Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Carpenter/cabinet maker in Meath/Dublin/kildare

Options
  • 27-05-2016 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭

After a disaster with using tradesmen.ie, in hoping some boardsies could recommend a carpenter or cabinet maker to make built in units for a living room and to fit ikea units to our utility. Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

yellow hen wrote: »
    After a disaster with using tradesmen.ie, in hoping some boardsies could recommend a carpenter or cabinet maker to make built in units for a living room and to fit ikea units to our utility. Thanks.

I thought all tradesmen.ie were vetted and came highly reccomended.

Silly me:rolleyes:

No doubt you will get sorted here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

It always amazes me working around these " busy areas" the amount of folk that don't know any quality trades people.
    Ask around friends ,family , work colleagues even your local builders providers
    ( not Woodies or b&q) the smaller ones that would have a constant stream of regular busy trades people getting their supplies.
    There's no better recommendation than word of mouth especially someone that's had them in for work already.
    You shouldn't have much of a problem getting someone in your area as there is a good bit happening around that Lenister area. Be prepared to have to wait a bit as someone once said" always get someone that's to busy to do your job ". Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭yellow hen

kadman wrote: »
    I thought all tradesmen.ie were vetted and came highly reccomended.

Silly me:rolleyes:

No doubt you will get sorted here.

Sorry, is the sarcasm directed at me?

It always amazes me working around these " busy areas" the amount of folk that don't know any quality trades people.
    Ask around friends ,family , work colleagues even your local builders providers
    ( not Woodies or b&q) the smaller ones that would have a constant stream of regular busy trades people getting their supplies.
    There's no better recommendation than word of mouth especially someone that's had them in for work already.
    You shouldn't have much of a problem getting someone in your area as there is a good bit happening around that Lenister area. Be prepared to have to wait a bit as someone once said" always get someone that's to busy to do your job ". Good luck.

Thanks. Neither of us are from the area and we only moved here a few months ago so still don't know that many people. Tradesmen from our home counties don't want to travel up either. We'll try the local builders providers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

In fairness to Kadman he's one of the most helpfull lads around here I'd confidently say his sarcasm is directed towards tradesman.ie as good an idea the site is in principle ,it's akin to buying a pig in a poke you could get lucky more than likely you won't. Anyone that's good generally doesn't bother to much with advertising unless their bespoke and only have a small market to cater for.

If it's possible ask a few neighbours maybe.

• Advertisement

Definitely not directed towards you, apologies if you thought it was.

Directed at tradesman.ie. This site blows its trumpet to the tune of " our

members are the creme de la creme of the trades people".

And i was under the impression that their members work was guaranteed to

be of a high quality, and that you had some feedback their to voice your

opinions if you were unfortunate enough to be let down by them.

Hope you get sorted:)

Definitely not directed towards you, apologies if you thought it was.

Directed at tradesman.ie. This site blows its trumpet to the tune of " our

members are the creme de la creme of the trades people".

And i was under the impression that their members work was guaranteed to

be of a high quality, and that you had some feedback their to voice your

opinions if you were unfortunate enough to be let down by them.

Hope you get sorted:)

Thanks for that. In that case, I totally agree with you. We used someone recently for a major job and his feedback was good and he was a nice guy who talked a good game. He was a joke.n We're furious to be honest and I'll be writing a detailed feedback on his work and probably professionalism (or lack thereof).

We'll try ask around locally.

Thanks for that. In that case, I totally agree with you. We used someone recently for a major job and his feedback was good and he was a nice guy who talked a good game. He was a joke.n We're furious to be honest and I'll be writing a detailed feedback on his work and probably professionalism (or lack thereof).

We'll try ask around locally.

Well whatever you do, no naming and shaming please.

We dont want to place boards.ie in any legal fire fight. I,m sure
    you understand

Discuss the job by all means

Well whatever you do, no naming and shaming please.

We dont want to place boards.ie in any legal fire fight. I,m sure
    you understand

Discuss the job by all means

Sorry, I meant I'll be writing the feedback for the tradesmen.ie website where we are invited to do so. I've also given the guy in question several opportunities to make amends and told him we'll be leaving poor feedback otherwise. I certainly wouldn't name anyone here.

Sorry, I meant I'll be writing the feedback for the tradesmen.ie website where we are invited to do so. I've also given the guy in question several opportunities to make amends and told him we'll be leaving poor feedback otherwise. I certainly wouldn't name anyone here.

I think you are doing the right thing. We dont complain enough in circumstances like these.

The fact that you gave the guy a chance to make amends, is admiral
    on your part.

Others would have just sent for Frankie fourfingers.

• Advertisement

I think you are doing the right thing. We dont complain enough in circumstances like these.

The fact that you gave the guy a chance to make amends, is admiral
    on your part.

Others would have just sent for Frankie fourfingers.

I didn't have Frankies number otherwise I might have done so.....

Advertisement