Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,817 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Toasted ham , cheese and onion sandwich , with extra cheddar for that stringy, gooey deliciousness.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 MzMurfy

Beef vindaloo. Mild. Homemade and quite impressed at how melt in the mouth the beef was!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Toasted ham , cheese and onion sandwich , with extra cheddar for that stringy, gooey deliciousness.

Ya got me! I'd add sliced tomato for an old classic. And mustard.:D Hope you and yours are well Mam!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭accensi0n

Burger in a brioche roll with butter, ketchup, mayonnaise, burger sauce and mustard.

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Ya got me! I'd add sliced tomato for an old classic. And mustard.:D Hope you and yours are well Mam!

Never thought of the tomatoes G , and mustard , let's just say thats one thing I never buy !
    All good here Thank you , hope the family G are all good too ?

• Advertisement

Never thought of the tomatoes G , and mustard , let's just say thats one thing I never buy !

All good. Working out the School dilemma.:eek:

Oh dinner tonight is steak, fried onions, garden peas, mash and gravy/

• Registered Users Posts: 22,220 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Minstrels :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

I love the Lakeshore Irish mustard (like the English yellow strong mustard).

Mackerel (canned from tesco) and noodles for me, green pepper with Lee Kum Kee chilli and garlic sauce (love that stuff).

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Sausage and bacon butty at some very early hour..with honey of course. Home made no-bake date flapjack later..

Subway steak and cheese, haven’t had one in months and it was divine :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭jellybear

Krispy Kremes :D

Lager.

That is all for now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Alejandro68

Homemade mushroom soup and brown bread.Could have used a little more pepper I think but it was tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Sirloin, mash, mushrooms, peas and peppercorn sauce with a cold can of Bulmers.

Herself was in Cork yesterday and brought back our usual menu choice from a different establishment, I was so happy when herself and the youngfella said afterwards it wasn't up to standard.

Tung Sing Ballincollig, never again.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

A takeaway.

Hot beef dish, fried rice and chips. Some left over for tomorrow!:D

Spaghetti carbonara :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,405 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Just made the best pancakes of my life! :D yessssssss!

:/ but my stomach decided to revolt, so now I can't eat them. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

Deja Boo wrote: »
    Just made the best pancakes of my life! :D yessssssss!

:/ but my stomach decided to revolt, so now I can't eat them. :mad:

That's actually so unfair :pac:

Strawberry Petit Filous.

It's all about the cheese :D

Mam of 4 - been a while - great to see you're all doing well! xxx :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Going to have lovely bit of fish with chips and veg for this evening's dinner.

Chicken, smeared with honey and wholegrain mustard and roasted with roast potatoes, mash, carrots and gravy made from the juices.

Oh yeah, taste of more off it.

Accompanied by a cold beverage made from the juices of 17 different apple varieties.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Chicken, smeared with honey and wholegrain mustard and roasted with roast potatoes, mash, carrots and gravy made from the juices.

Oh yeah, taste of more off it.

Accompanied by a cold beverage made from the juices of 17 different apple varieties.

Just took a loin of pork out of the freezer for tomorrow. This evening it was hotdogs and fries for the ladies in my life. I'm gonna have the leftovers from last nights takeaway. Always just as good the next night. Fresh chips though.:D

Lazy but delicious dinner tonight, chicken breasts stuffed with garlic butter, gratin potatoes and mashed potatoes, mixed frozen veg ,pints of cold milk for the troops and sauvignon blanc for the cook. The chicken and gratin were in trays from the butchers so just put straight into the oven, in fairness I did peel the spuds myself for the mash.☺️ Aldi mint icecream for dessert ( the more expensive one ,its delicious and still under 2e).Chocolate muffin for myself as I'm not a huge icecream fan.

Lazy but delicious dinner tonight, chicken breasts stuffed with garlic butter, gratin potatoes and mashed potatoes, mixed frozen veg ,pints of cold milk for the troops and sauvignon blanc for the cook. The chicken and gratin were in trays from the butchers so just put straight into the oven, in fairness I did peel the spuds myself for the mash.☺️ Aldi mint icecream for dessert ( the more expensive one ,its delicious and still under 2e).Chocolate muffin for myself as I'm not a huge icecream fan.

That sounds like the dogs liathróidí.

Mam of 4 - been a while - great to see you're all doing well! xxx :)

Good to see you Jenna , hope all is good with you ?
    Hope you have some camembert to enjoy :)

Fish , chips , coleslaw and egg mayonnaise now .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,489 ✭✭✭VW 1

Lovely dinner this evening. Home made sausage rolls, but huge ones.

Finely diced onion and mushrooms, fried gently in a bit of butter and oil until very soft. Into a bowl to cool, half a grated carrot, 500g of sausage meat and four tablespoons of chilli jam all mixed together. Roll of puff pastry cut in half and both rolled out thinly. Half the sausage mix in each and into the oven for 30 mins. Chilli jam on the side along with wedges. think I need a beer after all that!!

Would love a freshly baked sausage roll right now!

I've become so lazy. Just picked up some ready made mash from tesco along with beef burgers. I'll fry some onions and garlic as well and... Baked beans.

If only I were married to a chef (oh wait, I am :))

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Would love a freshly baked sausage roll right now!

I've become so lazy. Just picked up some ready made mash from tesco along with beef burgers. I'll fry some onions and garlic as well and... Baked beans.

If only I were married to a chef (oh wait, I am :))

While I'm the cook here, that is actually a nice homemade meal that I have often done just for myself. Quick enough and easy. As for the other half being a chef...they will probably prefer a McDonalds.:D A Chef friend of mine only cooks a roast meal once a week that he enjoys himself. My downfall is that when I cook, I put so much effort into it that I run out of an appetite for it every once in a while. Hence a rare meal tonight that is a reheat of last nights takeaway. Far better than starting anything from scratch. Just not in the groove!

• Advertisement

Yeah, I seem far more into the idea of food than my OH chef is, but isn't that understandable when all you do everyday is cook food for someone!

I guess there are benefits in cooking for one, great freedom, but I tend to live on quick picnic type food rather than full dinners.

As I said, pure lazy.

Advertisement