Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this a Facebook SCAM??

• 04-04-2012 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

Ok so, I seen a competition on Facebook I said I would give a go, all I had to do was tag myself to the picture of which ever prize I would like to win.. So when winner's were announced it turned out I won the prize I had wanted. They said I was to email them for a voucher claim number, which i did.. 3 weeks have passed and I've heard nothing back from them.
    So, I contacted the company the prize was actually from, they in turn told me and I quote

"WE didn’t do any competition, we did propose a deal to them but no one at that company reply to our mail.
    I am sorry but you will need to try to contact them"

What would you think or do???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

If you can, contact whoever ran the competition. If they don't reply, write it off as a little time lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭PammyD

Yeah iv tried contacting them through email and facebook but they wont reply... Soooo i suppose writing it off is all i can do...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

A scam. It is a breach of Facebook policy to use a native FB function to enter a competition. It's another breach to ask people to tag photos that they are not in.

What was the page or competition that you entered?

I really hope you didn't give them too much personal info when you were "claiming" your prize. It's another breach of policy for the promoter to ask you to email them.

What should you do? Don't enter a competition like this again!

I didnt give them any personal information at all... The site is called Todays Deals.ie.. I think they are chancing their arm, I was in contact with a local company who told me they were also in talks with the site but nothing had been confirmed despite me seeing 2 special offers for their company on the Todays Deals' site...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

I'd report the page. I know it's not a huge deal because you didn't loose anything but I'd find it frustrating that a company would stage a competition to get a few extra likes instead of just earning them from their service/content.

• Advertisement

I have done, its ridiculous but i guess there are chancers out there regardless... Pity though cause i never win anything and was sooo delighted haha.. oh well...

Advertisement