24-01-2021, 20:37   #271
Phil.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil.x View Post
High temp, stiff/strained eyes, lower back pain, loss of smell and taste, all lasted two to three days but 14 days after symptoms I still cannot smell or taste and it sometimes feels like a have something lodged in my throat.
So smell and taste are coming back slowly, but I now have what looks like a tonsil stone, feeling like I've a bit of swelling when I swallow.
Other that that I'm fine, back lifting some weights and a little running.
(First symptoms 4th jan)
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
24-01-2021, 21:13   #272
Cluedo Monopoly

Do you mind me asking what it's like to get a Covid test? Some people mentioned at the start that they found it quite 'invasive'.
24-01-2021, 21:24   #273
Ave Sodalis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cluedo Monopoly View Post
Do you mind me asking what it's like to get a Covid test? Some people mentioned at the start that they found it quite 'invasive'.

I got one last March/April, and whilst the throat swab was unusual but fine, the nose swab was horrid. It turns out I was negative, and I had a sinus infection so a swab was not ideal. I had lured myself into a false sense of security because I've had several cameras up my nasal passage so thought a swab would be a walk in the park.

The last time, I was expecting it to be far worse because of my previous experience and because I was sure it was just sinus again this time, but it wasn't as bad. My eyes didn't water like crazy at any rate. Anyone I know that got it and don't have chronic sinus problems seemed to find it okay, just uncomfortable.
Thanks from:
24-01-2021, 21:51   #274
darragh o meara

Quote:
It’s uncomfortable for a few seconds but you get over quick enough. I’ve had a few in the past few days and while I’ll never get used to them I can live with it.
Thanks from:
24-01-2021, 22:11   #275
Wibbs
Wibbed for your pleasure.

I've had quite a few because of work and I found it very much depends on whose doing it. Some are frankly bloody brutal at it and one I point blank refused their services. I have also found that early on in the game they were going much deeper with the nose swab, of late less so.
Advertisement
24-01-2021, 22:25   #276
AncaroImparo

I must also agree - have had a few - quiet invasive and far up the nose. Didnt find the throat swab as bad. Did others who had tests get both nostrils swabbed?
24-01-2021, 23:04   #277
SouthWesterly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer78 View Post
it makes sense to be tested, but i suspect id be the same, im not convinced i have it, i think its largely to do with being stuck indoors with central heating
The fun part will be tomorrow when I ask the gp who said she wouldn't see me, how I can be sure she's not got it. Has she been tested
(3) thanks from:
25-01-2021, 11:07   #278
roashter

In my mid 40s and my symptoms started Wednesday -cold/flu with a bad headache and this persisted for a few days.
Had test on Friday 14:30. It was my 2nd time getting test and while the nose swab is uncomfortable it was not as bad as first time.
Text message Saturday night 21:00 to confirm positive result.

So at moment now I have cold/flu like symptoms, shortness of breath (just going up the stairs), and feel quite fatigued. I'm taking paracetamol.
I am going to take a few days off work (thankfully still working and able to work from home), as I don't think I'd be able to do a full days work and feel drained.
I'll need to get a sick note from GP but not sure how long to request for. I'm guessing just a few days, but I don't want to come back to work and then find I'm shattered and regret not taking longer off.
Anyone have anything similar to this scenario?
Thanks from:
25-01-2021, 11:12   #279
JimmyVik

Quote:

Its fine. It only lasts for a second. Dont mind the people saying it hurts.

If you ever had to sniff that vicks stuff, well thats worse.

If youve ever got your teeth cleaned. Thats a thousand times more uncomfortable than the covid test.
Advertisement
25-01-2021, 11:18   #280
JimmyVik

I tested positive the other day.
Felt like i had a cold and the room was spinning for a few days before it. Oh and I can feel my heart beating in my chest, like when i exercise, but without exercising. Which is a good sign I guess
Fine now though. I wouldnt have even bothered getting tested only HR from work rang me when they heard i had a cold and insisted i get tested.
Dont know where I got it as I havent been in contact with anyone since Christmas Day.
Even then it was from a distance.
I havent been outside the door since Christmas day.
(2) thanks from:
25-01-2021, 11:33   #281
ShineOn7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyVik View Post
Dont know where I got it as I havent been in contact with anyone since Christmas Day.
Even then it was from a distance.
I havent been outside the door since Christmas day.

That part is mental

Any home grocery deliveries or Amazon deliveries etc?
25-01-2021, 11:37   #282
JimmyVik

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineOn7 View Post
That part is mental
Any home grocery deliveries or Amazon deliveries etc?

Had groceries delivered a couple of times. Left in a bag on the door step. Had the normal post alright, including from Amazon.
Cant think of any other contact though.
(2) thanks from:
25-01-2021, 11:40   #283
ShineOn7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyVik View Post
Had groceries delivered a couple of times. Left in a bag on the door step. Had the normal post alright, including from Amazon.
Cant think of any other contact though.

It sounds like the deliveries are the only way it got into your house though, right?
25-01-2021, 11:45   #284
JimmyVik

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineOn7 View Post
It sounds like the deliveries are the only way it got into your house though, right?

Probably, but thats a scary thought for the rest of the population.
100% of households are either getting deliveries or going to the shops.
I had post maybe twice a week on average and two grocery deliveries.
(2) thanks from:
25-01-2021, 11:47   #285
Mango Joe

Can anyone who has been through this please recommend practical steps or preparation in setting up at home to get through it easier?

We've one bedroom with an en-suite, plan is to move in there with a TV, Books and lots of paracetamol til its over..... Any other tips and advice?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion