Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Joining Boards..

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

NoAlarms wrote: »
    Do I sound like a school kid? I wish..

What age were you in 1999 when I started lurking here before finally joining in 2002. Odds are you were a school kid. That's what I meant. I was Self depracating about how much of a boards old fart I am, as much as anything else :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Valetta

NoAlarms wrote: »
    I'm all about the wooden flooring

It's a fire hazard. And you with a lack of warning devices....

• Registered Users Posts: 35 NoAlarms

Calibos wrote: »
    What age were you in 1999 when I started lurking here before finally joining in 2002. Odds are you were a school kid. That's what I meant. I was Self depracating about how much of a boards old fart I am, as much as anything else :D

In 1999 I was well out of school, early twenties! I'm an old fart too..just very late in discovering that I can escape from reality to forums such as this!!

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Don't really know why I joined, but 12K posts later I am still here.

Boards is worse than Hotel California.

"you can log out any time you like, but you can never leave"

• Registered Users Posts: 35 NoAlarms

Valetta wrote: »
    It's a fire hazard. And you with a lack of warning devices....

Health and safety advice and all, thank you!

..Excuse me while I go over to section on alarm installation..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SadieSue

I like finding out people's favourite crisp flavour.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Depraved

I'm slightly pissed that I am not allowed to post in one of the most popular forums here until I have 50 posts. Not being allowed to post images, links is a pain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Depraved wrote: »
    I'm slightly pissed that I am not allowed to post in one of the most popular forums here until I have 50 posts. Not being allowed to post images, links is a pain.

I hear what you are saying. Well, just the "I'm slightly pissed" part.

I'm slightly pissed you see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

Boards was a calling for me. I'm an entity which exists only in AH. I'll soon transcend. I have many legions of adoring fans here....soon they will know my wrath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Refreshing threads like the issues on unemployment and social welfare. Not to mention the boards groupies, some wild times there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Joined back in my college days when forums used to be the social media. I just never left.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Joe prim

I like asking for Atari Jaguar to be included in polls, even though I don't know what a poll is .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

Make sure it complies with building regs part L.

Advertisement