Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭RayCon

Blue Moon 355Ml €1.50 in Tesco until 29th April ...

304300.JPGBlue Moon 355Ml €1.50 in Tesco until 29th April ...[/SIZE][/B]

• Registered Users Posts: 23,798 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

jeez that blue moon was dear at 2.49 for a 355ml bottle

find that stuff disgusting but each to their own I guess
    didnt realise it was that dear though

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭MoMo1987

Anything worth stocking up on for the bank holiday weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭bargainbucket

MoMo1987 wrote: »
    Anything worth stocking up on for the bank holiday weekend?

+1 :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭93Cab

Lidl have Perlenbacher 500ml 6 packs for €4.99 on Saturday and Sunday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Nice deal on the Perlembacher alright ^^^^

Borring tesco have-

8 x 500ml cans Carling €9
    8 x 500ml cans Bulmers €12
    8 x 500ml cans Molson €12
    10 x 440ml cans Budweiser €12

More - http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/ProductBuylist/default.aspx?id=L00002538&icid=BBQ_drinks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,856 ✭✭✭dodzy

Them 440ml cans really p1ss me off:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,371 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

omicron wrote: »
    If this is right, then the actual cost of the 12.99 vodka is around €1.50?!
    Vodka is pretty cheap to make, in more enlightened countries where distillation is legal people would make top quality vodka for about €1 a bottle at home, including all electricity & ingredient costs, so big boys would have a better economy of scale. Though I am not including transport & bottle costs in that €1.
    Wait, so when I buy Tesco Rum (surprisingly good quality) for €11.69
    This is a decent rum, it has improved since years ago, it was not too bad then either, I would certainly take it over regular bacardi.
    dodzy wrote: »
    Them 440ml cans really p1ss me off:mad:
    I much prefer that size, as long as the price per ml is in line with the 500ml

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

rubadub wrote: »
    Vodka is pretty cheap to make, in more enlightened countries where distillation is legal people would make top quality vodka for about €1 a bottle at home, including all electricity & ingredient costs, so big boys would have a better economy of scale. Though I am not including transport & bottle costs in that €1.

This is a decent rum, it has improved since years ago, it was not too bad then either, I would certainly take it over regular bacardi.

I much prefer that size, as long as the price per ml is in line with the 500ml

Tesco Bourbon is also every bit as tasty as Jack Daniels or Jim Beam (providing you're mixing it with coke etc) Imo.

Old Samuel (iirc) is what you're looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭mcw92

Anyone know any deals on shoulders(35cl) of vodka.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

mcw92 wrote: »
    Anyone know any deals on shoulders(35cl) of vodka.

The supermarkets never seem to do deals on the shoulder. Normally just the 700ml or 1L bottles.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,371 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

The supermarkets never seem to do deals on the shoulder.
    They reduce the price the odd time, but its never particularly good value as its so much dearer per ml in the first place. Never understand why people go for them, esp when full price. I had a mate who used to reckon he would drink the full 700ml, or at least go over half, I was saying to just hold onto a 350ml bottle and fill it and stick the rest away.
    Smirnoff Red Label Vodka 35Cl
    Alcohol can only be delivered between 11am and 10pm Monday to Saturday.
    Alcohol can only be delivered between 1pm - 10pm on Sunday.
    Special OfferSAVE 3.29 Was 14.29 Now 11.00
    valid from 29/4/2014 until 20/5/2014

Thats not too bad I suppose, though I do not rate smirnoff red at all. The smirnoff red is 25.29 for a 700ml, in tesco that high price is usually an indication that a reduction is on the way soon. Legally they must have a price up for about 28 days before they can claim it is reduced, tesco always are at this trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭brendan86

Just seen lidl have offer this weekend on 6x500ml perlenbacher premium pill were 7.29 now 4.99.. great price and 1 my fav beers in the place shall be stocking up..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

brendan86 wrote: »
    Just seen lidl have offer this weekend on 6x500ml perlenbacher premium pill were 7.29 now 4.99.. great price and 1 my fav beers in the place shall be stocking up..

Someone posted that about 10 posts back:)

I might give it a try.

For that price, It be a crime not to.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭TingTong

Dunnes in Galway are doing 24 500ml Guinness cans at €30.00 (€1.25 a can). I paid for all my groceries and it was only when I was in the car that I realised that they had charged me full price 42.50 euro for them. Went back in with receipt and got my 12.50 back. When they scanned the bottom of the slab that they charged me the full price. They were supposed to scan 24 cans separately to get the discounted price. Watch for this if making a purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭vickers209

20 bottle box of bulmers/heineken is €17 from tomorrow in my local centra not sure if nationwide

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Pretty ****e deals overall. Consider that 2 years back I mean

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Pretty ****e deals overall. Consider that 2 years back I managed 24 cans of corrs for 20 quid. Would be lucky to do same for 36 these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭cathalj

TingTong wrote: »
    Dunnes in Galway are doing 24 500ml Guinness cans at €30.00 (€1.25 a can). I paid for all my groceries and it was only when I was in the car that I realised that they had charged me full price 42.50 euro for them. Went back in with receipt and got my 12.50 back. When they scanned the bottom of the slab that they charged me the full price. They were supposed to scan 24 cans separately to get the discounted price. Watch for this if making a purchase.

You should have gotten double the difference back (€25) , its Tesco policy for an over - charge , although strangely they never seem to remember this unless you bring it to their attention. Probably too late now, but for future reference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

cathalj wrote: »
    You should have gotten double the difference back (€25) , its Tesco policy for an over - charge , although strangely they never seem to remember this unless you bring it to their attention. Probably too late now, but for future reference.
    He said dunnes, not tesco

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭cathalj

deco nate wrote: »
    He said dunnes, not tesco

Sh#t , so he did. My mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

vickers209 wrote: »
    20 bottle box of bulmers/heineken is €17 from tomorrow in my local centra not sure if nationwide

Its advertised on the Centra website so it should be nationwide.

Bulmers bottles are 300ml, Heineken are 330.

Anyone ever tried this?

http://centra.ie/home/snacks/amsterl-radler-6-x-355ml

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭alexanderomahon

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Its advertised on the Centra website so it should be nationwide.

Bulmers bottles are 300ml, Heineken are 330.

Anyone ever tried this?

http://centra.ie/home/snacks/amsterl-radler-6-x-355ml

In Germany a Radler. Is a shandy. Radler means cyclist and the traditional is that on a cycle you don't stop for a coffee but a drink made of half beer and half lemonade. A Radler.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bagels

Looking for Brahma (a Brazilian lager) in Galway city and Tuam.

Would appreciate help please, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

bagels wrote: »

Can be hard to get alright. Try super valu, eurospar and o Brien's.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭bargainbucket

Booze doc saying dunnes have trays of bud for €30 can any one confirm 😜😜😜😜cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

TingTong wrote: »

shame it wasn't tesco.

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Can be hard to get alright. Try super valu, eurospar and o Brien's.

Thanks, I'll check them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭bidiots

bagels wrote: »

Lidl is your man

• Advertisement

bidiots wrote: »
    Lidl is your man

Unfortunately Lidl no longer stocks it but thanks anyway.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement