Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Booze deals [Megathread #2]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,843 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

SteM wrote: »
    Any idea how much this is?

Think it is 35e for Great oaks

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

SteM wrote: »
    Any idea how much this is?

€30 I think it was.

Edit.. someone else just post €35.

Might have been that or maybe I got it on offer at €30.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭sully123

okidoki987 wrote: »
    That would be easy enough to bypass by getting a few new club cards and registering them in different names.

Santos L. Halper

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭sceach16

Dunnes have an offer of 20% off their best selling wines. They do not identify them and , as a result, wines with 20% off are sitting next to wines at full price.

I was overcharged (20%) on a number of their regular best selling wines because of their misleading signage.

I know that theoretically I should check every price before I buy but life is a bit short for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,615 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

sceach16 wrote: »
    Dunnes have an offer of 20% off their best selling wines. They do not identify them and , as a result, wines with 20% off are sitting next to wines at full price.

I was overcharged (20%) on a number of their regular best selling wines because of their misleading signage.

I know that theoretically I should check every price before I buy but life is a bit short for this.

Pity they don't do "double the difference".

• Advertisement

Minimum Pricing getting a bashing by ROI retailers.

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2021/0428/1212488-retailers-alcohol/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,913 ✭✭✭dodzy

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Minimum Pricing getting a bashing by ROI retailers.

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2021/0428/1212488-retailers-alcohol/

AAI arseholes dramatizing again.....

""If Ireland is to make progress in addressing its chronic alcohol-related public health crisis that is directly killing three people a day and indirectly seven, we simply have to ensure that less alcohol is purchased," it stated."

Not my problem. Leave my cheap slabs alone FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,109 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Tesco had this evening Carlsberg 20 x 300ml bottles for €12 with your clubcard, €17 without.

They also had Bailey's 700ml bottle for €9 with your clubcard, €21 without. There was a two per customer quota if you were using your clubcard.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

bazz26 wrote: »
    Tesco had this evening Carlsberg 20 x 300ml bottles for €12 with your clubcard, €17 without.

They also had Bailey's 700ml bottle for €9 with your clubcard, €21 without. There was a two per customer quota if you were using your clubcard.

If I buy two, can I go back in with sane clubcard for another 2 or does the clubcard recognise the quote

• Registered Users Posts: 81,111 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

TheDriver wrote: »
    If I buy two, can I go back in with sane clubcard for another 2 or does the clubcard recognise the quote
    I doubt it's smart enough to recognise the multiple buys, can someone check tomorrow :D?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,109 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

TheDriver wrote: »

No idea but I only bought 2 boxes of Carlsberg and 2 bottles of Baileys in the one transaction. I could not see how doing the same again via a different transaction would be prohibitive of the offer if customer quotas are the same as previously.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭skywalker_208

Heineken Cans 24X500ml on tesco.ie are showing as €24 but priced in store and scanning as €28 for some reason. Still a good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭John Horgan

Anyone know how that clubcard offer for Carlsberg works if you're ordering online?

I have an order for tomorrow but it looks as if it's charging full price

• Registered Users Posts: 81,111 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Heineken Cans 24X500ml on tesco.ie are showing as €24 but priced in store and scanning as €28 for some reason. Still a good price.

I got some on Monday they were displayed and scanned at €24. Deal supposed to be on until Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭mel123

Missed the slabs of coors light in Tesco for €24, anyone seen anywhere do the same offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

Any decent Guinness slab deals agoing???

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭tallaghtfornia

FLOOPER wrote: »

Best I have seen is S/V €19 for 15 * 500ml cans
    Got two boxes yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

FLOOPER wrote: »

15 cans for €20 in some Tescos but I was holding out hoping for some slabs for the bank holiday weekend and because it's our last chance for cheap booze

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

casio4 wrote: »
    15 cans for €20 in some Tescos but I was holding out hoping for some slabs for the bank holiday weekend and because it's our last chance for cheap booze

24 cans Guinness for €30 according to Tesco online.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,000 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Anyone know how that clubcard offer for Carlsberg works if you're ordering online?

I have an order for tomorrow but it looks as if it's charging full price

All the discounted items show at the full price, all the 3 for €5 etc so same with clubcard deals. The discount comes off on the day. I'm the same re Carlsberg for tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Is the Baileys and Carlsberg offer still on today?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,856 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Hoboo wrote: »
    That's good, might decrease the amount of 4.99 bottles of pi$$ people are drinking.

No, the 4.99 bottle of battery acid will now cost 7.99. The 7.99 decent bottle will now cost at least 9.99 - to make a beer analogy, if Dutch Gold goes up why would you sell Heineken* at the same price as Dutch Gold?

* Heineken is just píss, but it's píss with notions

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,000 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Seve OB wrote: »
    Is the Baileys and Carlsberg offer still on today?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭93Cab

Just back from local Dunnes ( Dundalk) Slabs of Bud and Heineken €24, lots of stock !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

No, the 4.99 bottle of battery acid will now cost 7.99. The 7.99 decent bottle will now cost at least 9.99 - to make a beer analogy, if Dutch Gold goes up why would you sell Heineken* at the same price as Dutch Gold?

* Heineken is just píss, but it's píss with notions

Exactly and that's what will happen God forbid Heino would be the same price as Dutch

mel123 wrote: »
    Missed the slabs of coors light in Tesco for €24, anyone seen anywhere do the same offer?

24 a slab for Heineken and Coors Light in Tesco Stillorgan at lunchtime today.

https://i.ibb.co/JxFWnkX/drink-1-2904.jpg
    https://i.ibb.co/DfLnKNW/drink-2904.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭pjq

sceach16 wrote: »

Anyone able to advise which wines are reduced? are signs clearer in other stores?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

pjq wrote: »
    Anyone able to advise which wines are reduced? are signs clearer in other stores?

Had a look earlier and they were clearly marked.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Yellow Dog

Lidl

Miller Genuine Draft.

24x33cl bottles

€16.99

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,913 ✭✭✭dodzy

Have it on good authority that the scabby 15 can packs are going to be more prevalent over the coming months. I don't like the look of that at all, at all :mad:

Advertisement