Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Father Neil Horan

Options
  • 09-07-2005 1:20am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭

You all remember him...

father20neil20horan2020corneli.jpg

3914009greeceolympicsmarathons.jpg

fatherneilhoran2lv.jpg

Is Father Neil Horan a Legend Of Boards...? 46 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    15% 7 votes
    Atari Jaguar
    84% 39 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

More like a disgrace of boards

big no from me

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

More like a disgrace of Irish...

If that wasn't a Mac G5 he was carrying, I'd wish death upon him...

*Shakes his head*
    ...God bless the G5...
    *Shakes his head again*...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Glipmac

Who? I maybe a little slow here but who is he?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Glipmac wrote:
    Who? I maybe a little slow here but who is he?

You dont remember the mad ex priest who ran out at a F1 race...?he also stoped some poor Brazilian chap getting gold at the Olympics.

A complete spacer

what year did this happen? i need more info please

The olympic fiasco happened last year, during the Marathon I think. The dude who was in front was pushed off course by this mad priest, almost tripped. Athlete ended up 3rd or 4th.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Glipmac wrote:
    what year did this happen? i need more info please

On 20 July 2003, Horan ran across the track at the British Grand Prix at (Click link for more info and facts about Silverstone Circuit) Silverstone Circuit, wearing a (A knee-length pleated tartan skirt worn by men in the Highlands of northern Scotland) kilt and waiving a religious banner. His protest took place on the 200mph Hangar Straight. Several of the drivers had to swerve to avoid him and the (Click link for more info and facts about safety car) safety car had to be deployed to protect competitors. Horan was tackled by a race marshal, and arrested. He was charged with and pleaded guilty to aggrevated trespass and sentenced to two months' (The act of confining someone in a prison (or as if in a prison)) imprisonment.

On August 29, 2004, Horan, who had flown to Athens earlier that day, ran onto the course of the marathon near the 35 km mark, pushing (Click link for more info and facts about Vanderlei de Lima) Vanderlei de Lima from (The largest Latin American country and the largest Portuguese speaking country in the world; located in the central and northeastern part of South America; world's leading coffee exporter) Brazil, the race leader, into the crowds alongside the course. He held a placard saying:

The Grand Prix priest. Israel fulfillment of prophecy says the (The sacred writings of the Christian religions) Bible, the second coming is near.

Horan was hauled off the shaken runner by spectators and was promptly arrested by Greek police. Although security for the Olympics was tight because of a feared (A surprise attack involving the deliberate use of violence against civilians in the hope of attaining political or religious aims) terrorist attack, protecting the 26 (A unit of length equal to 1760 yards) mile long (A battle in 490 BC in which the Athenians and their allies defeated the Persians) marathon course was more difficult, though the Greek police were criticised for not taking closer order with the runners. De Lima finished third, although how Horan's actions affected him are unclear as he lost 10-15 seconds from his 48 second lead, and was passed by an Italian and an American runner at the 38 km mark. De Lima was also seen with a possible leg injury following the encounter with Horan, yet he continued the race.

What a tosser! he realy is a twat! i dont think he's a ledge at all if anything he should be put under a new heading BIGGEST IDOTS EVER! Definate NO here...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

I sort of feel sorry for ppl like Fr Horan who consider themselves Irish, for he brings no good to our reputation and ashames us.

Definately a NO from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,294 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

He is something.....but not a legend. I can't write what he is because it just comes as stars on boards ***** :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

no he is an idiot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭airetam_storm

Atari Jaguar.

*slumps back down and gets the nursing home maid to wipe the dribble from beard*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

No that F88king ejdoit should spend the rest of his days in a rubber room.
    Or at the very least his should be locked up every GP weekend, for the 6 weeks of the olympics, when the World Cup is on etc.
    Yeap safer just to lock him up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Stephanos

Does it prove that loons cannot become legends?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭KroG

The way i see it he isn't a priest and i think he was cast from the church because of his views and actions*I Think* But he is just a complete physco who should be in a mental hospital and the key thrown away.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭StonedParadoX

a legend ?..

did he used to come here??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

Biggest tw*t award , he should be put down!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

They should have sent him to a Brazilian prison.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭Naos

Hes a ****ing idiot. So no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭o Fiac

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

lol he should be in the next "just for men ad" :D

Advertisement