Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Moving ESB Pole

Options
  • 02-01-2021 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭

Thinking of getting a site on the land sorted. There’s a pole slap in the middle and the supporting wires coming from two sides. The next poles on both lines, are all mounted on much lower ground, with a valley between mine and the next one.
    I imaging to the amateur I am, that I would need to replace the ESB pole in midfield of my site, with two pokes, on the edges of mine. I don’t know if I’m making myself clear here🀨.
    Anybody with any experience in this area? Is it much hassle / cost to get this stuff done? For that matter, could ESB refuse to do the necessary engineering and relay out work?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭beachhead

ESB would be the people to ask before doing anything.Don't poles belong to the ESB with the landowner giving wayleave to erect them.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,820 ✭✭✭✭muffler

The ESB will normally move the pole free of charge providing it isnt a "high voltage" line and of course subject to you producing a copy of your planning permission including maps.

Advertisement