Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Larry David: Curb Your Enthusaism

• 23-06-2002 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Has anyone seen it on TG 4 ? to those woh havent 9:00 Tue There will be a third season in Sept in the states but at the moment they have reached midpoint of the first season, so far its been hilarious, Sein related subplots and in the seocnd season reading through the ep guide Jason Alexander approach HBO to do a show very similar to Jerry and George going to NBC about the show about nothing.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭ Charleigh Lemon Fog

I really do have a sieve for a brain...
    I keep forgetting about it :( My sister actually reminded me about it but I was out the night she called me.

Ever since the Irish Times stopped the "MyTV" lsitings on the website I haven't been able to get e-mail alerts of my fav programs.

I aim to watch it this week :)
    Really!!

I remembered to tape it so I'll let ya know later or tomorrow what I think.

I'm a tad excited actually :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

well I saw the ep last night I taped as I was at the gig in Landowne Roadand once again it was on top form its consistently funny and so much happened, I love the holding lift doors etiquete.

Well I saw it (eventually),

I thought it was good. The writing and jokes we very good like the doctors waiting room policy. The way he keeps getting fobbed off with his finger problem is a bit like Elaine getting blacklisted in the Slicer Ep. It defintely has a Seinfeld theme to it.

If I had any gripe I would say that Larry is not a good enough comedic actor to actually match his comedic writing. I thought at times for instance that Jerry or George would have pulled off some of the gags waaay better.

Having said that its better than most things on the box and I'll continue to watch it.

--
    Whats your view on Larry's acting ability Ciaran?

I think that Larry's acting is quite good but perhaps as you said Jer and George prob would have pulled of some of the jokes better but can improve Julia is in it next week, looking forward to that. ;)

• Advertisement

OOH Julia's in it next week.
    Hope I remeber to watch it :)

--
    I'd forgotten "what" was on in Lansdowne Rd. the other night.

FYI, the Chili Peppers are in my top 3 bands of all time

In no specific order...
    RHCP
    Pearl Jam
    Stone Temple Pilots (BTW, here's a mirror of my STP site BTW...http://ceolster.port5.com)

New Order were there also they are superb it was a great gig, I'm not a chilli pepper fan myself

I think the Irish voice over mentioned something to do with hathlu I’m pretty sure that means aunt doesn’t it? if that’s the case then I think they will skip 2 eps but it could be a mistake.

To be fair to Larry David he isn't an established actor its all new to him he's learning the traits it was the same for Jerry when Sein began.

Elaine: Married women don't get together, they have affairs
    George: an affair thats so adult.

I just saw tonights ep and it was bloody hilarious Julia was great looked fab, I loved when Larry was so hyper about his missing pad and then Julia was so pissed off she was going to ring Jer to complain. The phone cut off was very Sein related she makes 2 or 3 more appearance Jason also pops in the second series. The lawyer guy Dean was such a sleaze bag actually he’s very familiar I’m sure he was in Sein.

• Advertisement

I set the tape so I'll look at later when I get a chance.

--
    Maybe I was being a bit harsh re: Larry. I had only seen the one ep so I'll reserve judgement :)

Maybe Julia might have inspired him ;)

It was much better last night. Larry vindicated his acting talent and of course Julia was xlnt.

I loved the bit in the neighbours house when she had the camcorder and she asks Larry...
    **Whats Jerry Seinfeld like??
    **Well, he's a Eunuch...he has no testicles.

lol I love when Larry starts cursing.

what is this 4 years dold? what is he supposed to gain from this you think he's going to charm her they'll end e-mails to eachother end up going on summer vacations.

OOOHHH

I might put up a CYE bit in the features section on SW. Ep Guide, cast etc. I must also copy the bit on HBO, because invariably it will disappear like the way they hacked up seinfeld.com !

--
    BTW,
    I've only found one DIVX of CYE on Kazaa- Its quite hard to find so I'll continue to tape as many as I can.

Okey Doke, Here's a mini-site I just did...
    A Tibute to Larry David's "Curb Your Enthusiasm"
    www.seinwars.com/cye

I added a gallery not featured on the official site

Enjoy :)

--
    Any bugs/suggestions, let me know.

No bugs everythings fine.

FYI
    Just cleaned it up a little, added a few better images and rejiggd the cast page a bit

and...
    Set my Tape for this evening :)

I saw it, it was quite I thought last weeks was better but than was to be expected, certains eps will be better than others.

Wasn't bad :)

At least Larry got a blow job ;)

• Advertisement

Larry talks briefly about the upcoming third season in the New York Daily News...
    http://www.nydailynews.com/2002-07-15/New_York_Now/Television/a-157524.asp
    David Curbs His Enthusiasm

PASADENA, Calif.

Larry David's "Curb Your Enthusiasm" returns for its third season on HBO in September in a new and enviable time slot: right after the long-awaited return of "The Sopranos."

Yet David, co-creator of NBC's "Seinfeld" and a world-class curmudgeon, isn't excited about that prospect.

"I don't care," he told TV writers Friday at the Television Critics Association summer press gathering. "I'm not a crazy 'time slot' guy.

"I was very happy, with 'Seinfeld' to be on at Wednesday night at 9 or 9:30. When they moved me to 9 o'clock on Thursday, I really didn't care. If people weren't watching it on Wednesday, I didn't want them watching on Thursday. They're so interested now that it's Thursday, that it's a better show?"

David, whose free-form comedy has won critical praise on HBO, also said he couldn't envision any circumstances under which he would return to commercial network TV.

"There would be no point creatively," he said. "I don't need the money and I'm in a perfect situation with HBO."

As for his former colleagues on "Seinfeld," David laughed off the idea of a curse affecting the supporting players' subsequent TV series and said Seinfeld would come on "Curb" if David came up with the right concept.

Meanwhile, David admitted both his series and his starring performance exceeded his expectations. "I thought I was going to stink, and I thought the show would stink," he said. "So it exceeded in that regard. Anything beyond stinking was, like, 'Wow, I can't even believe it!' "

David Bianculli

Original Publication Date: 7/15/02

Very good last night, it just goes to show the complications that occur while shopping for a gift, but the pick of the bunch was c**** lol all this + a Sein reference An Indian Giver.

Didnt see it :(

--
    I'm writing this from an emptying house as packers move our worldy belongings!! Gave a tape to my sister to tape but she's away. Might see it on HBO in the autumn. They are repeating it before series 3 starts :)

We’re having an extension done it sounds like WWII. Dave you’re going to be like Jerry regarding Curb your enthusiasm breaking even so from now on you’ll be even steven.
    Larry was so modest when he said it exceeded his expectations

Its up deservedly for an Emmy in the category of best comedy series in Sept, WTG Larry:)

23/07/02 Ep. 9- Affirmative Action:

Directed by Bryan Gordon. Guest star: Richard Lewis. On his way to the drug store to fill a prescription for his wife's itchy skin condition, Larry meets with Richard Lewis, who insists that he and Cheryl come by for coffee after dinner so Larry can make up with Richard's girlfriend. The two then run into a black dermatologist friend of Richard's, whom Larry promptly offends with a tasteless affirmative-action joke. Shocked, Larry forgets to go to the drug store. Later, he loses Cheryl's prescription by giving it to a restaurant maitre 'd instead of a twenty-dollar bill. Now he's forced to try to get a new one from the dermatologist he insulted earlier. First aired 12/10/01.

--
    Da video is set to stun :D

Outstanding, it really was so much happened in it and in typical Larry David style it all went wrong for him, a scene very similar to The Chinese Restaurant ep where he bribed the manager and failed to bribe The Pharmacist. :)

I must say he's growing as an actor.

Obviously he's churning out some "old skool" Seinfeld material but heck if ts good I dont give a damn. Very Chinese Restaraunt similarties.
    Also the chance meeting when he goes into the Mexican Restauant bathroom is very Seinfeld. You know they way Jerry would always run into someone he dislikes and then be very sarcastic about it. Bania, Sally Weaver, Uncle Leo, The Scofflaw to name but a few !!

--
    Interesting point about the lack of minority races in the show as well. Its very "white" when you think about it.
    Might start a new thread on this one !!

• Advertisement

So that’s a wrap of season one of Curb a great ep to finish off a superb series, I loved the way everything came together in the end revolving around The Incest Group lol. I got this instantly, the gorgeous Lucy Monette was Jerry’s Rachel in The Hamptons and Raincoats, she changed a lot and not just in the upstairs department, roll on season 2 which is next week. :)

Advertisement