Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

UFC 249 - Ferguson v Gaethje Sat May 9th

Options
  • 09-05-2020 8:26pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭

cyVnW08.png

Hall vs Jacare cancelled.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Axwell wrote: »
    Hall vs Jacare cancelled.

That's a shame, was looking forward to watching Hall - such a wizard on the ground.

Still, shows the risks the UFC are taking with a fighter having shown up with the virus.

I'll be tuning in, as it's the only sport up and running worldwide bar the Taiwanese baseball league or something, but it's still probably too soon. Not that anyone was going to talk sense into Dana White.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,341 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Yurt! wrote: »
    That's a shame, was looking forward to watching Hall - such a wizard on the ground.

Still, shows the risks the UFC are taking with a fighter having shown up with the virus.

You’re thinking of Ryan Hall I assume? It’s actually Uriah who was scheduled to fight tonight, Ryan’s a featherweight.

Personally I’d rather watch Ryan too, a wizard on the ground indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,195 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Anyone have experience of downloading a sky recording to a tablet?

I know you can download some recordings to watch offline but not all.

Never tried with sport before.

I'm working half 8 to 4 tomorrow and I want to watch at work.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

martyos121 wrote: »
    You’re thinking of Ryan Hall I assume? It’s actually Uriah who was scheduled to fight tonight, Ryan’s a featherweight.

Yes! I was thinking of Ryan Hall. I was scratching my head a bit as to why he was fighting Jacare. I knew he fought Penn but wasn't sure what weight it was at.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

it's a great card, i might even stay up for it. i mean it's not like there's anything else to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

I’ll be recording .

If cowboy shows up , which I doubt he will , him and Pettis is an exciting fight .

Hope t ferg does the business

• Registered Users Posts: 37,498 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

So just on Jacare, his wife had covid-19 and he told the UFC and apparently they told him it was ok. Like you are potentially playing with people's lives here.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

No moral grandstanding by me or any one of us is gonna stop this card taking place, so I'll be staying up and enjoying it with as much enthusiasm as any card.

Really looking forward to this later!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭PyreOfHellfire

I look forward to the Waterson Esparza fight going to the ground, for obvious reasons :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

Less than an hour to go on Fight Pass now, chilling out on the sofa now, aiming to stay up as late as possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭Beersmith

I look forward to the Waterson Esparza fight going to the ground, for obvious reasons :o

I don't get it. Cause Waterston has bad grappling and carla good?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Wooooo, let's go. I was going to catch this all tomorrow but now that it's started I think I might stay up for the night!

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭undertaker fan 88

Wouldn't be a huge UFC fan but with no live sports and being off work on a sat night for a change a few bottles and this show is very appealing ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭mangobob

This is so weird. I can hear these guys panting in the ring lol. Such a bizarre atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This is brilliantly bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

These early prelims are always empty anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 itsGOOSEYx

Loving how you can hear all the shots!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

Such a strange atmosphere and event. Decent warm up fight, Spann holding on at the end there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

Always amazes me how the prelims get so little attention. The arena’s empty ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

wait till ya see the main event:D

• Advertisement

Can you win that competition and skip the dinner with Halle Berry?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭selassie

amazing grappling from Bryce Mitchell so far, might be a good match for Ryan Hall?

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DVD-Lots

Was just saying to my mates (skype call) that this is worse than facing Ryan Hall, beast.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 mic2727

How can i watch this?? Bt sport doesnt seem to let me sign up if im not in UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭mangobob

I normally dont care much for JJ-heavy fights, but this has been absolutely mesmerising.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

What a beautiful performance by Mitchell!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Thug Nasty totally dominant, really impressive performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DVD-Lots

Enjoyed that, clinical.

• Advertisement

mic2727 wrote: »
    How can i watch this?? Bt sport doesnt seem to let me sign up if im not in UK.

You need to subscribe to Sky Sports Extra to get BT Sport legally here.

Advertisement