Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Farting in front of your significant other

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Joe prim

Old music hall joke: "Sir, how dare you fart in front of my wife?" "Oh, I'm awfully sorry, I didn't realise it was her turn" (Applause and general hilarity ensues)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

hairyslug wrote: »
    I had a pizza the night before my birthday not knowing that my wife had booked me in for a Swedish massage the next day. Pizza gives me terrible bloating and gas. For the hour of the massage, I've never clenched so hard.

Reminds me of the time I was visiting a close friend and his new lady. She struck me as a woman who wouldn't appreciate the more base side of humanity. So I had to hold in gas for the entire evening. I was never as happy to see a session finish up and by that stage, I had really painful cramps with all the trapped wind. By the time I finally got it out, I must have blew for about 30 seconds and it sounded like a cross between a dirt bike and a banshee. I had before nor since, experienced such relief.

Anyway the reason why I mentioned it sounded like a Banshee was. The next morning down at breakfast, herself asked me did I believe in a spirit world and stuff like that. When I inquired as to what perked her interest, she said she heard this terrible wail when when was in the en-suite and the wail seemed to last forever. She seemed really freaked out by it. Yes, the unearthly wail she heard was from the massive fart I made in the adjoining main bathroom. And my momentary sense of embarrassment, was quickly suppressed by feelings of immense pride.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

A lot of clenching goes on in the office as any bloke in the gents can testify to. There you are in the cubicle when a colleague walks in and the first thing you hear is the distress in his tones followed by a long airy fart and an 'awwwwww'.

As for farting in front of your partner I think it's ok after a good chunk of time together.

Advertisement