Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

'After hours in the Idios Kosmos' - Free Album download

• 16-05-2007 2:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭

i625517_albumcover.jpg

Maximum Homosapien presents:
    ‘After hours in the Idios Kosmos’
    by Andrew Galvin

1 Intention
    2 Tom waits for no man
    3 Meditation on departure
    4 Yaphet Kotto smile
    5 + | -
    6 Sigil
    7 Bakers Dozen
    8 Django goes to college
    9 Undone
    10 The language of whores and threes

maximumhomosapien@campus.ie

So what’s all this about then?

Well, I’m in a RAWK! Band called Aurel, and while I thoroughly enjoy working in this idiom it is an inescapable fact that man cannot live on big muff alone. I realized about a month ago I have about 40 plus solo songs recorded that I’m quite proud of and if further whittled down to 11 might hold some merit for others.

What’s it sound like?

Dunno. Classic Jazz songwriting could be the biggest influence but that doesn’t tell the whole story. Best I can do is say it’s got some guitar songs, some piano songs, some interesting production, a tribute to Gorecki, some clarimanet, a class jazz drum solo by my mate omar and some chilling examples of after hours in my Idios Kosmos.

Do you enjoy..

Tom waits, Django Reinhardt, Chet Baker, smashing pumpkins, Nick Drake, great songwriting, lyrics and vocals? Me too.

Download the entire album for free from here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/ds5tw4

For best results listen alone, hammered and maudlin.

Comments

Advertisement