Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teen arrested and charged as an adult for having naked photos on his phone.. Of himse

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭Sergei Malatov

Wow. What a self-absorbed society we live in.

I actually used to laugh when I read American Psycho because of the biting satire.

Now it's not so funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Brian from Bray

It's bible belt territory so I'm not surprised. Most southern states in America seem to be stuck in the stone age.

The closet homosexual homophobic pastor is as common in that part of America as the pedophile priest over here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Valetta

The closet homosexual homophobic pastor is as common in that part of America as the pedophile priest over here.

Bit of a biased generalization there .

How common, exactly do you think paedophile priests are here?

Not very common at all.

But a very damning minority in those subsets all the same.

• Advertisement

Not very common at all.

I've honestly no idea what your post means.

What's a "damning minority"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Brian from Bray

Ted Haggard instantly springs to mind.

Not very common at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭FortySeven

That is one of the most retarded applications of law I have ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

Valetta wrote: »

Considering Sergei's last thread was about admiring underage girls arses (that was rightly closed) I wouldn't expect much of a reply tbh.

• Advertisement

Valetta wrote: »

A minority in terms of country population. Less of a minority in terms of the priesthood.

You don't think pedophilia is damning?

timthumbni wrote: »
    Considering Sergei's last thread was about admiring underage girls arses (that was rightly closed) I wouldn't expect much of a reply tbh.

Troll on.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

STOCKTON, Calif. (KCRA) —Earlier this year, a Stockton student was handcuffed with zip ties on his hands and feet, forced to go to the hospital for a psychiatric evaluation and was charged with battery on a police officer. That student was 5 years old.
    http://www.kcra.com/5-Year-Old-Handcuffed-Charged-With-Battery-On-Officer/12648852
    In it, the officer, Lt. Frank Gordo, says he placed his hand on Michael's and, "the boy pushed my hand away in a batting motion, pushed papers off the table, and kicked me in the right knee."
    If I had a kid that's what i'd want him to do, in fairness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

He also had a picture of his 16 year old girlfriend which he was charged with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Whitewinged

Thats mad. What kind of message is this sending to the boy involved? And also what effect is this going to have on him. He's a victim of the system.

Troll on.

That thread was a bit disgusting, don't you agree Sergei???

He also had a picture of his 16 year old girlfriend which he was charged with.

Please don't say that in front of Sergei......

timthumbni wrote: »
    That thread was a bit disgusting, don't you agree Sergei???

You're the one who keeps thinking about it!

Thats mad. What kind of message is this sending to the boy involved? And also what effect is this going to have on him. He's a victim of the system.

He's not a victim.

Distribution of pictures of underage girls is a serious problem with serious repercussions.

Someone needs to be made an example of.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,407 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

He's not a victim.

Distribution of pictures of underage girls is a serious problem with serious repercussions.

Yeah the person that distributes pictures of underage girls.

• Advertisement

kneemos wrote: »
    Yeah the person that distributes pictures of underage girls.

Like the individual in the story.

You don't think it's a problem when boys resend pictures of naked underage girls to their friends?

Ever hear of Steubenville?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,407 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

You don't think it's a problem when boys resend pictures of naked underage girls to their friends?

He didn't send pictures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭FortySeven

Did you read the article?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 therabbittest

This is a perfect example of being strict on the letter of the law, while not giving a crap about the spirit of the law.

Absolutely farcical

• Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Could be worse. If the youngfella was having an oul' pedal he'd be a rapist, Ted. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

While US bashing is of course splendid fun it would be interesting to compare the situation to here in Ireland. It's my understanding (I'm open to correction of course) that at least on paper the law here with regard to pictures of minors would be fairly similar. Whether in practice this would actually lead to prosecutions of juveniles is another matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 therabbittest

Custardpi wrote: »
    While US bashing is of course splendid fun it would be interesting to compare the situation to here in Ireland. It's my understanding (I'm open to correction of course) that at least on paper the law here with regard to pictures of minors would be fairly similar. Whether in practice this would actually lead to prosecutions of juveniles is another matter.

Only if people are silly enough to ignore the spirit of the law, due to slavish devotion to the letter of the law

He's not a victim.

Ah.

Perfect example of someone that didn't read the article.

Great.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 652 ✭✭✭DanielODonnell

I have a specific album on my phone for saved facebook photos of pretty ladies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

That is completely bonkers. I don't know if there's even a reasonable discussion to be had about it through the spluttering. I have a feeling it's not the first time it has happened either.

If the letter of the law says that taking naked pictures of yourself is illegal as a sex crime then...they really, really need to rewrite that law.

Splutter.

Advertisement