Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CID from Job Share?

• 16-06-2017 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭JD3112

Hard to find a definite answer on this.

Have been offered 11 hours job share plus 7 hours own hours (resource).

If all going well and I get the same in Year 2, will I get CID for 18 hours or 7 hours (assuming job share and 7 hours are there in year 3)??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,372 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I think its 7 but the circular on being offered hours 1st would kick in

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭JD3112

Yes I think you are correct, with the following links confirming it:

http://ennisoft-webdev.com/accs/infobulletin.php?59
    See Hours of CID Example 1.

http://www.tui.ie/_fileupload/A%20guide%20to%20the%20Circular%20Letter%2024%2015.docx

See "Key Points under the Circular Number 3":
    "The hours of the CID will be all hours worked in the full school year prior to the issuing of the CID (i.e. the qualifying year), regardless of the source of the hours."

But going to confirm it in the morning with my union
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭TrishaK

I would check the job sharing circular first. As the JS position is the original post holder looking to JS they can opt to resume their full post at any stage.

So you wouldn't be the post holder for the 11 hours just simply covering the other half of a JS

You would only actually have 7hours in the own right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭ Rylan Angry Ax

I am certain the job share would be included. I have personal experience of the same situation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭theLuggage

I have similar personal experience - contact your union, they should be happy to take your case if you do not get a CID for ALL the hours you were on in the year prior to offering your CID. It's immaterial what kind the hours are.

EDIT: Just saw you are going through it with your union - hopes it goes well.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭shivpepper

Hi, I have a 22 hours fixed term contract arising from job sharing in September. Am I correct in assuming that this doesn't count towards CID?

shivpepper wrote: »
    Hi, I have a 22 hours fixed term contract arising from job sharing in September. Am I correct in assuming that this doesn't count towards CID?

The time worked in the school counts towards the years service needed to be eligible for CID, but the job share hours alone could not be made CID.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Sir123

The time worked in the school counts towards the years service needed to be eligible for CID, but the job share hours alone could not be made CID.

But if the teacher has 11 hours job share on top of an additional 11 hours of additional teaching in the school, shouldn't they be eligible for a 22 hr CID after 2 years? I remember people saying on Voice of Teachers that the Ward Report has some sort of provision in it regarding CID and job share hours. Anything over 11 hrs results in the hours becoming yours for CID purpose as far as I know.
    Clarification from unions etc should be made on the issue as it is still a grey area so it seems.

Sir123 wrote: »
    But if the teacher has 11 hours job share on top of an additional 11 hours of additional teaching in the school, shouldn't they be eligible for a 22 hr CID after 2 years? I remember people saying on Voice of Teachers that the Ward Report has some sort of provision in it regarding CID and job share hours. Anything over 11 hrs results in the hours becoming yours for CID purpose as far as I know.
    Clarification from unions etc should be made on the issue as it is still a grey area so it seems.

If any of the hours belong to the teacher, or are career break or secondment, then that would qualify for CID - as discussed above. But if all 22 are for job share then no. I take it that's what the previous poster means. It would mean covering two teachers who are job sharing.

I don't think there is a grey area and there is clarification from the unions if you look it up or seek their advice. But teachers are poorly informed on this issue and plenty of schools are too, or are hoping teachers don't appeal through ignorance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭gavwaldo

Pretty sure the CID would be for 22 hrs, all 18 hr and above CIDs get upgraded to 22hr.

Did you get in touch with the union?

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭theLuggage

gavwaldo wrote: »
    Pretty sure the CID would be for 22 hrs, all 18 hr and above CIDs get upgraded to 22hr.

Did you get in touch with the union?

All CID hours above 18 do not get upgraded to 22 hours.

There is a form you sign that entitles you to get paid for 22 hours and then obviously the school will fill those free slots. You need to wait another two years to have your Contract upgraded to the full hours you have been on in the year prior to the year you get the CID.

So if the school can only fill your timetable to 21 hours 40 mins say then that's your new CID. You of course get paid the full 22 once you have signed that form.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Starkystark

Sorry to bring up an old thread.

I had 22 hours last year (2 job share positions). I now have 22 hours of my own this year in the same school - does this make be eligible to apply for CID? Old principal said I will be - unfortunately he has left. Just had word with new principal who is completely new to the game and he is saying that I'll have to interview again for the third time! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

You're in.

You're in.

Thanks SligoBrewer. I know those hours will definitely be there in September too. So frustrated with principal - any idea on how to correct him on the matter?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Talk to your shop steward.

Talk to your shop steward.

Thanks you!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭NCW feen

Does anyone know if you are eligible for CID if you've had job share hours in same school for 2 consecutive years?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

NCW feen wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you are eligible for CID if you've had job share hours in same school for 2 consecutive years?

If you have at least an hour of your own, then yes.

NCW feen wrote: »

It would entirely depend on what hours if any are available for Year 3.

• Advertisement
Advertisement