Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

YouTube Premium thread SEE OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

feelings wrote: »
    This is important if you're setting it up. Got to have members added (and invitations accepted) before you do the vpn trick.

Nope, I just logged into my own YouTube account, activated Hola for India in Chrome and then subscribed to Premium (first month free). Added all my family members afterwards, no bother.

I had been using Vanced on my phone but that doesn't work on any TV, tablet, PC, laptop, etc. €2 p.m. is a steal for 6 heavy YouTube users.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭paska

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    189 rupees for me or about 2.10 Euro

It's actually 2.14 euro. Paid today:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭jakdublin

Nice one lads. Forgot about all my uploaded music on Google Play, which is about to expire shortly I think. Just transferring all those long lost albums over to YouTube now. Working out about €1.45 a month for the single account.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

Mecrab wrote: »
    Surfing from India using NORDVPN and the YouTube premium sign up page is displaying the price in AED which I googled and is the currency of United Arab Emirates? This happening to anyone else? It works out to 5 euro a month when converted so not quite as good as rupees..

Nord doing the same for me, Hola worked fine for me.
    Single user sub, I got 4 months free and 129 rupees per month from May onwards (€1.44 approx)
    Can't complain about that. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭psicic

Beersmith wrote: »
    So you just have to wait until premium ran out before resigning up yes?

Nope.

Cancelled my full-price Youtube premium around lunchtime yesterday. The cancellation took a few minutes to process.

When it had gone through, it said I still had member benefits up to 17th Jan - not sure if it's a standard thing that you get 5 days added on or whether that was my actual renewal date.

Either way, I had decided not to wait for this to expire, and signed up to the family pack at Indian prices around 7pm yesterday. Wanted to go with family-style premium so I could add family members, but I did seem to have the option to join the solo-premium. (I thought I clicked into it out of interest, but am not sure now... I think there was a rejoin button as well that I didn't click)

Sign up went through with no problems, and have had a celebratory night of watching tonnes of Youtube.

(I've been paying premium since the days of Youtube Red - but given the changes since then on what comes with Premium, this is a much fairer price that makes it worthwhile to keep on. And just in case anyone was wondering in relation to Youtube, I was being suggested tonnes of India-based videos on Youtube in November/December, but not one Indian recommendation in the last 4 hours of Youtubing! So unlike some of the other streaming services, the location you sign up at has a limited effect on my recommendations. Someday I hope Deezer stops recommending me Turkish dance music!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭nephster

MayoForSam wrote: »
    Nope, I just logged into my own YouTube account, activated Hola for India in Chrome and then subscribed to Premium (first month free). Added all my family members afterwards, no bother.

I had been using Vanced on my phone but that doesn't work on any TV, tablet, PC, laptop, etc. €2 p.m. is a steal for 6 heavy YouTube users.

Just to check, have those family members accepted the invitations yet?
    I can *invite* people no bother, but when you get to the very end stage, it doesn't allow it, saying you are in a different country to the family manager. Thankfully, I don't need to add anyone else for real.

It might be it works for some people and not for others, but you won't know until you try, will you? So safest to set up the Family first, if possible. I certainly can't add anyone else (unless they go through a VPN rigmarole and set themselves up as being in the same payment country as me with a foreign address).

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭DM1983

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Or for Android, Youtube Vanced

Such a good tip. Thanks a million. What else am I missing out on? Have Netflix through Turkey. Spotify solution?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,392 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

DM1983 wrote: »
    Such a good tip. Thanks a million. What else am I missing out on? Have Netflix through Turkey. Spotify solution?

Tidal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

nephster wrote: »
    Just to check, have those family members accepted the invitations yet?
    I can *invite* people no bother, but when you get to the very end stage, it doesn't allow it, saying you are in a different country to the family manager. Thankfully, I don't need to add anyone else for real.

It might be it works for some people and not for others, but you won't know until you try, will you? So safest to set up the Family first, if possible. I cettainly can't add anyone else (unless they go through a VPN rigmarole and set themselves up as being in the same payment country as me with a foreign address).

Yes, everyone signed up, no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Irish Kev

I had to change the country of one user(herself) and had to remove the payment type that was linked to that account.

Once done it worked

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

TheDriver wrote: »
    Tidal

Tidal free? All I can see is the same subscription type prices as Spotify

Nigzcurran wrote: »
    Tidal free? All I can see is the same subscription type prices as Spotify

Turkey, family is about 2 euro for 6 accounts per month.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

TheDriver wrote: »
    Turkey, family is about 2 euro for 6 accounts per month.

Cheers and it’s easy enough to do? Presume it’s similar to the instructions for this you tube one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭branners69

Mecrab wrote: »
    Surfing from India using NORDVPN and the YouTube premium sign up page is displaying the price in AED which I googled and is the currency of United Arab Emirates? This happening to anyone else? It works out to 5 euro a month when converted so not quite as good as rupees..

On Nord select India #102, that will give you the correct currency!

Nigzcurran wrote: »
    Cheers and it’s easy enough to do? Presume it’s similar to the instructions for this you tube one

Yes

branners69 wrote: »
    On Nord select India #102, that will give you the correct currency!

Great info m8, would have saved me the hassle of installing/uninstalling Hola last night, if I had known.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

I know a few a mentioned a few vpn but what would be a good/safe one? They could all be safe just not sure

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Fol20

Hey guys, i signed up to hola vpn and they debited money from my account. I thought they would have taken the money at the end of the 30 day trial. I have already submitted a refund request. How long did it take to get the refund?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

Hococop wrote: »
    I know a few a mentioned a few vpn but what would be a good/safe one? They could all be safe just not sure
    I use keepsolid which I got for $15 for a lifetime sub thanks to bargain alerts!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Is it possible to pay yearly or does it have to be recurring?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

Want to do this for individual YouTube Premium account.

I don't have a VPN. Can I use free Hola account? Or do I need to sub to Hola, then cancel afterwards? Or is there an easier/better VPN to use?

leck wrote: »
    Want to do this for individual YouTube Premium account.

I don't have a VPN. Can I use free Hola account? Or do I need to sub to Hola, then cancel afterwards? Or is there an easier/better VPN to use?

see post 25 on this thread m8, it's all there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,733 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Sorted:D
    Now that I'm Indian it's time to get a job in a call centre:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

Is there any risk to this? e.g. is this against Google's T&C's?? I wouldn't be able to survive if I lost access to my Gmail account!! Did you all just set up burner google accounts?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Ste05 wrote: »
    Is there any risk to this? e.g. is this against Google's T&C's?? I wouldn't be able to survive if I lost access to my Gmail account!! Did you all just set up burner google accounts?

I've been a member since November 2019 paying in Indian ruppees on my primary Google account, it never even crossed my mind that they could or would do anything like that, they're getting your money either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,733 ✭✭✭CoBo55

I just used my everyday email address.

Most probably against T&Cs and worse that will ever happen is a stern email, if ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,718 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I used google play music then it switched to youtube music @ €9.99 per month so this would be a massive saving by signing up to India or Turkey.

Can I transfer over the playlists I built up to the new youtube account.

Any help appreciated.
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 461 ✭✭TetraSonic55

I have a spare space in my family, if anyone wants in, PM me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,718 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Does premium youtube also come with youtube music?

Or is two different subs?

Advertisement