Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The North Face sale

• 20-01-2021 1:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 32

https://www.thenorthface.ie/sale.html

Might interest someone. Looks like 30%-40% discount on sale items. With free standard delivery.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

I still have the Gotham jacket I picked up thanks to a Boards BA in 2013

€130 then but €280 now

Boo etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

not sure about some of those sale prices.
    paid 200 for the zaneck about a year ago. not on sale if I recall, 210 here on sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

Yamanoto wrote: »

€130 then but €280 now

Boo etc

I think I got my NF Mules on the same sale. Wear them every day around the house. But they are beginning to wear away unfortunately :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Buck

Any idea if these will be shipped from UK or from Ireland. Don't wat to pay for the item and then have to pay customs/duties etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,634 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Buck wrote: »
    Any idea if these will be shipped from UK or from Ireland. Don't wat to pay for the item and then have to pay customs/duties etc.

Says all goods shipped from Belgium in FAQ
    https://www.thenorthface.ie/help/faq/delivery.html

• Advertisement

Brand totally ruined by the so many skangers wearing it IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭basill

not sure about some of those sale prices. paid 200 for the zaneck about a year ago. not on sale if I recall, 210 here on sale?

"Sale" in name only.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

I wouldn't pay all that money just to dress like a junkie does.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 284 ✭✭DraftDodger

52 euro for a beanie hat and that's the sale price. Think I'll leave it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,797 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Augeo wrote: »

so you wouldnt wear their gear because others do?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,617 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Wanderer78 wrote: »

Way back I didn't wear their gear as I thought it was overpriced for what it was and thought it was drab, colourless stuff grand for doing stuff I didn't do (wandering around outside in the cold).

Since NorthFace gear has become a uniform for skangers, wannabe skangers and scrotes across UK & Ireland I'd not be seen dead in it.

I have a duck down jacket (not NorthFace) that I wear a handful of times a year when it's cold enough to need it so I'm not in the market for anything in their range that's functional either. But I wouldn't consider anything from them as an option.

I have a few pairs of AirMax which skangers are also fond of but I tend not to buy the ones that skangers are into, taste etc is a great guide IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

€130 then but €280 now

Boo etc

Feck

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

its more a case people will have preconceptions of you

Way back I didn't wear their gear as I thought it was overpriced for what it was and thought it was drab, colourless stuff grand for doing stuff I didn't do (wandering around outside in the cold).

Since NorthFace gear has become a uniform for skangers, wannabe skangers and scrotes across UK & Ireland I'd not be seen dead in it.

hahaha, no worries, weird opinion, but shur there yea go, i think they make very good gear, very comfortable, but i will agree, overpriced, but most clothes are, those poor Chinese kids that make out clothes

was unaware of north faces own gore-tex brand, futurelight, any experience with this on the mountains, is it as good as gore-tex?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭flanzer

€130 then but €280 now

Boo etc

Yowza! Now that's a bargain

.......weird opinion..........

Fairly mainstream view nowadays amongst non skangers IMO :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭you2008

but most clothes are, those poor Chinese kids that make out clothes

What planet are you living in ?:eek:

Fairly mainstream view nowadays amongst non skangers IMO :pac:

na disagree there, id say most of my outdoor friends would class north face as a very good brand, but they are way over priced, i certainly wouldnt be paying full price anyway

I have a duck down jacket (not NorthFace) that I wear a handful of times a year when it's cold enough to need it so I'm not in the market for anything in their range that's functional either. But I wouldn't consider anything from them as an option.

I have a few pairs of AirMax which skangers are also fond of but I tend not to buy the ones that skangers are into, taste etc is a great guide IMO.

Personally I've no issue wearing NF v stylish, my son wears one and he's no skanger, but a 6,th year leaving cert student from Bishopstown is and aims to become a secondary teacher starting in ucc after the summer with the school help of God

• Advertisement

na disagree there, id say most of my outdoor friends would class north face as a very good brand, but they are way over priced, i certainly wouldnt be paying full price anyway

It's grand for outdoors folk IMO, much like HH gear...... I'd not wear that casually in a fit either as it's worn by a load of knobs. Grand on a boat though.
    Personally I've no issue wearing NF v stylish, my son wears one and he's no skanger, but a 6,th year leaving cert student from Bishopstown is and aims to become a secondary teacher starting in ucc after the summer with the school help of God

I'm speaking as an adult :) I don't really want to dress like a teenager.
    I went to school in Bishopstown, plenty wannabe skangers there iirc :pac:
    Best of luck to him with his teaching career.

I'm fully aware there are folk other than skangers, wannabe skangers and outdoorsy folk who wear NF but as I said, IMO the brand has been ruined.

Example.......... ross%20kemp%20on%20gangs.jpg

It's grand for outdoors folk IMO, much like HH gear...... I'd not wear that casually in a fit either as it's worn by a load of knobs. Grand on a boat though.

i wear it casually, im growing very fond of that tracksuit tucked into the socks look

I'm speaking as an adult :) I don't really want to dress like a teenager.
    I went to school in Bishopstown, plenty wannabe skangers there iirc :pac:
    Best of luck to him with his teaching career.

I'm fully aware there are folk other than skangers, wannabe skangers and outdoorsy folk who wear NF but as I said, IMO the brand has been ruined.

No skangers in Spioraid Naoimh, course I'm vvv biased as an ex student

No skangers in Spioraid Naoimh, course I'm vvv biased as an ex student

lol, I went there myself ..... plenty wannabes who thought they were connected as their friends' brother's cousin was a bit of a name in Kenley selling daz :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,280 ✭✭✭positron

Skangers / people with dodgy money are often the first to buy expensive branded stuff.

I would love a nice Patagonia jacket myself (not that I can afford one) - but what if it become fashionable with the wrong group... :)

€130 then but €280 now

Boo etc
    8 years wear from a jacket @ €16.25 per year........I'm amazed at how someone could call them overpriced when its costing them €1.35 a month (so far, I presume it's still going strong?)

If you paid €280 for a new one and got another 8 years out of it it still works out at less than €35 quid (€3 per month!).
    I'd not be seen dead in it.

I don't wear their stuff for the "brand". I wear it because it is usually top drawer in terms of quality and lasts forever. I have 3 jackets over 12 years old, still nothing worn with them. I even have a pair of gloves I got in NYC in 2010 that have very little signs of wear plus a schoolbag from that same trip which I've used everyday since and is brand new, bar a few cosmetic marks on the outside.

I couldn't give a fiddlers who's wearing it or how others might judge me based on appearance. That's their own issue, and they can keep it AFAIC. I'd rather not lump everyone into the one category, judging them as one homogeneous grouping based on something arbitrary like their taste in jackets. I prefer to judge people independently, on their own merit, based on things like their propensity to wander into BA threads and tell everyone they'll look like a junkie if they buy something.

But that's just me.

I don't wear their stuff for the "brand". I wear it because it is usually top drawer in terms of quality and lasts forever. I have 3 jackets over 12 years old, still nothing worn with them. I even have a pair of gloves I got in NYC in 2010 that have very little signs of wear plus a schoolbag from that same trip which I've used everyday since and is brand new, bar a few cosmetic marks on the outside.

I couldn't give a fiddlers who's wearing it or how others might judge me based on appearance. That's their own issue, and they can keep it AFAIC. I'd rather not lump everyone into the one category, judging them as one homogeneous grouping based on something arbitrary like their taste in jackets. I prefer to judge people independently, on their own merit, based on things like their propensity to wander into BA threads and tell everyone they'll look like a junkie if they buy something.

But that's just me.

Right, I'm not really bothered what some lad with a schoolbag in hand for the last 10 years thinks of my views tbh :pac:

Especially if he's clad in NorthFace gear :p

lol, I went there myself ..... plenty wannabes who thought they were connected as their friends' brother's cousin was a bit of a name in Kenley selling daz :pac:

Not

Not being snobbish but I'm talking original Bishopstown, uam var etc, others are Togher or norrie blow ins,, but on the other hand a prick from Highfield I went there with ended up dealing in the late 70 s

I hear ya
    340?cb=20110519214122

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

well this BA thread has been ruined by non-BA related chat.

Advertisement