Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French author, 50, says he's incapable of loving a woman of 50

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

DS86DS wrote: »
    It's basic evolutionary psychology that men want and prefer younger women. If he can amass a good lifestyle he will get young women clamouring to him.

All of this started with angry feminists who can't accept evolutionary fact and the things that make us human.
    Didn't dispute it. Indeed acknowledged it

What's with the derogatory comments towards women just for having the cheek to age though, fam?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,100 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

It's basic evolutionary psychology that men want and prefer younger women.

If it's evolution though, after all these years of it not happening for oul' lads, should it not be dying out? Like little toes and wisdom teeth?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭DS86DS

Didn't dispute it. Indeed acknowledged it

What's with the derogatory comments towards women just for having the cheek to age though, fam?

I don't have a problem with aging women. I just don't think it's anybody's business, including feminists if a man wants a young woman in her 20s with a nice chest, bum and skin....as opposed to an old sagging woman.

It's basic evolutionary biology and evolutionary psychology at work .

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I don't have a problem with aging women. I just don't think it's anybody's business, including feminists if a man wants a young woman in her 20s with a nice chest, bum and skin....as opposed to an old sagging woman.

It's basic evolutionary biology and evolutionary psychology at work .

I don't think the feminists give a sh1t to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

But some guys here have to make derogatory remarks about women for ageing or being middle-aged. I don't get what it does for them - don't they have mothers, grandmothers, aunties. Same lads tend to be the "muslims have a terrible attitude towards women" folks too. Crappy attitude towards women is terrible! (When it suits).

Well, if it's any consolation such posters do seem to be in the minority, if the Beautiful Women thread is anything to go by at least, as there's been a ton of women who are over 50 posted in that thread and can't recall any comments deriding a user for posting them.

On the contrary in fact as my two most thanked posts in that thread were women over 50: (1, 2) and at a guess I'd say the woman who has been posted the most has been Monica Bellucci, who is also 50+.

• Advertisement

Well, if it's any consolation such posters do seem to be in the minority, if the Beautiful Women thread is anything to go by at least, as there's been a ton of women who are over 50 posted in that thread and can't recall any comments deriding a user for posting them.

On the contrary in fact as my two most thanked posts in that thread were women over 50: (1, 2) and at a guess I'd say the woman who has been posted the most has been Monica Bellucci, who is also 50+.

Plastic surgery and photoshop aren't fooling anybody.

But if one has a thing for grandmother age women then that's their right too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

I'd say the woman who has been posted the most has been Monica Bellucci, who is also 50+.

Now she is HOT!

Her and Juliette Binoche.

Man. They are nice looking women.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Daisy78

He’s in fairly good nick for 50.

God no.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

I always proposed that when your wife turns 50 it is only fair and right that you trade her in for two 25 year olds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Hands up who's heard of Yann Moix before today?

Hands up who's heard of him now?

I'd say Monsiour Moix is feeling very pleased with his day's work.

This is not possible when one needs to post a response.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

Meh, he likes what he likes, let him at it. Never even heard of the guy until now

I do hate seeing "auld wan", "battleaxe" and such terms being bandied about though, getting older is a privilege, not a stick to beat others with

your no.1 Diane Lane was very sexy in the movie Unfaithful (she was about 37 then) but time has unfortunately caught up with her since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Mrsmum

It's really lucky for men of 50 that women of 50 like being with people of their own generation because most 25 year olds don't really want to date their dad's friends unless he is filthy rich and therefore has more to offer than conversation about olden days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

I believe nature fcuked up, we should really be born old and crinkley, then get progressively younger and healthier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭KevinCavan

There are women who prefer younger men and wouldn’t go out with their own age, nobody would be attack them. Demi Moore has gone out with at least one man half her age. Cheryl Cole (or whatever her surname is this week), clearly marries younger men. These women don’t rate the bodies of men their own age. But for a man to say he prefers a younger less saggy body is outrageous?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Daisy78 wrote: »
    God no.

I’d say he has the college going wans chasing all over him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 193 ✭✭Sonic Youth

Fully agree with him, not like I'm going to suddenly stop finding 20 year olds hot when I'm 50.

Also this shows what a protestant/puritanical thing feminism is. He'd never get away with saying that in Sweden or Britan or America.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,770 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Mrsmum wrote: »
    It's really lucky for men of 50 that women of 50 like being with people of their own generation because most 25 year olds don't really want to date their dad's friends unless he is filthy rich and therefore has more to offer than conversation about olden days.

Correct. More likely to meet some sorta Patricia Arquette from Dannamora prison break than some nubile 20 year old stunner.

KevinCavan wrote: »
    There are women who prefer younger men and wouldn’t go out with their own age, nobody would be attack them. Demi Moore has gone out with at least one man half her age. Cheryl Cole (or whatever her surname is this week), clearly marries younger men. These women don’t rate the bodies of men their own age. But for a man to say he prefers a younger less saggy body is outrageous?

It's feminist double standards.

Oh jeez I don't mind who men fancy - just no need for the derogatory language towards women for nothing other than not being young. An "auld one" automatically being a battleaxe or a bag or sagging or her boobs being prunes.

There's non stop bringing up feminists - to an obsessive degree. Forget feminists and consider women in general.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,074 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    Funny how people keep bringing up Trump and melania as an example of an older man with a hot way out of his league younger wife. Sure she's almost 50 herself. Suppose he'll be due an upgrade as soon as she hits the big 5-0 as she'll be consigned to the scrap heap immediately.

Nevermind Trump what about these lads...

la-et-entertainment-news-updates-mick-jagger-has-a-new-baby-his-8th-1481235688

image.jpg

bernie2--z.jpg

Rupert-Murdoch.jpg

Now what do all the lads have in common ?

Oh jeez I don't mind who men fancy - just no need for the derogatory language towards women for nothing other than not being young. An "auld one" automatically being a battleaxe or a bag or sagging or her boobs being prunes.

I agree but what I was saying was that in the Beautiful Women thread, which is touching almost 8000 posts at this stage, I don't think I ever seen any derogatory comments being made about older women and there were many opportunities for such given how often women over 50 were posted.

Anyway, seems this guy is getting a fair old scolding:
    It’s worth noting here that Moix is 50 himself, and is – how can we put this kindly – not exactly George Clooney in a Nespresso advert. As if on a mission to be as offensive as possible, he went on to clarify that he only dates Asian women, anyway.

Fortunately, for every misogynistic, ageist a**e of a man, there are plenty of hilarious women waiting to take him down a peg or two on the internet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭0cp71eyxkb94qf

Mrsmum wrote: »

Being a gold-digger= ok
    Liking younger women: grr sexism rabble rabble rabble

Being a gold-digger= ok
    Liking younger women: grr sexism rabble rabble rabble
    Not that she said that at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

2 things.

1. I think its definitely possible to love a woman over 50. Even I will be able to do that eventually, and I'm quite superficial. Theres more than physicality to life. At some point physicality can't be central anymore.

Thats the nice bit, done.

2. But I can't help but enjoy it when post-wall women finally get to understand how awkward young guys feel and get treated.

Having been a young man, like the majority I was treated by women more or less like a horrible smell/disease.

Attractive women generally treat young men on a 'you're total scum' first basis.

Well now its their turn to be left without the time of day.

(yes I said post wall, yes it makes me happy, yes most young guys, no I washed regularly)

I agree but what I was saying was that in the Beautiful Women thread, which is touching almost 8000 posts at this stage, I don't think I ever seen any derogatory comments being made about older women and there were many opportunities for such given how often women over 50 were posted.

Anyway, seems this guy is getting a fair old scolding:
    Cringe. Those kinda women are often as hilarious as a tooth pulling.

I get women being annoyed at derogatory comments re ageing (some of which comes from other women) but how insecure do you have to be to get so bothered by one random dude's personal preference. And of course it's ok to be insulting to him. Also I fail to see how his view is misogynistic.

greencap wrote: »
    2 things.

1. I think its definitely possible to love a woman over 50. Even I will be able to do that eventually, and I'm quite superficial. Theres more than physicality to life. At some point physicality can't be central anymore.

2. But I can't help but enjoy it when post-wall women finally get to understand how awkward young guys feel and get treated.

Having been a young man, like the majority I was treated by women more or less like a horrible smell/disease.

Attractive women generally treat young men on a 'you're total scum' first basis.

(yes I said post wall, yes it makes me happy, yes most young guys, no I washed regularly)

What's ironic is that a lot of the old biddies giving out about men on chatterbox shows who have successfully got a younger women, is that they probably turned him down when he was younger but were too drunk to remember it.

He's a man and he's happy with his life and his young partner, and because of this he is hated by feminists for it.

Also I fail to see how his view is misogynistic.

Yeah, would be like guys saying Jordan was being misandric here:

Or Kim here:

quote-i-prefer-younger-men-in-some-ways-they-are-much-more-open-to-a-woman-being-stronger-kim-cattrall-5-11-49.jpg

greencap wrote: »
    2 things.

What's ironic is that a lot of the old biddies giving out about men on chatterbox shows who have successfully got a younger women, is that they probably turned him down when he was younger but were too drunk to remember it.

He's a man and he's happy with his life and his young partner, and because of this he is hated by feminists for it.
    Ye sound as bad as the man haters. Pair of ye in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I wonder how many of these outraged feminists read chick lit novels where the story is older woman having an affair with a far, younger man? Lap it up in the thousands too.

Advertisement