03-02-2011, 22:22   #1

Canvassing against FF.

I want to get out in my area and canvass against FF. Would this be ok I wonder. I dont have any connections to any political parties or independants.

If ok, FF has done so much damage. What kind of info could I provide on an a5 sized page. Seems as if I would need a library on my back to do so.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
03-02-2011, 22:31   #2

woudnt know about the legal side of things but id imagine they couldnt do much to stop you isnt this ment to be a democracy after all???i think ''witholding their democratic right of a by election from the people of donegal'' would be a nice start on your leaflet...really pissed me off...and im from munster like
Thanks from:
03-02-2011, 22:35   #3

I think it's a waste of time really. People who are still willing to vote FF after everything they have done won't be convinced otherwise by some anti-FFer knocking on there door.
03-02-2011, 22:36   #4
loldog

I'm sure you have every right to do that, nobody could stop you.

03-02-2011, 23:16   #5

It's a democracy we live in, and people can put there opinion out there should they feel the need. It would be different alright from a householder's point of view to see just one person standing at the door without all the party paraphernelia.
Advertisement
03-02-2011, 23:24   #6

It's a bit pointless doing it ,if thats all labour and the leftovers alliance are doing.
03-02-2011, 23:25   #7
Baralis1

There's no law against it and you are perfectly entitled to do it but you run the risk of looking like a crank by doing so.
03-02-2011, 23:41   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovesleep View Post
I want to get out in my area and canvass against FF. Would this be ok I wonder. I dont have any connections to any political parties or independants.

If ok, FF has done so much damage. What kind of info could I provide on an a5 sized page. Seems as if I would need a library on my back to do so.
Do what I'm going to do and wait until the FF canvassers arrive, and then follow them to every house so that you're arriving right behind them and their lies and spin don't get a chance to sink in.

That said, I do think it's a waste, as the only people who would entertain FF at this stage are the die-hards; you could well be preaching to the 86% converted.
03-02-2011, 23:46   #9
Baralis1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam Byrne View Post
Do what I'm going to do and wait until the FF canvassers arrive, and then follow them to every house so that you're arriving right behind them and their lies and spin don't get a chance to sink in.

That said, I do think it's a waste, as the only people who would entertain FF at this stage are the die-hards; you could well be preaching to the 86% converted.
So they don't have a democratic right to canvass without being harassed?
Advertisement
03-02-2011, 23:49   #10
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baralis1 View Post
Rights? They should be locked up for economic treason. Nevermind rights.
Thanks from:
03-02-2011, 23:54   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baralis1 View Post
Who's harassing them ? I'm simply approaching the householder 2 mins later to state my case.

If they're allowed to do that, then so am I.
(2) thanks from:
03-02-2011, 23:56   #12
Baralis1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim236 View Post
Rights? They should be locked up for economic treason. Nevermind rights.
I'm of the opinion that the economic crisis should be looked on logically while weighing up the facts. Its true the government made mistakes and deserve a term in opposition. Fourteen years is too long in power anyway. But economic treason, please, that sounds like a tabloid headline. I didn't hear Enda Kenny standing up in between 2002 and 2007 demanding the banks be more closely regulated or warning of a property boom.
Thanks from:
03-02-2011, 23:59   #13
Baralis1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam Byrne View Post
Who's harassing them ? I'm simply approaching the householder 2 mins later to state my case.

If they're allowed to do that, then so am I.

They're not following you, you're following them. Therefore you are not comparing like with like. And it is harassment if you are following them around. Plus you must doubt the validity of your arguments if you feel people may vote FF without you arriving 2 mins later to persuade them otherwise.
04-02-2011, 00:03   #14

You can do it OP, nobody stopping you from knocking on doors

But get that list together and be coherent, no point ranting on different topics on somebody's doorstep. I'm not saying you ever meant to do this.

Have your lists and examples ready.

You are going to be asked who you represent so and when you say nobody but I'm against some local candidates, you'll be getting a followup question

Just think of your answers to the questions. Most people will ask the same few questions, fairly predictable
04-02-2011, 00:04   #15
zoeczk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovesleep View Post

how about a slice of cheese!! that was their solution http://www.mrlukeabbott.com/page/3/

Last edited by zoeczk; 04-02-2011 at 00:12.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion