Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Loads on flights during the lockdown

• 31-05-2020 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭

Curious about how many passengers are actually on flights to or from lisbon/Berlin/my/Chicago etc in recent weeks. Is it 2 or 20 or 200 passengers?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

TheDriver wrote: »
    Curious about how many passengers are actually on flights to or from lisbon/Berlin/my/Chicago etc in recent weeks. Is it 2 or 20 or 200 passengers?

Was talking to someone today and heard Aerligus Dublin to London about 20 passengers each way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭kevinandrew

Seen a number of social media posts from passengers showing their empty flights, quite a few examples of empty Aer Lingus A330s, just two or three people visible in the mid cabin. There were 7-10 people on a mid-week A321LR flight from Heathrow.

Haven't seen many examples from Ryanair, initially they experienced far more 'no shows' early on in the crisis as people started to take it upon themselves to avoid Spain, Italy etc. and eventually this escalated into the ongoing cancellation/refunds fiasco.

Even if lockdowns measures are fully lifted, it's going to be an uphill struggle to get those flights anywhere near consistently full again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I was thinking that. I'm assuming Ryanair is getting on low loads but they don't have to refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,729 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

I heard on the radio that ordinarily on a Jun Bank Holiday weekend 200,000 would flow through Dublin and it was expected to be just 2000 this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Some day last week 931 people passed through the airport. 105,000 the same day in 2019.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭geecee

A colleague of mine flew KLM to AMS on Sunday may 2th and the flight was full… Admittedly it was a smallish (2-2 seat) Embraer, but it was at capacity all the same

Advertisement