Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

starting sea swimming

• 03-05-2021 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭

Going to start sea swimming this week ..just wondering what do u normally do with ur car keys as id be nervous leaving them with clothes..
    also i have a wet

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭rostalof

Going to start sea swimming this week ..just wondering what do u normally do with ur car keys as id be nervous leaving them with clothes..
    also i have a wet

These are handy. https://www.wetsuitoutlet.ie/keypod-5gs-key-safe-xk02-new-tougher-construction-p-17207.html

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭cuculainn

Starting back open water swimming myself soon. So I got a tow float that has storage in it. Will probably need to out keys in another bag to be sure they don't get wet, but thought this was a good option as confidence wouldn't be what it was when I last did ows last

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭freddie1970

the float bag looks to be a good idea..would i be warm enough in the suit without the booties or gloves

the float bag looks to be a good idea..would i be warm enough in the suit without the booties or gloves
    Well I will only be swimming between mid may to October at the latest so no gloves/booties/ hats (neoprene) needed. That's lake swimming to which is cooler than the sea in general

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭freddie1970

cuculainn wrote: »
    Well I will only be swimming between mid may to October at the latest so no gloves/booties/ hats (neoprene) needed. That's lake swimming to which is cooler than the sea in general

Have you swam in any of the lakes in cavan by any chance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 kiwiok

The boots are great. I swim with just swimsuit and boots and find them a lifesaver when it’s very cold. Your feet and hands really feel it. Do you need full wetsuit? The vests are really handy and so much easier to get off than a wetsuit. Enjoy it.

Have you swam in any of the lakes in cavan by any chance

No! East Galway/Roscommon

Advertisement