

Jodi Foster and Michael J Fox spent the day yesterday moaning about Trump, who cares? Even though Jodi wasn't a bad looking woman in her day :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭learn_more

Uggg, I can't stomach any of those. Top of the list would be anything with Julie Andrews in it. Uggggh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

So no one has..
    Well i have and it's deadly.

I like walk the line but that wasn't a musical. Maybe with one exception Cat Ballou :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,715 ✭✭✭lertsnim

A night of political speeches and multimillionaires patting each other on the back. I think I will go to bed this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,468 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

So you hope a movie you haven't seen doesn't win because you don't like musicals, which means it's a bad movie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

I love musicals but la la land is the biggest piece of crap I've ever endured. Means it will probably sweep the boards tonight :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

I hope la la, la la, la la, la la Land doesn't land as many Oscars as is predicted. I love films but I abhor all musicals without exception. It couldn't possibly be as good as ppl are sayin, someone is lying. I think the academy figured that since they didn't have a huge movie blockbuster this year they would just pretend they had knowing that most folk wouldn't know whether LLL was any good or not.

I'm not too sure about that Kimmy Kimmel presenter but I suppose he couldn't be mush worse than Seth Mac Farlane.

I've watched La La Land 3 times in the cinema. Hope it wins

Christ almighty, ya take your musicals seriously don't ya :)

I've watched La La Land 3 times in the cinema. Hope it wins

I hope it wins too, 'best musical', and thats all :D

Uggg, I can't stomach any of those. Top of the list would be anything with Julie Andrews in it. Uggggh.

Do you know what you need? A spoonful of sugar.

Oh well it's off to the Willy Wonka Chocolate Factory with me then is it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

I'm hoping Manchester By The Sea or Moonlight win Oscars tonight. Both are far better movies than La La Land.

Sky news presenter just now: Stars are making their way to the Oscars ceremony. The awards are expected to be dominated by la la land swipes at president Trump !

Should be fun.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Grease was made in 1978 , neither today nor yesterday.

OUCH !

• Advertisement

Grease was made in 1978 , neither today nor yesterday.

Yesterday, all my troubles seemed so far away. :(

Didn't the Beatles make a musical?

Advertisement