Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Because I'm - All - Trumped - Out...

Options
  • 02-03-2017 10:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭

Those of a certain age hopefully heard the thread title in Alison Moyet's voice.

Anyway, I think I'll give up Trump for Lent. My first move is to stick to aljazeera for my news feed for the next month or so.

To paraphrase the tiny-handed oompa loompa himself, 'Who knew there was other stuff going on in the world?'.

More ideas to avoid TrumpleThinSkin please!

Comments

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Trump. Making lent great again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Giving up Trump.

Creates thread about Trump.

Trump wins again.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Urquell

Stay away from the Irish Times. He seems to be the headline on the mobile site most days, you would think we were American.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Your Face wrote: »
    Giving up Trump.

Creates thread about Trump.

Trump wins again.

I know! I'd eye-roll if I hadn't started the thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

I quite like Longreads but find I always save the articles for a 'later' that never comes. Changing that habit alone would help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Just give up news for Lent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Who?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Thomas__

sadie06 wrote: »
    Those of a certain age hopefully heard the thread title in Alison Moyet's voice.

Anyway, I think I'll give up Trump for Lent. My first move is to stick to aljazeera for my news feed for the next month or so.

To paraphrase the tiny-handed oompa loompa himself, 'Who knew there was ... going on in the world?'.

I try to avoid anything to do with him, but this is rather some daily ordeal because the media is full of reports about his lunatic policies, abhorrend attitude towards fellow humans, megalomania and all the sh1te he is talking. It really has something Orwellian these days that the media makes him omnipresent.
    Often, the headlines in the papers (online editions included) and the reports in the TV News are already enough to make me sick of this worst of the worse U.S. Presidents ever. But it is still good to notice that there is a growing resistance against him, within the USA and also outside. My hope, as feeble as it might seem, is that in a not too far future, this man will be impeached and the Americans get rid of their wonnabe dictator. The USA deserve better than this chaos administration, filled with people who have no clue at all about how to run a country and one after another seems to be a proved liar. Just recently, the new Attorney General was lying to Congress about his contacts to the Russian Ambassador during the election campaign.
    But make no mistakes, the worst of all of them his his advisor, Steve Bannon, the ultra far-right nutter who has even said that no matter what, he even would pact with the Devil in order to get power. That says it all about this man who has a glance like a lunatic himself when you look at his eyes in every picture. I trust that this man meant what he said, literally!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Noddyholder

Urquell wrote: »
    Stay away from the Irish Times. He seems to be the headline on the mobile site most days, you would think we were American.

And RTE, nothing going on in Ireland we need to know about....except Trumpington news

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭A Shaved Duck?

sadie06 wrote: »

To paraphrase the tiny-handed oompa loompa himself, 'Who knew there was other stuff going on in the world?'.

Weird this is almost like you lifted this idea straight from Newstalk last night...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

How about not starting Trump threads in AH when there is a long running Trump thread in the Politics Cafe :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement