Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

COVID Gap Year

• 26-05-2020 5:13pm

I think we're all annoyed about how 2020 played out. I had a few simple objectives like graduating school, getting my driving license and working my ass off during the summer for college. Now I feel denied and just don't think I can progress to the next chapter of life. I was already in a tricky spot financially as my parents earn above any SUSI threshold but have made it clear that I can expect little to no support as they have plans of their own. So I either go to college and get a mediocre experience in the form of online lessons( for the foreseeable future) or wait until the storm passes while working to save up. I'm tempted about the latter. I'll be able to get my driving license(assuming the backlog clears), learn life skills like cooking and realize how **** life would be without any further education. I highly doubt the academic year of 2020/21 will be pleasant assuming the virus sticks around. Obviously these are my personal circumstances, but I'd appreciate any advice.

Advertisement