02-04-2021, 05:20   #421
Piollaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Donald Trump View Post
That sounds horrible, hope it clears up asap.
I hope you recover quickly. I didn't realise how bad the rashes can be. Lots of pictures here:

https://covid.joinzoe.com/us-post/skin-covid
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
02-04-2021, 07:58   #422
Wanderer78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piollaire
I hope you recover quickly. I didn't realise how bad the rashes can be. Lots of pictures here:
Jesus, it's one messed up virus, I wish you all the best folks in your recovery
02-04-2021, 09:06   #423
picturehangup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knine View Post
A full week now. It was the very first symptom. Plus some fairly shocking rashes! I took pictures.
I was admitted to A and E with really bad hives last December 2020. I couldn't breathe properly, and thinking perhaps I actually had covid then. I was treated for anaphylactic shock via drip with cortisol and something else I can't recall.
Those hives are dangerous, and I had them in my mouth and throat, in my ears, just everywhere. I would get that rash checked out, if you still have it.
After three hours on the drip, the rash disappeared, never had it again. Take good care of yourself, hope you get better soon.
(2) thanks from:
02-04-2021, 13:28   #424
Irish Stones

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Liz V1 View Post
Anyone having trouble sleeping since having it, my sleep all over the place
Not really a sleeping disorder, but when I had just recovered from the coronavirus (end of April 2020), I started having nightmares (absolutely scaring nightmares!) every single night, for at least 4 months, maybe longer.
Lately I am feeling sleepy all the time, I would sleep just everywhere, the floor would do too. And it's nearly a year now.

Along with a weakness and lack of motivation in everything I (should) do.
02-04-2021, 17:44   #425
JP Liz V1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer78 View Post
Already have sleep issues, getting vaccine next week, so should be interesting, thankfully didn't get covid, any other issues, post covid?
I still have sore back too
Thanks from:
Advertisement
02-04-2021, 17:48   #426
Wanderer78

Quote:
I still have sore back too
have you been advised on what to do about it?
04-04-2021, 01:34   #427
JP Liz V1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer78 View Post
have you been advised on what to do about it?
My doctor prescribed Difene / Diclac
Thanks from:
04-04-2021, 07:55   #428
JPup

Quote:
Yes I've heard from a front line worker who got the flu and lost her taste and smell once getting first dose of the vaccine
It’s much more like a that she caught Covid than the flu, no? I thought the flu was more or less eliminated in Ireland this year but Covid still widespread.
Thanks from:
04-04-2021, 13:10   #429
FrankC21

Happy Easter!
Advertisement
04-04-2021, 18:22   #430
JP Liz V1

https://www.echolive.ie/corklives/arid-40257776.html
(2) thanks from:
04-04-2021, 22:47   #431
martin101

Tested positive on Wednesday and have been relatively ok. Just no energy and just don't feel right. But today my sense of smell has changed. It's not gone but its like stuff now almost stings my nose. If I had vinegar on my dinner or salt and vinegar crisps. The vinegar smell would be its like x10 and almost catch the back of my throat. Made a sandwich today and put a tiny bit of mustard on the bread and it was like I snorted it up my nose it felt so strong. Weird, unpleasant feeling.
(3) thanks from:
06-04-2021, 07:53   #432
Irish Stones

Quote:
"IN the first few months of the pandemic a year ago, health experts believed Covid-19 was generally a mild infection that would pass pretty quickly for the majority of people, with a small percentage of patients needing serious hospital treatment."

In an interview I saw yesterday on TV, a long Covid patient said that she felt sick a year ago, and the doctors at that time didn't know anything about the disease. She complained that in March 2020 nobody had told her about the long covid and how to deal with it, and she had to find that out on her own.

She said she suffers from a few issues, but the most annoying is the lack of motivation in everything she does. She's an artist in the metal handcrafts, and she said this is affecting a lot on her job.

So, this is another case of lack or loss of motivation and interest.

What is really disturbing, in my point of view, is that a year later doctors still know very little about this. I wonder when they have the answers.
Thanks from:
08-04-2021, 00:24   #433
jack747

This is a bit bizarre but wondering has anyone a similar experience.

Tested positive in early Jan, smell and taste completely went and then came back fully in mid February.

It had been fine till recently but had a bottle of Coke last week and it tasted very off and strange(horrible taste, I usually am a big fan). Tasted it again today and it was the same. Anyone notice a difference in taste in coke or any other Fizzy drinks?
Thanks from:
08-04-2021, 00:34   #434

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knine View Post
Going to see if they can do anything tomorrow! It is very bad tonight! I can't wear a watch etc
I've heard of people having this problem with skin during and after infection.

They got creams etc but you can't put it everywhere. Eventually got prescribed a steroid tablet and it went.

Sounds awful and hope you are all feeling better now.
Thanks from:
08-04-2021, 01:05   #435
TheValeyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack747 View Post
This is a bit bizarre but wondering has anyone a similar experience.

Tested positive in early Jan, smell and taste completely went and then came back fully in mid February.

It had been fine till recently but had a bottle of Coke last week and it tasted very off and strange(horrible taste, I usually am a big fan). Tasted it again today and it was the same. Anyone notice a difference in taste in coke or any other Fizzy drinks?
Can happen. I was randomly getting burning smells for a while after or Sulphur. Thought my house was on fire one night.
(2) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion