Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huawei P20/P20 Pro

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭ForestFire

Yes, Free headphone for everyone....:D (To date at least).

So can I ask people what you believe are the main disadvantages of the P20 Pro over the S9+?

I would say I'm 99% sticking with the P20 pro, but just interested in any reasons that may make me switch.

Some that I can think of are below:-

-No Wireless charging - This could be an important one, but you do get Super Charge and 4000mAh battery
    -No Video stabilization at 4k - Will it ever be needed?
    -Video at 1080p looks soft compared to S9+
    -960fps start on movement? Is this available?
    -No SD Card - but you do get 128GB built-in

Ayone have anything else to consider?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

I have to add that I am surprised Vodafone hasnt reached 50 orders. I know 5 other people apart from me who have ordered them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Ya I would say there's something wrong there. Misinformation from poor customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

sentient_6 wrote: »
    Ya I would say there's something wrong there. Misinformation from poor customer service.

I'm going with misinformation from disingenuous social media "morketing" consultant types, thinking it will encourage impulse buying ad a buzz whereas in reality it comes across (incorrectly) more as a bait and switch programme

dan786 wrote: »
    I have to add that I am surprised Vodafone hasnt reached 50 orders. I know 5 other people apart from me who have ordered them.

Well everywhere else in Europe seems to have the free headset as long as you order before the 6th April. No limits and no hidden terms.

I often wonder, is this the same case for the Vodafone Ireland orders, but for some reason (marketing/Protection) they want a get out clause in case they have an issues??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

From Three:
    Dear Heraldoffreeent

You registered your interest in the Huawei P20 Pro with us a little while back. Good news - it’s ready for pre-order! Even better, if you pre-order now you’ll get free Bose headphones worth €379.95 while stocks last.

Jump to the top of the queue now and be first with the most powerful Huawei smartphone yet. From the cutting-edge Leica triple camera to its gorgeous OLED display, the P20 is not to be missed.

And........

Three.ie

Terms & Conditions:
    1. To be eligible to avail of the Offer you must be a new or upgrading Three customer who preorders on three.ie or via telesales (and have your preorder accepted by Three) a Huawei P20 Pro (“Eligible Preorder”). Customers with the first 120 Eligible Preorders strictly from 9am on Tuesday 3rd April 2018 shall each receive a pair of Bose headphones (RRP €379.95) 2. For Eligible Preorders Bose headphones will be received by customers separately from device within 30 days. 3. In the event that you are permitted to return your device under applicable legal or regulatory provisions, you agree to return the Bose headphones to Three with your device. Where the Bose Headphones experiences any damage or wear and tear beyond a reasonable degree, you agree to reimburse Three for the cost of the Bose Headphones. 4. Only one Offer per customer and there is no cash alternative.

You are receiving this email from Three Ireland Services (Hutchison) Limited because you are a customer and have previously indicated that we may contact you about our products and services. To unsubscribe please Freetext OPTOUT to 50202.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Strongly thinking of the Three offer.
    I have currently the Pixel on a loan from my brother but the P20 Pro is a lovely phone.
    Question is, can I do without the great early updates on the Google branded handset?

So Three are not sending out the headphones with the phone but within 30 days and will only get the headphone if your eligible. As far as I know you have 14 days to return the device for refund, so they can come back to you after 20 days and say your not eligible and will be stuck with the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

ForestFire wrote: »
    Well everywhere else in Europe seems to have the free headset as long as you order before the 6th April. No limits and no hidden terms.

I often wonder, is this the same case for the Vodafone Ireland orders, but for some reason (marketing/Protection) they want a get out clause in case they have an issues??

The Amazon.de blurb said 6,000 headphones for P20 and 4,000 for the Pro. Wonder if those are the Huawei numbers for the proof of purchase claim system? If so the claim site will get hammered on the 20th. They stuck in the usual "while stocks last" get out of jail free card to cover themselves.

dan786 wrote: »
    So Three are not sending out the headphones with the phone but within 30 days and will only get the headphone if your eligible. As far as I know you have 14 days to return the device for refund, so they can come back to you after 20 days and say your not eligible and will be stuck with the phone.

I would argue that you 14 days don't start until you receive your full order of phone and headphones? (Or confirmation that you have received full order of phone only if that is the case)

But you still could not open the phone until you get confirmation either way, as you cannot return once opened?

the must know when shipping the phone if you are in the first 120 or not. and should let you know at this stage at the very least?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

The Amazon.de blurb said 6,000 headphones for P20 and 4,000 for the Pro. Wonder if those are the Huawei numbers for the proof of purchase claim system? If so the claim site will get hammered on the 20th. They stuck in the usual "while stocks last" get out of jail free card to cover themselves.

The headphones for P20 on amazon.de are not the QC 35s btw

Anybody see demo models in bricks and mortar stores yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Foreign Sports

Anyone pre-order with Eir?

There seems to be no restrictions on the headphone availability as long as you pre-order online.

Eir will apparently ship the headphones with the phone which may suit some people better.

Anyone pre-order with Eir?

There seems to be no restrictions on the headphone availability as long as you pre-order online.

Eir will apparently ship the headphones with the phone which may suit some people better.

Sadly they are not selling them Pre-pay.

And Vodafone are also shipping with phone , its just Three that say within 30 days.

ForestFire wrote: »
    I would argue that you 14 days don't start until you receive your full order of phone and headphones? (Or confirmation that you have received full order of phone only if that is the case)

But you still could not open the phone until you get confirmation either way, as you cannot return once opened?

the must know when shipping the phone if you are in the first 120 or not. and should let you know at this stage at the very least?

You would think that they would know when they are shipping but Three are the worst company you can deal with, none of their reps ever have a clue whenever theres a pre-order offer. I have had issue past few years as well.

I have one ordered with Vodafone and one with Three. So if I get the headset with one from Vodafone I will cancel the Three order.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭iHungry

Heafs up I just rang Harvey Norman but they don't know until they come in if the headphones are included.

I think they are the only shop selling it sim free :(

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭RTT

Just preordered with Three. Was told delivery will commence on the 12th April.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

You would think people actually wanted the phone Vs the headphones

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭rai555

RTT wrote: »
    Just preordered with Three. Was told delivery will commence on the 12th April.

I wonder where is the catch with three.ie ? Prepy price is 749.99 instead of 899.99 everywhere else, and Bose qc35 is included. Too good to be true :)

Well I've been curious about that across the Irish networks, Vodafone aren't a million miles away at what 780? Yet the sterling price is way more, usually the euro and sterling prices are proportional.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Stacksey

rai555 wrote:
    I wonder where is the catch with three.ie ? Prepy price is 749.99 instead of 899.99 everywhere else, and Bose qc35 is included. Too good to be true

Where does it say on the 3 website that the Bose headphones are included?

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

Stacksey wrote: »
    Where does it say on the 3 website that the Bose headphones are included?

http://www.three.ie/brand/huawei/huawei-p20-pro/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

Silly question but forgive me cos very tired

If I buy on three prepay how long do I need to wait to unlock it.. Is there a minimum prepay spend?

I can look up but this phone is decked and slow so if any one had a quick answer would be great

Loved the camera on p10 so tempted

rai555 wrote: »
    Great stuff, thank you !

Pitty twilight color phones are not eligible

Question: Gibt es für die vorbestellung des p20 pro in der version twilight (lieferung amazon am 20.4. statt 6.4.) auch die bose kopfhörer gratis dazu?
    Answer: Hallo,
    die Bestellung muss bis zum 06.04.2018 erfolgen (Bestellbestätigung!). Registrierung für die Bose Kopfhörer ist bis zum 15.05.2018 möglich.
    Mit freundlichen Grüßen … see more
    By Huawei Support MANUFACTURER on 03 April 2018

Translates to
    Question: Are there any free bose headphones for the pre-order of the p20 pro in the version twilight (delivery amazon on 20.4 instead of 6.4.)?
    Answer: Hello,
    the order must be made by 06.04.2018 (order confirmation!). Registration for the Bose headphones is possible until 15.05.2018.
    Best regards ... see more

Silly question but forgive me cos very tired

If I buy on three prepay how long do I need to wait to unlock it.. Is there a minimum prepay spend?

I can look up but this phone is decked and slow so if any one had a quick answer would be great

Loved the camera on p10 so tempted

You usually have to see out in full or pay out the contract term to get unlocked. If you pay out the contract it means you dont have to pay monthly, as you’ve paid up contract in full obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

Thanks but it's payg option I am trying to work out. I. É. Minimum credit/topup purchase

I wrote it wrong... Half asleep

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Thanks but it's payg option I am trying to work out. I. É. Minimum credit/topup purchase

You have to spend Eur 130 on top ups before you can get the unlock code.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Be interested to see how the battery life fairs out on this.

Question: Gibt es für die vorbestellung des p20 pro in der version twilight (lieferung amazon am 20.4. statt 6.4.) auch die bose kopfhörer gratis dazu?
    Answer: Hallo,
    die Bestellung muss bis zum 06.04.2018 erfolgen (Bestellbestätigung!). Registrierung für die Bose Kopfhörer ist bis zum 15.05.2018 möglich.
    Mit freundlichen Grüßen … see more

Translates to
    Question: Are there any free bose headphones for the pre-order of the p20 pro in the version twilight (delivery amazon on 20.4 instead of 6.4.)?
    Answer: Hello,
    the order must be made by 06.04.2018 (order confirmation!). Registration for the Bose headphones is possible until 15.05.2018.
    Best regards ... see more

I asked about twilight version on amazon.de and got email from customer care that this version is not getting Bose. Can send copy of email

• Advertisement

rai555 wrote: »
    I asked about twilight version on amazon.de and got email from customer care that this version is not getting Bose. Can send copy of email

that's the email

Advertisement