Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Mi 9T

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Anyone noticed that video uploads to WhatsApp are very poor quality. Not an issue with my old phone so i wonder if it's the video codec used by the camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Harika wrote: »
    I just tried the low light option there and I was wowed. What a difference

Me too actually, took a photo of a street tree not covered under a lamppost and some level of detail!

On my last phone, to get strava to work I opened running apps and clicked the padlock beside it so that it ran in the background or when phone locked... Can't seem to get the equivilant setting on this system. Googled and what I found didn't resolve

Thanks

Someone might be able to help me...

Using Google camera but it isn't saving into a folder as such and its saving individual files. Can't see it in settings., as in there's no album with Google camera photos in it

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭derekbro

BKWDR wrote: »
    On my last phone, to get strava to work I opened running apps and clicked the padlock beside it so that it ran in the background or when phone locked... Can't seem to get the equivilant setting on this system. Googled and what I found didn't resolve

Thanks
    Settings -> manage apps -> battery saver then turn off restrictions I think.
    Also on running apps hold down on the app and the lock should appear

• Advertisement

derekbro wrote: »
    Settings -> manage apps -> battery saver then turn off restrictions I think.
    Also on running apps hold down on the app and the lock should appear

Thanks!

Great will give that a shot

• Registered Users Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭Homelander

What do people think of this phone versus the Pocophone F1? I'm not sure which to get. My old Galaxy S8 is working OK but the charging port is temperamental. I know I can wireless charge but the problem is now I'm having trouble transferring files via USB which I do a fair bit.

I know either phone will be a sidegrade rather than any significant upgrade but OK with that. Is it worth stretching to the better Mi9 non-T?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,395 ✭✭✭Harika

Homelander wrote: »
    What do people think of this phone versus the Pocophone F1? I'm not sure which to get. My old Galaxy S8 is working OK but the charging port is temperamental. I know I can wireless charge but the problem is now I'm having trouble transferring files via USB which I do a fair bit.

I know either phone will be a sidegrade rather than any significant upgrade but OK with that. Is it worth stretching to the better Mi9 non-T?

This depends on your preferred use of the phone, budget and so on. What is important to you

Not much really. Just have a very decent screen is about it, I use my phone a lot but for casual stuff (whatsapp/netflix/browsing), never for games. I think the Mi9T has the better screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,395 ✭✭✭Harika

https://www.kimovil.com/en/compare/xiaomi-mi-9t,xiaomi-pocophone-f1

Very similar, if the UK shop would have delivered to Ireland I would have picked the pocophone for 200 Euro

• Advertisement

the mi 9t has a much better camera, screen and build materials. battery life probably a bit better on mi 9t as cpu more efficient

the f1 cpu would be a bit better but not noticeable unless trying to run games at the highest settings

the mi 9t pro has a better cpu than the f1

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,494 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Is the Pro version worth waiting for guys? I'm definitely buying one of them anyway.

Blade wrote: »
    Is the Pro version worth waiting for guys? I'm definitely buying one of them anyway.

not really unless you want the highest fps at highest settings in games imo

the 730 in the mi 9t is plenty capable and the price difference is big currently

Ended up getting a Razer 2 for €390 new. I watch a lot of netflix, often just on my phone, so I figured the screen + best in class speakers are worth it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,494 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

glasso wrote: »
    not really unless you want the highest fps at highest settings in games imo

the 730 in the mi 9t is plenty capable and the price difference is big currently

Thank you, I'll stick with the 9t so, I wouldn't be using it for games. And I always keep telling people, there's only so much processing power you need for your day-to-day usage of a phone. Some of us like logos and big names, some of us buy shoes to fit our shoe size.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭jclack

Anyone get one of these off honorbuy? Was going to push the button on it but never used that site before.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

jclack wrote: »
    Anyone get one of these off honorbuy? Was going to push the button on it but never used that site before.

Ya, they are great. Delivery in 24 to 48 hours if you choose a phone from their EU warehouse.

Ya, they are great. Delivery in 24 to 48 hours if you choose a phone from their EU warehouse.

Brilliant thanks a mill. Sorry for one final Q but ever been hit for tax? Phone is €282 plus a cover so don't fancy being hit with tax as well

• Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

jclack wrote: »
    Brilliant thanks a mill. Sorry for one final Q but ever been hit for tax? Phone is €282 plus a cover so don't fancy being hit with tax as well
    EU warehouse, so no.

• Advertisement

Great thanks for help lads just ordered one!

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭blackwave

About to pull the trigger on this has anyone got a decent case for it yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭blackwave

Ordered this on Tuesday night from Honorbuy and it arrived on Thursday. Very happy with the phone it's very quick and will set up Gcam in a few days for it when I have a bit of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

blackwave wrote: »
    About to pull the trigger on this has anyone got a decent case for it yet?

Me sister got one with a case and screen protector from EU global, but they said u can't use fingerprint unlock with the screen protector. Thought that was weird.

BTW, any major benefits to gcam, over the stock camera?

Ended up getting a Razer 2 for €390 new. I watch a lot of netflix, often just on my phone, so I figured the screen + best in class speakers are worth it.

Narrator: It was not worth it.

Narrator: It was not worth it.

bad choice - what's crap about it?

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Me sister got one with a case and screen protector from EU global, but they said u can't use fingerprint unlock with the screen protector. Thought that was weird.

mainly for the "night sight" mode for, as the name suggests, low light shots.

can have both on phone at same time and take pictures with both.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

The_B_Man wrote: »

You can on the 9 SE anyway, can't imagine it being different on the 9 T

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭traco

Just ordered one for Mrs Traco, she's has the Xiaomi Mi A1 for a 18 months plus but the gps has been flaky on it and it lacks NFC which she would find handy. Bought from Honor Buy Thursday and it arrived yesterday so will set it up tonight. Hopefully the back up process to google drive will make it handy enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Rojo

Bought this on Sunday and it just arrived today... I had an iPhone before this so just getting used to it but I'm very impressed with it for the price!

I need to get a good otterbox or equivalent... any good recommendations?

Advertisement