Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mexican Pine Warped

Options
  • 14-05-2020 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭

Hi all,

Wondering if there is anything I could do to restore some of the panels on a kitchen table.
    It's been warped by sunlight I presume.I've put gorilla wood glue and clamped it/weighed it down.but to no avail...could I sand/plane it back will I need new panels??
    Any help hugely appreciated....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭niallo76

Here's pictures or the warped Mexican pine table.

You can plane it but there’s clearly no mechanical bond with the framework, just finish nailed from the top IMHO, rip and replace the panels with pine project boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭niallo76

JayZeus wrote: »
    You can plane it but there’s clearly no mechanical bond with the framework, just finish nailed from the top IMHO, rip and replace the panels with pine project boards.

thanks a million for this.

Advertisement