Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

UAE, DUBAI/SABIS TEACHING!!

1707172737476»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Also interested but being put off by all the negative reviews. Hearing very few positive experiences

• Registered Users Posts: 1 tomhussey

I recently had my first skype interview in early December. since then I have filled out the follow up questionnaire and sent in my degree certificate and transcripts and have been sent an email saying the first round of interviews are coming to a close which was over a week ago now.
    has any one else heard about there second interview yet? and any idea when we will hear about it?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭KaneToad

I would recommend watching this before you go:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rFpM3SW1W3Y

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

KaneToad wrote: »
    I would recommend watching this before you go:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rFpM3SW1W3Y

Your job is to go over and teach not to get involved in family matters and affairs of state. You are a guest over there, not a citizen. It would serve you to remember your place in the pecking order.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Bitches Be Trypsin

Hey all, just wondering if anyone knows anything about the "analyst" roles with SABIS? you aren't teaching, you are writing books and exams and curriculums instead. Any info on salary/working hours etc would be appreciated :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Uae

Hey guys,

Anyone actually got recruited during their final year of studies? What were the requirements?

I'm in the application process, I completed the first interview, the questionnaire, sent my transcripts and waiting to hear from my references who are taking forever!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,127 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Going to bump this up, my other half (wife by the time we go) and I have secured jobs in Oman for September. Anybody else heading there or already there?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭LilyPool

I did the initial screening interview and was told they would be in contact about a final Skype interview later in March. I'm not available for the face-to-face interviews because I won't be back in Ireland until June, which they assured me was fine.

I've emailed them about a final Skype interview seeing as it's April now, but haven't heard back. Just wondering if others are in the same boat?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Parking Fine 11

Hi all,

Could I teach in Dubai with a level 8 diploma achieved through springboard?

Many Thanks

Hi all,

Could I teach in Dubai with a level 8 diploma achieved through springboard?

Many Thanks

Diploma in what?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Parking Fine 11

Diploma in what?

Leadership and development or change management. Ive seen that sometimes the requirement is only a level 8 qualification.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Ciaran795

Going to bump this up, my other half (wife by the time we go) and I have secured jobs in Oman for September. Anybody else heading there or already there?

Hi there, I've been working in Oman for the last three years and would highly recommend the place - it is a truly stunning country. Just check your inbox for the PM I sent you! :)

Ciaran795 wrote: »
    Hi there, I've been working in Oman for the last three years and would highly recommend the place - it is a truly stunning country. Just check your inbox for the PM I sent you! :)

Replied. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 EmmaC95

Going to bump this up, can anyone give me any info about Sabis, or just teaching in UAE in general? I’m thinking of submitting for 2020. I have an early childhood degree so assuming I’ll be put with younger kids but guess you just never know. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement