Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

looking for sub-base stone

• 19-01-2021 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭

looking for a bit of help

I am looking for stone for a garden project.

I recently saw stone that I think will suit. It is basically 100 - 150mm blueish slate that I saw used as a sub-base for a road

Does anyone know where I might get it by the ton and what its called ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,576 ✭✭✭✭listermint

RobAMerc wrote: »

I recently saw stone that I think will suit. It is basically 100 - 150mm blueish slate that I saw used as a sub-base for a road

803 aggregate stone.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Max Moment

If it is just for a Garden project, Clause 804 would do as a sub base. It would be 50mm down to dust. You would get 1 tonne bags in any builders providers.

If you particularly need the bigger stone you’d be looking for 6F2 Stone or 4 inch down. You’d get it in any stone / quarry suppliers. Roadstone, Kilsaren etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

sorry, I should have said. Its not for sub base - I want it as decorative stone. I just happened to see it used as a sub-base for a road

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Max Moment

sorry, I should have said. Its not for sub base - I want it as decorative stone. I just happened to see it used as a sub-base for a road

If it is just for decorative. You’d be better off with a “clean” stone. 4 inch clean or 6 inch clean is what you would be looking for. Basically means there would be no fines in it which would look a lot better for decorative.

Just make sure to ask for limestone if you want the blue colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

thats it 6 inch clean limestone brilliant thanks !
    - any idea what I can expect to pay ?

6 inch stone for a sub-base in Tipp = 50 a ton.
    6 inch stone for a decorative garden in Dublin = 150 a ton !

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 CornerstoneBC

I was planning to change the designed of my latest garden, I mean the stone designed on my patio. I want it to make simple but the safety of children cannot be compromised.

Advertisement