29-04-2021, 14:55   #451

Quote:
Originally Posted by xabi_a View Post
Sorry to read all the troubles and losses documented in this thread.

I got diagnosed positive 5 days ago. I went to a walk-in centre because I felt a bit under the weather but didn't have any covid specific symptoms. No fever, no cough. But positive anyway.

Since then I've had very slight symptoms: a little tired, an odd feeling in my throat, a slight headache. But I've been checking my temperature, blood oxygen levels and resting heartbeat and they're all fine. I'm working away at home, and exercising in the evenings. Today I feel fine.

I'm 56 and pretty healthy anyway, but probably very lucky. So for anyone testing positive, it doesn't necessarily have to be a bad experience.

My self-isolation finishes in 3 days. I'm just a bit nervous about going out and meeting people, especially elderly relatives. Is it really sure that we are no longer infectious 10 days after first symptoms?

Could you not go back to the walk in test centre and get tested again in 3 days to ease your mind?
Advertisement
30-04-2021, 08:47   #452
paw patrol

Hadn't seen this thread. about 2 week out of isolation.

all 5 of us had it. Caught it for somebody who travelled from abroad.
Oddly she had passed a test 48h before in order to fly into ireland.
Was a strange way to catch it considering all the non compliance we did over last 12 months.

wife and I had a few days of a temp (max 39c) and a cough that lingered for about 2 weeks but wasn't a severe cough.

temp went on a few days more than normal (according to GP). was a weird one in that I woke up fine then temp kicked in about 1700 everyday.
Felt tired from disjointed sleep but not from covid itself.
Cos I work at home I stayed working and just missed 3 days.

I feel good now no effects, wife says smell is hit and miss. She doesn't like coffee anymore which is a world ending event for her.

Kids - wouldn't know they had it.
In some ways was roughest on youngest (6) cos he initially was negative and then positive so did the longest isolation and had to talk to his pals out the window.

We would have been a healthy family with reasonable diet and all of us have sport/training in our schedule with no illnesses bar childhood asthma runs in the family.
(3) thanks from:
30-04-2021, 20:38   #453
Knine

After I last posted my support bubble person ended up in hospital on oxygen & my 18 year old daughter developed post covid symptoms & also had a trip to hospital. 4 weeks later & I needed antibiotics & steroids.

Now I am still coughing badly & probably more antibiotics. We had the SA Variant.
Thanks from:
02-05-2021, 11:31   #454
xabi_a

Quote:
Originally Posted by .42. View Post
Could you not go back to the walk in test centre and get tested again in 3 days to ease your mind?
They say you can't go to a walk-in test centre if you have tested positive in the last 6 months.
02-05-2021, 11:37   #455
o1s1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Stones View Post
Lately I'm noticing that chocolate gives me a sense of short breath, cough, or something lik this, a sense of slight choking in my throat.
Never had this feeling before, but I have it now, a year after the disease.

And for the taste, some foods still don't taste the same to me.

Sounds like you've potentially an acid reflux issue.

I thought I'd developed a lung condition back in January, difficulty breathing, coughing, turns out it was bad acid reflux.

Might be worth trying some Gaviscon and seeing if it helps.
Advertisement
03-05-2021, 08:47   #456
Irish Stones

Quote:
Originally Posted by o1s1n View Post
Sounds like you've potentially an acid reflux issue.

I thought I'd developed a lung condition back in January, difficulty breathing, coughing, turns out it was bad acid reflux.

Might be worth trying some Gaviscon and seeing if it helps.

Thanks for your reply.
Well, I know what an acid reflux feels like, because I used to have it in the past, and this is definitely different.
It's more like an "asthma" feeling right after eating chocolate. I didn't notice any similar symptoms after eating other kinds of food.
This symptom of mine would make me think more of a slight allergy to chocolate, and I hope it is not, because it's one of my favourite things in life
03-05-2021, 09:40   #457
odyssey06

Quote:
Thanks for your reply.
Well, I know what an acid reflux feels like, because I used to have it in the past, and this is definitely different.
It's more like an "asthma" feeling right after eating chocolate. I didn't notice any similar symptoms after eating other kinds of food.
This symptom of mine would make me think more of a slight allergy to chocolate, and I hope it is not, because it's one of my favourite things in life
Chocolate has a component theophylline which has special effects.
Suggest having a read of this.
https://asthma.net/living/the-effect...sume-chocolate
04-05-2021, 08:20   #458
Irish Stones

Quote:
Originally Posted by odyssey06 View Post
Chocolate has a component theophylline which has special effects.
Suggest having a read of this.
https://asthma.net/living/the-effect...sume-chocolate

That is an interesting article and gives me more excuses to eat more chocolate
But it seems I'm having the opposite effects from it, am I not?
04-05-2021, 08:25   #459
odyssey06

Quote:
That is an interesting article and gives me more excuses to eat more chocolate
But it seems I'm having the opposite effects from it, am I not?
Yeah it's a strange one, perhaps your chest is tighter than you realise and after eating the chocolate you are getting a weird feeling of it trying to open up.
Advertisement
04-05-2021, 08:49   #460
Irish Stones

Quote:
Originally Posted by odyssey06 View Post
Yeah it's a strange one, perhaps your chest is tighter than you realise and after eating the chocolate you are getting a weird feeling of it trying to open up.
I saw a pulmonologist last August because I wanted to make sure my breathing capacity was still fine three months after the covid (I had no symptoms during the disease).
The pulmonologist auscultated me and said all was fine, and he also ran a spirometry test who returned a perfect result "one of the best results I saw in my life" he said, so I think all is fine in that aspect.
Unless this has nothing to do with what you say.
Thanks from:
14-05-2021, 13:47   #461
JP Liz V1

Anyone experiencing hair loss, shredding loads, when brushing?
(2) thanks from:
14-05-2021, 13:58   #462
Irish Stones

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Liz V1 View Post
Me.
Hair loss is one of the symptoms post covid. One of the first persons to talk about it was the actress Alyssa Milano, you can find her video on the internet, where she shows how her hair remains in her brush.
(2) thanks from:
14-05-2021, 20:10   #463
fima

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Liz V1 View Post
I am however I thought it was because I had a baby 7 months ago. In hindsight it really ramped up after covid. Feck it anyway
Thanks from:
14-05-2021, 20:16   #464
JP Liz V1

Quote:
Me.
Hair loss is one of the symptoms post covid. One of the first persons to talk about it was the actress Alyssa Milano, you can find her video on the internet, where she shows how her hair remains in her brush.
Yes I remember that and some thought she was lying, milking it for media attention

I have to increase more vitamin E and B6 and collagen to hope to help with it
Thanks from:
17-05-2021, 17:40   #465
DvB

My sinuses started really bugging me the weekend before last, but put it down to hay fever or a cold as other than that felt fine. Started getting headaches early last week but they passed also. Slept poorly all week though but generally felt fine. Noticed a cough developing this weekend which i put down to a post nasal drip but my mrs started to feel poorly over the weekend so she rang the GP this morning who told us both to get tested. Went down to the walk in centre this morning & am now convinced after reading this threa that it'll come back positive.

The thing is how long do I need to isolate for if so? Reading the HSE website I've been sympotamic, havent had a fever & first had symptoms last Sunday wek back, so should be okay 10 days from then? Is that correct? Even though I'll have only gotten the reult in the next day or 2?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion