Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

High-end waterproof running jacket

Options
  • 25-04-2020 4:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭

Decided to ask the question in this forum rather than running one. I’m doing a lot of trail running coming up and I would like to know if anyone can recommend a very high level running jacket. Needs to be high rated waterproof, with a nice material, I prefer a slightly hugging fit (as opposed to loose).

Narrowed down to Salomon Bonnati, OMM Kamleika, or maybe Innov8 Storm...anyone any experience of advice to add be great!??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭Kurt_Godel.

Cona wrote: »
    Decided to ask the question in this forum rather than running one. I’m doing a lot of trail running coming up and I would like to know if anyone can recommend a very high level running jacket. Needs to be high rated waterproof, with a nice material, I prefer a slightly hugging fit (as opposed to loose).

Narrowed down to Salomon Bonnati, OMM Kamleika, or maybe Innov8 Storm...anyone any experience of advice to add be great!??

I've used the OMM Kemleika (smock), bought my first about 2010, second about 2016 or so. Its brilliant for trail running in all weather, way back when I used do hill running it was perfect for winter night runs through snowstorms, or summer showers etc. Out of all the various kit I've used, this would be the one item I'd recommend the most. It doesn't flap too much in the wind, its breathable and waterproof, and is comfortable to run in. The thumbholes are useful when its cold outside, the hood has a variety of options to suit conditions, and its light enough to scrunch up and carry in your hand if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭Enduro

I'm sponsored by Columbia, just so you know. If waterproofness is your #1 priority then check out the an Outdry Extreme jacket, either under Columbia or Montrail branding. Montrail ones will be more running oriented. Can't remember the last time I went for a run in the hills without one. Has also got me through some of the toughest trail races in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Enduro wrote: »
    I'm sponsored by Columbia, just so you know. If waterproofness is your #1 priority then check out the an Outdry Extreme jacket, either under Columbia or Montrail branding. Montrail ones will be more running oriented. Can't remember the last time I went for a run in the hills without one. Has also got me through some of the toughest trail races in the world.

I'm not sponsorded by Columbia but second the recommendations by Enduro. Their waterproof jackets are super. I keep looking out for a deal on the Outdry Extreme as they are expensive relative to the amount of use I would give it.

I might have some hope as I head to XL sizing during this lockdown period :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭EC1000

sconhome wrote: »
    I'm not sponsorded by Columbia

Is that an unsubtle hint at any Columbia rep reading this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

EC1000 wrote: »
    Is that an unsubtle hint at any Columbia rep reading this :)

Haha I'm leagues away from ever being a sponsored athlete. :o

• Advertisement
Advertisement