Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most positive, non Fiction book that changed your life?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,784 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Did you read any of the books mentioned op?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

Lavinia wrote: »
    Running: The Autobiography
    by World Snooker Champion Ronnie O'Sullivan

would recommend it to anyone even if they know nothing about snooker :)

he just won his sixth world title so this is already slightly out of date but still :d

"I used to rely on drugs and alcohol to keep me going, but now I've got the healthiest addiction going - running.

This book explains how running has helped me to fight my demons - my addictive personality, depression, my dad's murder conviction, the painful break-up with the mother of my children - and allowed me to win five World Snooker Championships.

It is also about all of the great things in my life - my kids, snooker, my dad's release from prison, great mates who have helped me, and the psychiatrist Dr Steve Peters, who has taught me how not to run away when things get tough.

Finally, it's about what it's like to get the buzz - from running, from snooker, from life. Because when it comes down to it, everyone needs something to drive them on."

• Registered Users Posts: 17,398 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

For sheet motivation of recommend The 10X Rule by Grant Cardone.

Here very 'American' but he puts his money where his mouth is and through following the plan in the book I have definitely made vastly significant improvements to my life and changed my mindset completely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭CharlesMartel

Meditations, Marcus Aurelius

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6 nehemiah2378

My favorite read was the "road less traveled". The message that I got from that is the problems never affect the courage and wisdom, instead they create courage and wisdom.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 AllOneMind

A deep understanding of what living in this world entails, and most importantly a sequence of lessons that allows us to get beyond it. I bought it 24 years ago and continually refer to it when I forget who I really am. On my third pass through the workbook lessons (alright, I am a slow learner, but on the other hand the ego is a mighty difficult beast to tame). You can read it all here. Sorry I cannot post with images, URLs or attachments because I am a new user.

jcim dot net/acim_us/Acim.php

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Regis779

The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon

Advertisement