Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Family Guy

Options
  • 11-05-2005 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭

Reasons:
    • When the Simpsons began to wane, it filled the animation void... and then some!
    • It has the ability to make me cry with laughter with one minute facial expression
    • Every episode is a gem, they dont make bad episodes
    • People power got the show back on the air, which says it all. Its just a pity people power wont do the opposite to the simpsons, which is way beyond its sell-by date.
    • Each character is a legend, theres no dry wood there to make up the numbers.
    • Two Words: Stewie Griffin
    • It isn't afraid to "go there"... (e.g. - The Lindberghs, JonBenet Ramsey, etc...)
    • Plenty of references to literature - Dostoyevski, Marlowe, Oscar Wilde etc...
    • So many spoof moments of TV Shows, Films, Actors, Shatner etc...

Family Guy 74 votes

Yay
    0% 0 votes
    Nay
    100% 74 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

Yes definatley.

This should be a public poll so we can see who said no if they arent prepared to say why.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

yes yes yes, words right out of mouth!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Sorry. Is there a way I can edit the poll?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Sorry. Is there a way I can edit the poll?

I doubt it. Doesnt matter anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,294 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Well series 4 so far is not as good as what it used to be.....I hope they haven't run out of good idea already..... :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

series 4 is still very good. FamGuy deserves a forum, even if it's only for a month.
    Anybody see the one with stewie and bin laden getting through the x-ray? Legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Well series 4 so far is not as good as what it used to be.....I hope they haven't run out of good idea already..... :(
    ep1 was fantastic, ep2 not so. I'm still optimistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

*bump

ahem.

ep1 was fantastic, ep2 not so. I'm still optimistic.
    Hopefully ep3 "Revenge of the Peter" should be bril.

GROANNNNN :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

The episode with Bill Shatner getting killed was one of the funniest pieces of animation I've ever seen. A big YAY from me. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Dman_15

who voted 'nay' :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭petals

yes yes yes.
    Family guy is cool

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭gobby

Family Guy is class. Much better than the Simpsons (and I love the simpsons!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

As the song says -
    "Lucky theres a Family Guy! Lucky theres a man who positively can do all the things that make us (Stewie) - Laugh and Cry! - He's. A. Fam. Ly. Guuuuuuy"

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

this is the best animation! stewie griffin is the best! my bro does a great impression of peter, it's so funny! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

Haven't seen the paper boy today....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Yay, I say.

Yay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

oh by the by is it true that they gave Stewie a new voice for the new series? Apologies if thats already been said, and I havnt seen it yet so I wouldnt know.

Le Rack wrote:
    oh by the by is it true that they gave Stewie a new voice for the new series? Apologies if thats already been said, and I havnt seen it yet so I wouldnt know.
    Doesn't seem new to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Best TV show of all time. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭cmcquaid

whats the story with series 4 how have so many people seen it already is it on sky or something?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

eh the first episode was on the net before it was on TV tbh.

Advertisement