Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huawei P30/P30 Pro

1262728293032»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,633 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

barryribs wrote: »
    It arrived today with nightline, very good in fairness. The watch is the GT2 Sport 46mm and it's very nice. First impressions are really good, the zoom on the camera is insane. I do miss the physical button though, even if it didn't depress on the p20, will take time to get used to.

I've bought the unlock code from ebay so hoping to have it by the beginning of next week.

Mine arrived today after. I got the 46mm Watch GT though (one with the green band) so maybe they're clearing whatever watches they have in stock?

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Mine arrived today after. I got the 46mm Watch GT though (one with the green band) so maybe they're clearing whatever watches they have in stock?

I bought one the other day as well - just arrived there earlier. I got the exact same watch, 46mm GT with the green band.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭barryribs

Bought it from here;
    https://www.ebay.ie/itm/UNLOCK-CODE-IRELAND-VODAFONE-ANY-HUAWEI-P30-P30-LITE-P30-PRO-MATE-20-P20-LITE/254345523345?hash=item3b382cb091:g:~wAAAOSwIXZdaVUT

Hasn't arrived yet, but should have it in the next few days. Any problems I can go through paypal anyway

Still haven't gotten the unlock code from this guy. Does any one have an alternative if this falls through?

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

Still haven't gotten the unlock code from this guy. Does any one have an alternative if this falls through?
    I'm waiting since last Thursday. Same guy. I'll give him a few days, then try someone else.

acalmenvoy wrote: »
    I'm waiting since last Thursday. Same guy. I'll give him a few days, then try someone else.

It'll be 2 weeks tomorrow for me, through gritted teeth I'll give it until then. Looking around some other threads, unlock.ie was recommended, so I'll try them if I get nothing.

• Advertisement

Logged a paypal dispute with that cowboy on ebay. Promptly got a message saying he will have it by tuesday.

A colleague got it from unlock.ie in 4 days, and I've just ordered it from there.

Unlock.ie was more expensive for mine but I had it within a few days after weeks wasted with various eBay chancers.

Unlock.ie was more expensive for mine but I had it within a few days after weeks wasted with various eBay chancers.

I got mine and it worked perfectly, no messing around with them.

Initial impressions - battery is ridiculously good, even coming from the p20 pro. Camera is fantastic, although, aside from the zoom, I haven't noticed a massive upgrade from the p20. It seems to be shaped more comfortably for the hand so more comfortable to hold, but I do miss the physical button. In screen fingerprint reader seems to be a little slower and less accurate.

I've mine set up via phone clone from my p20 pro, but can't seem to add widgets to the homescreen. Long press doesn't do anything and no option to add it from the apps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭GIMP

I got mine and it worked perfectly, no messing around with them.

Initial impressions - battery is ridiculously good, even coming from the p20 pro. Camera is fantastic, although, aside from the zoom, I haven't noticed a massive upgrade from the p20. It seems to be shaped more comfortably for the hand so more comfortable to hold, but I do miss the physical button. In screen fingerprint reader seems to be a little slower and less accurate.

I've mine set up via phone clone from my p20 pro, but can't seem to add widgets to the homescreen. Long press doesn't do anything and no option to add it from the apps.

Pinch on the home screen, down the bottom u should see a button for widgets

• Registered Users Posts: 55,433 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I got a P30 Pro a few weeks ago. Great upgrade from the P20 Pro, I'm delighted with it.

One issue though (and it seems to be common) - I use Square Home for my launcher, but every night my launcher defaults to the Huawei stock launcher (pressing home fixes it). Not a huge deal, but annoying.

Has anyone come across this and found a fix?

• Advertisement

Could be some battery saver thing that’s force closing the service during the night and would need to be disabled for the launcher app. Not 100% sure but Huawei phones are massively aggressive with shutting down apps.

Thanks, I've set the battery management for my launcher to manual. See if that fixes it. Cheers!

Logged a paypal dispute with that cowboy on ebay. Promptly got a message saying he will have it by tuesday.

A colleague got it from unlock.ie in 4 days, and I've just ordered it from there.

| have also logged a dispute with paypal but its estimated to be resolved by 29/6.
    Should I wait or can I go ahead and get the code somewhere else.
    Dont have much experience with paypal.

acalmenvoy wrote: »
    | have also logged a dispute with paypal but its estimated to be resolved by 29/6.
    Should I wait or can I go ahead and get the code somewhere else.
    Dont have much experience with paypal.

Send him a message in eBay and tell him to cancel the order. That's what I did and he just approved the PayPal dispute.

Send him a message in eBay and tell him to cancel the order. That's what I did and he just approved the PayPal dispute.
    Thanks. Have just done that. He's fcukin brutal. Stay away.

What cases are people using for their P30 Pro?

I like the idea of a case that closes at the front (with a window to display clock and notifications). I had one like this for my HTC One X a few years ago and loved it.
    It needs to have a magnetic closure though, not just 'loose'.

Does anyone have anything like that?

Basically one of these...
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/JASBON-Business-Protective-Shockproof-Cover-Black/dp/B07S5C26SK/
    ... with a magnetic closure.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,743 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Otterbox hard one. ****ing unreal case

I like the Olixar Ultra Thin. Get them for any phone I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

Bought the P30 Pro a few weeks ago after reading through this thread so thanks to everybody for all their contributions! Got the CPW deal and used the €20 credit as i'm already with VF. And I managed to flog the watch for 100 quid, so €350 all in for an incredible phone.

I was coming from a Moto G5, and haven't owned a top end phone for 3-4 years now, so i've noticed a huge upgrade in every aspect of the phone. Except one thing- yesterday my snoozed alarm stopped ringing! First alarm rang ok, snoozed, then second alarm there wasn't a peep. Same thing again this morning. I've tried everything to fix it (DNS, notification setting, flip to silence settings etc), and it works ok when I test during the day, very frustrating!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 johnmcdon

Hi,
    Sorry if posted already. Got a Vodafone locked P30 Pro upgrade from work. I want to give it to my girl friend. She is on Eir. No Vodafone coverage where she lives.
    Does anyone know a reliable website or shop that does the unlock for a decent price. I checked some shops in Limerick but they said €50 or "can't be done". They seemed unsure.
    Need a reliable site or shop.
    Thanks in advance.
    John

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 johnmcdon

Hi,
    Sorry if posted already. Got a Vodafone locked P30 Pro upgrade from work. I want to give it to my girl friend. She is on Eir. No Vodafone coverage where she lives.
    Does anyone know a reliable website or shop that does the unlock for a decent price. I checked some shops in Limerick but they said €50 or "can't be done". They seemed unsure.
    Need a reliable site or shop.
    Thanks in advance.
    John

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Leonidas BL

Anyone know when the P30 Pro new edition is coming to eir?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,904 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Interesting one here, I have a p30 pro

Had another upgrade due so took a free p30, mainly for the free watch, was going to sell but I need a phone for my UK sim, currently using a p10.

I know Huawei phones from eir are locked but I heard of an old trick that the first sim ya put into a phone locks phone to that network, put in UK O2 sim and its working fine, so it works

scudzilla wrote: »
    Interesting one here, I have a p30 pro

Had another upgrade due so took a free p30, mainly for the free watch, was going to sell but I need a phone for my UK sim, currently using a p10.

I know Huawei phones from eir are locked but I heard of an old trick that the first sim ya put into a phone locks phone to that network, put in UK O2 sim and its working fine, so it works

What network was your upgrade from? Mine was definitely locked to VF when I got it, but your definitely right about the older models locking to the first network used.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,904 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

What network was your upgrade from? Mine was definitely locked to VF when I got it, but your definitely right about the older models locking to the first network used.

From eir, the p30 is hardly an older model :pac:

Heard for some time that phones locked into first sim put into it but thought it was an old wives tale

scudzilla wrote: »
    From eir, the p30 is hardly an older model :pac:

Heard for some time that phones locked into first sim put into it but thought it was an old wives tale

Up to the time around if the g9 launch I think and some of the other cheaper Huawei weren't network locked at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Sorry to butt in, but I've seen a few posters on this thread saying they're still using the P10, so could I ask a question? (as I sit here envying you...)

I'm looking at a couple secondhand/refurbished, and wondered about the battery life after a couple of years' use (given that it's non-removable one). Do ye still get a full day out of it with average use?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

peckerhead wrote: »
    Sorry to butt in, but I've seen a few posters on this thread saying they're still using the P10, so could I ask a question? (as I sit here envying you...)

I'm looking at a couple secondhand/refurbished, and wondered about the battery life after a couple of years' use (given that it's non-removable one). Do ye still get a full day out of it with average use?

I've a P10 plus still, stopped using it a few weeks ago because I got the 5G oneplus 8, generally the battery is still pretty good, I'd get about 12 hours use with bluetooth and hotspot in use. I use the bluetooth with my watch/headphones, and the hotspot for work, I use the hotspot when i'm working in clients locations(most of the time) as it saves me having to be setup on customers networks and their traffic
    restrictions.

As an aside, I love the P10, it's slightly dated now, with the big bezels and fingerprint scanner in the Bezel, but it's probably the best phone I've ever had, and that includes IPhones.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Cheers Heraldoffreeent, that sounds OK to me. I'm a light user.

I know nowadays it's all about the big 6"+ Amoled screens and stuff, but with my tiny hands that's not what I want (nor have I any use for NFC, wireless charging etc.). I just want something that actually fits in a shirt pocket, has a decent rear camera (I'm too old for selfies), and has enough under the hood to run more apps than the old P8 Lite (2017) handed down to me by my kid. The P10 ticks all those boxes and they can be had pretty cheap secondhand - I'm looking at a few Grade A refurbs/open-box with 12 months warranty for around the £100 mark on eBay/Amazon marketplace (I'd happily go a few quid more for a P10+, but there doesn't seem to be as many of those going around...)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

peckerhead wrote: »
    Cheers Heraldoffreeent, that sounds OK to me. I'm a light user.

I know nowadays it's all about the big 6"+ Amoled screens and stuff, but with my tiny hands that's not what I want (nor have I any use for NFC, wireless charging etc.). I just want something that actually fits in a shirt pocket, has a decent rear camera (I'm too old for selfies), and has enough under the hood to run more apps than the old P8 Lite (2017) handed down to me by my kid. The P10 ticks all those boxes and they can be had pretty cheap secondhand - I'm looking at a few Grade A refurbs/open-box with 12 months warranty for around the £100 mark on eBay/Amazon marketplace (I'd happily go a few quid more for a P10+, but there doesn't seem to be as many of those going around...)

I'm kind of similar, although I use NFC, you need it for google pay, and that's probably my one must have app.

I like the screen size of the p10 plus, I use it to watch TV news during the day in work, lunch time news etc,so I use that in the cafeteria if I'm feeling unsociable, screen size is great for that. No interest in cameras either, but a friend of mine was always impressed by the camera.

The one I have is dual Sim and 128GB ram, theres about 200 apps on it, and I've never known it to be slow opening or hanging etc.

It also has a headphone jack.

Size wise, I don't put it in a shirt pocket, but it's fine in a suit jacket pocket or back pocket of chino's or jeans.

Its different looks wise too, most phones these days are black glass slabs front and back, the P10 is a kind of shimmery blue without a cover on.

Advertisement