Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Do you consider yourself religious ?

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

CruelCoin wrote: »
    And that's perfectly ok. But note that unlike pretty much every other religion in history, we won't kill/maim you for your blasphemy.

Well you're still alive and un-maimed, and it seems like that whole spaghetti thing is by definition designed to mock and insult religions and the religious so I'll take what you're saying with a pinch of salt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Not a bit. The religion is a lot like having a penis thing summarises where I stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

Well you're still alive and un-maimed, and it seems like that whole spaghetti thing is by definition designed to mock and insult religions and the religious so I'll take what you're saying with a pinch of salt.

Not sure where you are getting the mockery from.

It's a question of logic (created to dispute the teaching of dogma as science in the classroom). Logic being, i can't disprove yours, neither can you disprove mine. Therefore, both deserve equal time in science class. Or, you could just give all the time to logical conjecture based on an overwhelming body of observable evidence, aka science.

Any reason you can give to claim my religion is "mocking" can also be said about yours, whichever that may be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Not sure where you are getting the mockery from.

It's a question of logic (created to dispute the teaching of dogma as science in the classroom). Logic being, i can't disprove yours, neither can you disprove mine. Therefore, both deserve equal time in science class. Or, you could just give all the time to logical conjecture based on an overwhelming body of observable evidence, aka science.

Any reason you can give to claim my religion is "mocking" can also be said about yours, whichever that may be.

The beauty of Pastafarianism... :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Joe prim

I like spaghetti but I don't believe it created the universe.

Hairy thick!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

The op said 'In history'. You may be aware of the odd crusade, inquisition and such in history.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭iusedtoknow

(You did of course say the prayer in a pirate accent, didn't you?)

Y'arr

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

Y'arr

May he bless you with dwarfism, holy as they are in his/her/its eyes

Advertisement