Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best PS4 headset for PSVR?

• 25-05-2020 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭

Hey guys looking for advice please. Looking for best headset that can be used with PSVR. Would have to have wired option for the 3D audio effect but I’d like wireless option too if possible. I bought the platinum headset but find it very uncomfortable. Your suggestions would be very welcome. If it had Bluetooth too so I can use for Apple TV that would be a real bonus but not essential.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Not sure I understand the question. There is only one headset that can be used with PSVR. The only wireless VR headsets I'm aware of are Oculus Quest and Oculus Go but you can't use them with PSVR.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

In this case headset means headphones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭coolisin

Like audio etc it is all personal choice, tied to budget!

Any stereo Headphones work as they need to be plugged in to the headset.

I personally prefer over ear chunky ones, as i dislike the feeling earbuds/in-ears give you after a while.

I've had various sets, as I use a lot with work, so I have ranged from a €30 pair off thomann.de up to a €500 studio ones.
    with various sets in-between, TBH other then comfort very little separates them.

My expensive ones are very very comfortable and light but can get caught on the headset a little but the way i wear it that is rare.
    The cheap ones i used i found very light and fit my ears nicely but not putting pressure on side of the head, and for €30 where actually decent audio wise.

But its all a personal choice with head and ear shape I find.

Also with the studio sets you find they will have a longer cable which may get in your way, Im so used to them whats another cable with the PSVR headset :D

One set I think looks interesting are the bionik mantis clip on headphones, but they are only for use with the headset.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,609 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I got a pair of Sennheiser 598 open back phones when they were still selling them

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-HD-598-Discontinued-manufacturer-Black/dp/B06WRMZZ45

Perfect comfortable fit over the headset, plus the open back means you can hear what's going on around you without having to activate the audio-passthrough feature

There's probably similar models out there, but the open-back aspect is key I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭coolisin

mrcheez wrote: »
    I got a pair of Sennheiser 598 open back phones when they were still selling them

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-HD-598-Discontinued-manufacturer-Black/dp/B06WRMZZ45

Perfect comfortable fit over the headset, plus the open back means you can hear what's going on around you without having to activate the audio-passthrough feature

There's probably similar models out there, but the open-back aspect is key I reckon.

Couldn't remember the model of them they are comfy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,609 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

coolisin wrote: »
    Couldn't remember the model of them they are comfy.

Actually these seem to be the updated model

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-Special-Open-Headphone-Black/dp/B07Q7S7247/

currently on sale too

Tip... if buying them, get an extra 3.5mm cable that is short (maybe 2 ft) as the one in the box is pretty damned long

Advertisement