Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Teaching subjects Irish and MFL

Options
  • 28-04-2019 10:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭

Just wondering what the job opportunity for teaching subjects such as French and German are like in Dubai? I teach Irish also but presume I would have no opportunity with that or? After leaving a CID job after 12 years to move home am so sick of being messed around. So tired of the hiring system at home and how unfair it is that thinking of moving abroad. Am in my late thirties but have no mortgage or family ties so think what have I to stay back home for and waste another almost twenty years of my life dedicating my life to work and no outcome or thanks in the end.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭Rechuchote

Are those teaching jobs still tax-free? At one stage in the 2000s, my next-door neighbours on both sides had saved half the price of a house with a year or two of those untaxed jobs at huge pay and a fairly dull life while abroad.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

While i am not a teacher, I have lived in the Middle East and from what I recall, there is actually a demand for French due to the historical/colonial ties to the region. Not so sure about German. French/British schools are common, I don't recall ever hearing of a comparable German school. So what you take from that is that they do teach French in schools in the Middle East.

And the days of the massive salaries are gone. The salaries are roughly equivalent to what they are here, but tax free (with housing, flights and utilities usually paid for by the employer). But, and it's a big but, things have got incredibly expensive in the Middle East of late (still have friends working over there). The days of living the high life of expensive restaurants and Friday brunches are not as affordable as they once were.

Advertisement