Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Huawei P30/P30 Pro

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Bit annoyed that the pro doesn't have a headphone jack but the p30 does.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭mathie

MoodeRator wrote: »
    ok Three are up

€529 on 30 per month
    €399 on 45 per month
    €269 on 60 per month

24 month contract?

Showing € 579.99 on their site.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Im a bit underwhelmed to be honest.
    Was expecting a higher res screen-Cameras are the only saving feature.
    Mate 20 pro might be a better buy if the price drops a bit now this has been released.
    Eirs pricing is nuts at €349.00..might have been worth it at 199-249.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Captcha

Friend went from Iphone to P20 Pro.... was great the first few months, now slow as a dog in general usage. Certain apps are almost unusable due to speed.

Never had a phone without a headphone jack. How is using the phone with the charging port as the jack? Is it awkward? Does it feel the same?

I hate change which is why I'm hesitant about no headphone jack.

Regarding the screen. Does a non 4k screen really make any difference? I don't notice anything amazing on my s9 screen but I'd have to have two phones side by side to maybe notice the difference.

My biggest interest is the camera. Does anyone think it's much better than the S10? The zoom is fairly impressive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭iHungry

Seems like a decent price SIM free on three.ie. Anyone else thinking of upgrading from P20 pro? If I sell my P20 pro what's it worth to someone 2nd hand?

iHungry wrote: »
    Seems like a decent price SIM free on three.ie. Anyone else thinking of upgrading from P20 pro? If I sell my P20 pro what's it worth to someone 2nd hand?

When in selling on a phone, I always go to adverts.ie and look at the price the phone is advertised for and more importantly, the price it gets sold for.

I'll then judge the price I should put it up for (always a little higher than what you want to sell for as people always lowball you)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Lfcfan2017

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Surprised there is no chatter here a out the new phone.

Anyone getting it?

I'm still turn between the S10 and P30.

Just preordered the P30 Pro... Can't wait...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

I think i'm going to go with the Pro over the S10. A few quid cheaper and better specs in areas I prefer.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Da Optimist

How much can i get the pro on prepay ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

How much can i get the pro on prepay ?

€779.99

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Da Optimist

grogi wrote: »
    €779.99

Huh, where ? Im seeing 999 everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Pre-order on three.ie :)

grogi wrote: »
    €779.99

And speakers with a RRP of €229. I'll be sticking it on adverts right away for €150 which makes the €780 even more appealing

When in selling on a phone, I always go to adverts.ie and look at the price the phone is advertised for and more importantly, the price it gets sold for.

I'll then judge the price I should put it up for (always a little higher than what you want to sell for as people always lowball you)

Thanks the seem to be going for about €400

Thanks the seem to be going for about €400

That's the price I want to sell at from looking at various S9 ads in adverts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Davexirl

What colour is everyone going for? I would like the Aurora colour for a change instead of always getting black like all my previous phones. None of the networks are offering the Aurora colour and carphone warehouse isn't either SIM free.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Lfcfan2017

Davexirl wrote: »
    What colour is everyone going for? I would like the Aurora colour for a change instead of always getting black like all my previous phones. None of the networks are offering the Aurora colour and carphone warehouse isn't either SIM free.

I went for black, the other one looked a bit girly for me..

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭rosmoke

Went for normal p30, 0.3" screen size doesn't worth extra ~40% cost (after selling Sonos).
    Feel bad there's no wireless charge and 40w normal charge, everything else it's pretty much the same.
    Also need my headphones jack.

• Advertisement

rosmoke wrote: »
    Went for normal p30, 0.3" screen size doesn't worth extra ~40% cost (after selling Sonos).
    Feel bad there's no wireless charge and 40w normal charge, everything else it's pretty much the same.
    Also need my headphones jack.

There's no fast charge?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,799 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

If you buy the P30 Pro from Amazon.es you get the Watch GT for free and €100 off.

https://www.amazon.es/Huawei-P30-Pro-Smartphone-Octa-Core/dp/B07PVK42Z4/ref=mp_s_a_1_5

Edit: add watch to your basket as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

TitianGerm wrote: »
    If you buy the P30 Pro from Amazon.es you get the Watch GT for free and €100 off.

https://www.amazon.es/Huawei-P30-Pro-Smartphone-Octa-Core/dp/B07PVK42Z4/ref=mp_s_a_1_5

Edit: add watch to your basket as well.

Your paying almost 200 extra for phone compared to 779 in Three with Sonos which is more than likely going to come unlocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,799 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

dan786 wrote: »
    Your paying almost 200 extra for phone compared to 779 in Three with Sonos which is more than likely going to come unlocked.

Ah I know it's a bit dearer I just saw people saying they would have preferred the watch than the speaker. But at that rate you'd be as well to get the Three offer and then sell the speaker and buy the watch.

Sir Dosser wrote: »

So the camera difference isn't that noticeable according to him AND you keep the headphone jack. I might settle on the p30.

Not into larger phones anyway. I like how I can use my s9 easy enough with one hand

Anywhere in Dublin city centre to test the p30 out? I remember using the S10 before release date

Anywhere in Dublin city centre to test the p30 out? I remember using the S10 before release date

I only asked three did they have any but they replied only on release day.

I only asked three did they have any but they replied only on release day.

Ah I see. I was hoping to try one out before the sonos speaker ore order deal expires

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Three Live Chat online just said to me to order the P30/Pro you can only do it online and not in store... presume this is BS? I was inquiring about a voucher for a shopping centre I had to use in store against it... They don't take vouchers either apparantely :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 cjragoo

I see a lot of comments that this thing is underwhelming because of the 1080p screen so I decided to mess around with the resolution on my S9+ and I honestly can't tell the difference between 720p and 1440p.. am I just blind?

Advertisement