Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Slimming Word v Weight watchers v Unislim

Options
  • 20-09-2015 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering what people are finding easiest at the moment. I currently have about 4 stone to lose and am definitely joining one of these groups this week. Problem is which one!!!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Personally I prefer unislim over weightwatchers. I've never used slimming world.
    But to be brutally honest any plan will work as long as you eat at a calorie deficit and exercise more.
    Eat less move more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Lisha wrote: »
    Eat less move more.

Oh no not again :eek: :eek:

*OP she speaks sense

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Sorry never finished first post.
    What I like about unislim is that it made me rethink (drastically refuce) portion size and to reduce my carb intake.
    I find the current plan easy to follow and sensible. It has copped on a bit about no fat is the way to go. No/low fat foods are laced with sugar instead. Excess sugar converts to fat. So high sugar is the enemy. Some fats are ok, especially as they make you feel full.

Some people can do it alone but I can't. I wish I could but I need the weigh in and support.

Best of luck op. Every time you make better choices makes weight loss achievable. After a while it become how you live.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,221 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

You've really come to the right place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

all you need to do is about 10 fork put-downs per day

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

there's WW and SW megathreads in here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=982

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Paramite Pie

^^Yes, sugar is the main culprit not fat content itself. Avoid the low fat versions of convenience foods, including many yogurts. Compare the sugar content of products marked "low fat" to the regular product.

You'll be surprised.

Low fat natural yogurts & milk are generally OK. But if it's less filling and you end up drinking two glasses of low fat milk then it's not only worse fat wise -- you've also taking in double the lactose which is a type of sugar. Use your own judgement.

I wouldn't recommend the WW products. I don't know if they're high in sugar or not. I'd be concerned.

Advertisement