Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What career pays well and is easily accessible

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

touts wrote: »
    Civil Service desk jobs don't seem too stressful, don't seem to need too many qualifications and are pretty well paid for what they do. Don't know how accessable they are though. You probably have to know someone in there to get a job.
    No you dont. Just do the ****ing exam. If you cant pass that dont resign your village idiot post.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

There are no entry requirements to an apprenticeship.

Not like you need 600 in the leaving and a diverse extra curricular activities portfolio.

4 years of low wages and voila.

Most jobs these days are 4 years of college min. In fact most graduates finding they need a masters by now
    Piano player in a brothel pays well

• Registered Users Posts: 20,393 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Retail store.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Nobelium

ToddyDoody wrote: »
    True. The real margin is in the flake.

and not cadbury's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

. . .

• Advertisement

• Night shift in a factory. **** work though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

ToddyDoody wrote: »
    True. The real margin is in the flake.

Thought it was in the drugs they sell :(

Ah no, the gardai would be well wise to that type of thing. Easy sting operation.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭vargoo

4 years of low wages and voila.

Decent from year 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭corcaigh1

Nobelium wrote: »
    you don't make it selling ice cream though . . .

Duncan Bannatyne had a venture selling ice cream...

• touts wrote: »
    Civil Service desk jobs don't seem too stressful, don't seem to need too many qualifications and are pretty well paid for what they do. Don't know how accessable they are though. You probably have to know someone in there to get a job.

Ah they get paid crap though, unless you are qualified

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,126 ✭✭✭screamer

Become a carer in nursing home. Lots of jobs, pays well. Couldn’t do it myself but know plenty of people who are making a decent living at it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

There's a lot to be said for construction jobs. Pay decent, keeps you fit if your willing to work and you have the end of day satisfaction of a job done well. Same can't be said for a lot of office jobs with deadlines and an always on mantra with phones and laptops.

I found office politics tedious. Working in construction now and spending evenings on my hobbies instead of worrying about project deliveries and happy out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    There's a lot to be said for construction jobs. Pay decent, keeps you fit if your willing to work and you have the end of day satisfaction of a job done well. Same can't be said for a lot of office jobs with deadlines and an always on mantra with phones and laptops.

I found office politics tedious. Working in construction now and spending evenings on my hobbies instead of worrying about project deliveries and happy out.

Problem in this country is the inevitable downturn. If like last time and capital spend halted completely you may make sure the mattress is well stuffed.

Make hay now anyway

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Nobelium

i went the opposite way, glad to get out of the years of dirty dangerous work in all weathers, travelling all the time, in an unregulated (in reality) industry full of unscrupulous cowboys, bluffers and gangsters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

A carer is a tough job. Long hours, not enough staff usually and take a lot of stress of the job home with you.
    screamer wrote: »
    Become a carer in nursing home. Lots of jobs, pays well. Couldn’t do it myself but know plenty of people who are making a decent living at it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Redpunto

Whoring, for women anyway:D:D:D

Yeah coz nobody would wanna touch u even if u paid them for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Problem in this country is the inevitable downturn. If like last time and capital spend halted completely you may make sure the mattress is well stuffed.

Make hay now anyway

I'm lucky enough my qualifications are Finance & Accounting and professional certs project related so that I can jump back into consulting in the global market when the inevitable downturn does come. But I do prefer the manual labour!

Tipped away filling a skip today after weeks of demolition and had the tunes on. Happy out :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,393 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

I'm lucky enough my qualifications are Finance & Accounting and professional certs project related so that I can jump back into consulting in the global market when the inevitable downturn does come. But I do prefer the manual labour!

Tipped away filling a skip today after weeks of demolition and had the tunes on. Happy out :-)

No bubble this time though,just a lack of housing and labour.
    Neither of which are being filled.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,781 ✭✭✭pgj2015

i worked on the buildings for a few years, then got a degree and an office job, hated it and quit very soon after. working on sites in ireland in winter is tough but id rather that than an office job any day.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Ahorseofaman

Edgware wrote: »
    Piano player in a brothel pays well

Are you kidding?350 euro for 4 nights?
    (They wanted 500 but I beat them down,no flies on me)
    ��

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭TCM

touts wrote:

Most people working above grade v have a degree.

Advertisement