Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Start up voltage

• 30-06-2020 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭

I've pulled the trigger on a dual 4 x 300 east 3 x 300w. The max i can fit on my roof. The installer has speced a solis 2.5kWh 4g mini inverter.

On my east string using NOCT standards of 800w/m2 irradiance ,my voltage will drop below startup voltage. 800mw is prob all that you would expect on a non glorious sunny day if not even lower on a overcast Summer day. Should I be looking at a smaller inverter. I see the non mini Solis has a startup of 60v

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭quentingargan

phester28 wrote: »
    I've pulled the trigger on a dual 4 x 300 east 3 x 300w. The max i can fit on my roof. The installer has speced a solis 2.5kWh 4g mini inverter.

On my east string using NOCT standards of 800w/m2 irradiance ,my voltage will drop below startup voltage. 800mw is prob all that you would expect on a non glorious sunny day if not even lower on a overcast Summer day. Should I be looking at a smaller inverter. I see the non mini Solis has a startup of 60v
    The Mini only has one MPPT, so if you are using two orientations, you will need a dual MPPT (non-mini) anyhow. I imagine the suggestion of a 2.5 mini is a typo. Or else the installer could use a 2.5 mini with optimisers on all panels.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭phester28

The installer is adamint it's a mini dual string. Startup at 90v mppt down to 80v. I'm nervous on a cloudy day it wont run.

I know the non mini will run at 60v startup but he says there is no stock of these. From the uk prices for the non mini are a bit more too. It's hard to get exact specs of the inverter range as they just have added to their range over the last few years

phester28 wrote: »
    The installer is adamint it's a mini dual string. Startup at 90v mppt down to 80v. I'm nervous on a cloudy day it wont run.

I know the non mini will run at 60v startup but he says there is no stock of these. From the uk prices for the non mini are a bit more too. It's hard to get exact specs of the inverter range as they just have added to their range over the last few years
    I learn new things every day, but I can't find a mini dual-mppt. What brand are you looking at? If there one, 90v should be ok for 3 panels, depending on their specs. It is mostly current that falls in low light. Voltage is usually over 30 if there is anything worth harvesting

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭phester28

Just to update. Installer has confirmed that it is indeed solis-1p2.5k-4g so I should have no issue with the 3 panel facing east. Startup voltage is 60V for this inverter.

I wonder what to expect peak performance in summer. Would 70 percent be my max due to east 4 x 300 and east 3 x 300.

They say the panels are amerisolar 300 but have not given a mode number so not sure the exact specs for the panel yet

I dont think solis interface will tell me what is consumed vs exported so I may only find out produced power.

They will probably be 310w panels. According to DEAP calculations, you would get about 1538 kwhrs/yr. The real figure will probably be better, but depends on whether you are in the sunny south-east, or the north-west

• Advertisement
Advertisement